Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THEOCRACY Update

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
rockerVu2
Dynamis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

THEOCRACY Update Empty
PostSubject: THEOCRACY Update   THEOCRACY Update I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 7:30 am

It looks as if the new THEOCRACY album is nearing completion! Founding member Matt Smith provided an update at the THEOCRACY forum on August 20:

“Just a quick update...

Mixes are going well! I've got around 1/3 of the album totally done now, and I'm really happy with the way it's come out. I'm getting tired of the thin, piccolo-sounding snares and inaudible bass on so many Metal releases today, so this album will kind of be a reaction to that. Fat snare, fat bass. But it's still very clear; I think it strikes a nice balance between size and clarity. Can't wait for you all to hear it!

We have a show Friday, so that will push things back a bit, but we should still be looking at 2 or 3 weeks, Lord-willing, for the album to be complete.”

On September 9 he offered further insight:

“Unfortunately, some more computer issues (imagine that) slowed my progress this week. After tonight, though, there will only be three more songs to mix, so we're looking at about the end of the week for the album to be done.”

Matt also goes into detail about the new album artwork:

“We had some early sketches done, but the primary label we're in discussions with is talking about art direction, etc. and seems willing to put a lot of time and effort into doing it right, so we're just kind of going to see if it pans out with them as hoped, and then figure out what to do about artwork.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

THEOCRACY Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEOCRACY Update   THEOCRACY Update I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 9:39 am

It's fair to listen again to Theocracy.
I remember the long songs of a previous CD.
When I have to listen to long song I forget I am listening.
Now I hope the songs of the new CD are not that long anymore.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

THEOCRACY Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEOCRACY Update   THEOCRACY Update I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 1:30 pm

Hard to be too terribly excited about this or many of the other great albums/artists that were supposed to be done any moment now.

I know they want to keep the voracious fans updated, but you can only string them along for so long (this is no slight to Theocracy, many bands seem to do this). As for me I think I would almost rather not even now until a month or two before the release.

Having said that, I am really looking forward to their new album, the last one holds a high place in my favorites. So with the mixing almost done, I assume it will be off to be mastered as well and it will still be a few months before we see the actual release.

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

THEOCRACY Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEOCRACY Update   THEOCRACY Update I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 10:01 pm

Likely not until 2008. It will be a few months after they decide on a label.

Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

THEOCRACY Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEOCRACY Update   THEOCRACY Update I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 1:36 pm

Dynamis wrote:
I'm getting tired of the thin, piccolo-sounding snares and inaudible bass on so many Metal releases today, so this album will kind of be a reaction to that. Fat snare, fat bass. But it's still very clear; I think it strikes a nice balance between size and clarity.

This makes me VERY excited!!! Matt gets it!
Back to top Go down
endlessfuneral2003

endlessfuneral2003

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-07-27

THEOCRACY Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEOCRACY Update   THEOCRACY Update I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 9:44 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/endlessfuneral
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

THEOCRACY Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEOCRACY Update   THEOCRACY Update I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 8:19 am

I wish I liked this band as much as everyone else. Maybe if I could find a cheap used copy, I would try listening to it again.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

THEOCRACY Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEOCRACY Update   THEOCRACY Update I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 10:46 am

I'll not even hesitate in ordering this. Can't wait! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

THEOCRACY Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEOCRACY Update   THEOCRACY Update I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THEOCRACY Update
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: