Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christian power blues/rock

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
steelguitar01
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Christian power blues/rock  Empty
PostSubject: Christian power blues/rock    Christian power blues/rock  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Does anyone here know of any Christian power blues/rock artists? Music in the vein of Robin Trower or Frank Marino. I've listened to some of Glenn Kaiser's music and occasionally he hints at what I'm itchin' for, but he leans too much towards trad blues, which really aint my bag. Any help would be welcome.
Back to top Go down
steelguitar01

steelguitar01

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Christian power blues/rock    Christian power blues/rock  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:52 pm

I always recommend [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] There's all kinds of blues there. You may like some of my stuff with my former band Victory In Heaven Blues Band or my current solo stuff. My new album "Slide Ruler" was recorded with Tommy Shannon (SRV) and Chet McCracken (Doobie Brothers). Mighty Jeremiahs is pretty good rockin' blues with Jimmy Hall (Wet Willie) and Greg Martin (Kentucky Headhunters). Good luck in your search..........
Back to top Go down
http://www.sterlingkoch.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Christian power blues/rock    Christian power blues/rock  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:38 pm

The last Jeff Scheetz album "The Mask" is a heavy blues influenced rock album. Very commericial, but it does have some good instrumental tracks.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Christian power blues/rock    Christian power blues/rock  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:28 am

That's cool to check out the blues link.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian power blues/rock    Christian power blues/rock  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Quote :
Mighty Jeremiahs is pretty good rockin' blues with Jimmy Hall (Wet
Willie) and Greg Martin (Kentucky Headhunters). Good luck in your
search..........

Did they ever do a second release?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Christian power blues/rock    Christian power blues/rock  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:58 pm

Frank Marino is now a Christian Very Happy and has put out a couple of Christian blues albums. Check out his albums "Eye of the Storm" and "Full Circle".

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian power blues/rock    Christian power blues/rock  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:17 pm

I've got Full Circle. Great album! I'll check out Eye of the Storm in greater depth-I've heard a few samples. I'll hop over to christianblues.net also. Staybrite, I had forgotten about Jeff Sheetz. Thank you one and all! Also, thanks for the youtube links!
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian power blues/rock    Christian power blues/rock  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:30 pm

How about The Steve Riddle Band?

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Christian power blues/rock    Christian power blues/rock  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:33 am

topshot rhit wrote:
How about The Steve Riddle Band?

Wow, I didn't know Steve Miller was a Christian

(ooops my bad......you said Steve RIDDLE)Laughing

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Christian power blues/rock    Christian power blues/rock  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:04 pm

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but Red Sea is always a good
choice. They have quite a bit of blues influence and Robin is a
phenomenal vocalist!

Back to top Go down
steelguitar01

steelguitar01

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Christian power blues/rock    Christian power blues/rock  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:37 pm

There have been talks of a second Mighty Jeremiah's album but so far nothing............
Back to top Go down
http://www.sterlingkoch.com

PostSubject: Re: Christian power blues/rock    Christian power blues/rock  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:19 pm

Definitely pickin' up on Red Sea! Thanks, silentthunder89!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian power blues/rock    Christian power blues/rock  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian power blues/rock
Page 1 of 1