For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Gossip

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Gossip   Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:13 am

Me and my wife were talking the other day and she said something very profound I had never thought of and I wanted to share it with everyone. When we think of gossip we tend to think about people who tell someones private business to someone else....the girls that go on with each other about the new girl, the old lady that tells everyone's business to anyone who will listen, etc...
My wife pointed out when we make movies or base TV shows on someones private business that is gossip. The news media loves to gossip. Lots of songs and books are written based on gossip about someone else. I had never really thought about that. Interesting.. scratch
Scripture makes an issue over gossip. Paul warns us sternly about gossip. This really makes me think I should think more about what I watch and read and listen to.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18066
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Gossip   Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:48 pm

I think what goes on with reality TV isn't quite the same as gossip (assuming those people signed a release to be on that show). Much of it does however smack me as wrong. Getting entertainment by watching somone's train-wreck of a life just seems wrong to me.

Admin

Number of posts : 17981
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Gossip   Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:09 pm

I have to agree with Gary. While I guess it is technically gossip, these people put their lives on display intentionally. I just find most reality TV to be anything but that and just don't watch it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gossip   

Back to top Go down

Gossip
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1