Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Very" Christian Bands

Go down 
+4
icon_red
alldatndensum
silentthunder89
Guilty/Forgiven
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

"Very" Christian Bands Empty
PostSubject: "Very" Christian Bands   "Very" Christian Bands I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:22 pm

So I've been updating my collection info website. I've come across several bands that are barely Christian lyric-wise and others who are VERY Christian in their lyrics.

Which bands would you say are very evangelistic or strong on Jesus-Per-Minutes ?

ie Sons of Thunder are not shy at all about their faith lyrically
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: "Very" Christian Bands   "Very" Christian Bands I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Disciple were NEVER shy with their lyrics, especially with thier first several albums.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: "Very" Christian Bands   "Very" Christian Bands I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Early Disciple and Skillet.

Whitecross, Barren Cross, Rose, Mad At The World, Narnia, Rob Rock, Legend/Legend 7, Petra/Classic Petra, Seventh Power (or any Bill Menchen project), and of course Stryper. That ought to get the list going.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: "Very" Christian Bands   "Very" Christian Bands I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:58 pm

Even though it's a genre few if any listen to here, there are tons of hardcore bands that are extremely up front with their lyrics: Phinehas, Becoming the Archetype, Corpus Christi, The Great Commission, Sleeping Giant, For Today, Hands, and the list goes on.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: "Very" Christian Bands   "Very" Christian Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:51 am

Surprising. I always thought that genre would be more vague in their lyrics. Idk why, maybe just thought they'd be dark and cryptic. I have several albums in that genre cuz my son was into it during his mid-teens. I myself love the band's shreddings, but can't stand unintelligable screaming/growling lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: "Very" Christian Bands   "Very" Christian Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:40 am

Steelwind
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: "Very" Christian Bands   "Very" Christian Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:45 am

Third Day
Building 429
Jeremy Camp

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
icon_red

icon_red

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: "Very" Christian Bands   "Very" Christian Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:54 am

Mylon And Brokenheart, Whiteheart, Undercover, Altar Boys, Daniel Amos/Terry Taylor, Steve Taylor,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Very" Christian Bands   "Very" Christian Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:18 am

Narnia
Back to top Go down
icon_red

icon_red

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: "Very" Christian Bands   "Very" Christian Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:19 am

Mastedon/Elefantes and anything on Pakaderm
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: "Very" Christian Bands   "Very" Christian Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:21 am

Mission Of One, Crystavox.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: "Very" Christian Bands   "Very" Christian Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:50 pm

Petra
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: "Very" Christian Bands   "Very" Christian Bands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Daniel Band, early Deliverance, Saint, Stryken, Mortification. That's off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: "Very" Christian Bands   "Very" Christian Bands I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:54 am

Kutless, The Lads
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: "Very" Christian Bands   "Very" Christian Bands I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:06 am

The Lads ?

a band I've never heard of ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Very" Christian Bands   "Very" Christian Bands I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Very" Christian Bands
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: