For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A very difficult thing in our lives

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: A very difficult thing in our lives   Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:59 am

We are on day 3 of crying and walking around in shock.

Wednesday evening, we let our new puppy out of her kennel to play with our other dog. She was out of sight for no more than a minute, and we thought she was playing with Violet.

I discovered her crushed underneath our couch recliner, a freak accident that's left us devastated.
We had her 12 days, and fell in love with her as if she were our own child.
Lisa is taking this the hardest as she was the one who reclined the chair.
I'm wrecked cuz I was the one who found her and cannot close my eyes without seeing her.
We tried everything we could but I had to tell Lisa she's gone.

Our new little girl was gone and there wasn't a thing I could do to bring her back. God this is so hard, there are no words that describes the pain we're going through.
We're here for each other, and I'm reading articles on this sort of thing. I'm thankful none of our children were taken from us in such a traumatic way, and they've been here for us through this as has my entire family and coworkers.

We can't bring her back. She's gone. She was so sweet and loving and innocent and just a baby. I know time will heal this, but I really needed to talk to you guys about it. Thanks for listening.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18269
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: A very difficult thing in our lives   Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:40 pm

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear about this. How devastating for you both. Praying God will heal your grief soon, and not leave you sad for too long.

PostSubject: Re: A very difficult thing in our lives   Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:07 pm

This is really bro. I really feel for you and your wife. Dogs are such an awesome part of the family. Crying or Very sad

My dog is my 'Little Girl" and a blessing. Give Violet an extra special kiss and hug and maybe after all the pain is gone and God has wiped the tears from your eyes you will be blessed with another precious dog...so many are out their and need love and a home. Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18236
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: A very difficult thing in our lives   Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:24 pm

Dogs aren't the only animals that become precious to us. I have a cat named Callie that is my "baby". She is just plain spoiled rotten to the core! We've had her for 10 years now, and I love that cat to death.

I know that Yvonne used to have a rabbit. My mother-in-law has a cat, dog, and a rabbit. I think that the rabbit is almost as rotten as the dog and cat.

My point in all this? Any animal addition to the family can easily steal your heart. It hurts like the devil when you lose one of them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: A very difficult thing in our lives   Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:27 am

Thank you guys, I appreciate your comments and compassion. It's been a real tough ride. I think the trauma of it all was too much to bear.

Quote :
you will be blessed with another precious dog
brokentulsa, you must be prophetic or something, listen to this:

We had a fantastic surprise today at work (Lisa and I work together) - Our office staff got together, paid for, and and brought us Willow's brother !! We are so blessed to have such a great staff. I'm at a loss for words. He's so precious and I pray that we can love this little fella for many years to come. It doesn't take away the pain we have in our hearts, but he sure takes the edge off the pain.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: A very difficult thing in our lives   Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:38 am

Pets bring joy in your life.
The grief is so deep when a beloved pet died.

I had a rabbit, he was my furry friend who was so very sick when we came home from vacation.
6 days later the vet told me he never could be better.
I had to leave my beloved Dushi with the vet and could't see him dying.

I feel with you G/F with the death of the dog.
It takes time to come over it.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Number of posts : 5651
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: A very difficult thing in our lives   Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:23 am

We lost a cat, Toast, to illness several years back. She was an outdoor cat, and she had contracted some disease that made her very sick. We had to put her down then.

My grandpa's cat had a heart attack one morning, around the same time as Toast, I think.

Losing a pet is never easy, but God will help you through the pain.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: A very difficult thing in our lives   Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:39 pm

I don't think it's so much the fact that our little baby pup died... it's the manner in which she died - the trauma of it just filled us with overwhelming guilt and issues of feeling like horrible people for not being more careful. I know accidents happen, and these things are just a part of this imperfect life.

I've had to put down 2 longtime cats and our Basset Hound of 11 years. I cried and felt bad with each one (and I actually hated one of the cats, but it still affected me). It's just so different when it didn't HAVE to happen, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We're really enjoying our new pup, he's great. We're obviously over-protective and ridiculous about watching him (cuz of what happened). We still have sorrow, but God knows of our heartache and He's provided so we can heal faster. I'm grateful to our Loving Father for His compassion.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18236
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: A very difficult thing in our lives   Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:57 pm

Quote :
I don't think it's so much the fact that our little baby pup died...
it's the manner in which she died - the trauma of it just filled us with
overwhelming guilt and issues of feeling like horrible people for not
being more careful. I know accidents happen, and these things are just a
part of this imperfect life.

Don't be too hard on yourselves, dude. Seriously, are you SUPPOSED to check under your recliner every time you get in it? Really? I would NEVER do that. It truly was just one of those freak things that you couldn't control. Forgive yourselves and let it pass.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: A very difficult thing in our lives   Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:27 am

Thanks. It does help to hear someone tell me that. I know with my mind that these things happen, so does Lisa, but it's hard when you feel responsible. So I really appreciate the encouragement and compassion.

You guys have been there for me once again, and I appreciate it very much.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18269
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: A very difficult thing in our lives   Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:48 am

Sadly something very similar happened to a young guy I was in the Army with. He had permission to keep a ferret in his room. Somehow the little guy got wedged between the mattress and spring on his bed (probably just trying to burrow) and he accidentally crushed it when he laid down on his bed. It was really sad, but there was no way he could have known. He beat himself up for a few days over it as well, but everyone kept telling him the same thing....there was now way he could have known, it was just one of those freak accidents.

PostSubject: Re: A very difficult thing in our lives   Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:41 am

G/F don't blame yourself for what happened with the pup.
It's sad the pup died, but let it go.
I know when a beloved pet died you keep asking yourself what when I watched the pup better or when I went to the vet earlier.
It doesn't help.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: A very difficult thing in our lives   Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:10 pm

Thanks again.
This whole thing and reading about the ferret brings to mind an even more horrible thing that puts it all in perspective. I thought of Steven Curtis Chapman and their adopted girl... for anyone who doesn't know, Steven's son backed out of their driveway and didn't see her. I cannot imagine an accident involving a child. If we feel this way about a little dog, how much more devastation must the Chapmans had to endure ??

I've prayed for the Chapmans and I thank God everyday that the 2 children He entrusted me with were kept safe and out of tragedy.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: A very difficult thing in our lives   Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:37 am

That's a reason to be gratefull to.
When the kids have to travel or so I always ask God to keep them safe and sometimes God showed me He listened to my prayers.
My son went for a weekend with friends away, when he came back he told me he almost was a part of a crash.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: A very difficult thing in our lives   Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:51 pm

Quote :
That's a reason to be gratefull to

Amen !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A very difficult thing in our lives   

Back to top Go down