For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:07 pm

I was just curious to see if anyone here is involved in ministry of any kind? Whether in be in the church, teaching a class or an outreach type ministry. Or maybe even just personally out to wins souls for the Kingdom!!

Also has anyone ever led anyone to Christ before?

I know so much of the time we are concerned with what God has done or doing in our lives, that we forget the great commision.

Peace!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18244
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:03 am

I am involved in the ministry. I am a youth pastor for a local church. I've been with this church almost 3 years. I did 6 years at the last church and a few at a previous church. I've also gotten to lead a few people to the Lord over the years.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18276
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:23 pm

I used to work with the 4th and 5th graders at our church, but I had a serious disagreement with how the children where managed, and I had to leave.

I must confess that I have never lead anyone to Christ before, but most of the people I have shared Jesus with think I am a flake or weirdo....so maybe I'm just planting seeds.

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Very cool Alldat & Staybrite!! I was a Pastor for 15 years, Started out as a Youth Pastor then had my own church for a while. I got a divorce in 05 and my license got pulled!!

But I was just curious!! Wanted to see who I am hanging with lol!!

Timshell64

Oh and Staybrite keep planting those seeds. Just remember it is Jesus they are rejecting, not you!!

Timshell64

Oh and it was supposed to say type of ministry not time LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Number of posts : 5652
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:09 pm

I've played with the worship band a few times before, and am trying to become a "full-time" member as a bassist or drummer.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18276
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Timshell64 wrote:
Oh and Staybrite keep planting those seeds. Just remember it is Jesus they are rejecting, not you!!

Amen brother!

Oh and DBF's post reminded me that I played guitar and bass at my old church for about 4 years.

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:05 pm

I have been in the past. Smile
Back to top Go down
Readi_Sketti

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:46 am

Yup, Smile I consider myself lucky to be used to serve. I've been involved in lots of different things. Smile
From Children's Church to helping Christian Bands Smile
Back to top Go down
PouncerW

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:29 pm

I am part of a local assembly of believers, where I take part in a number of activities. I am the superintendant of the Sunday school, which has expanded to a Monday night school. I take part in preaching the Gospel on Sunday night when asked (on average every 5-6 weeks). I also take part in ministry of teaching to my fellow believers. We have a weekly bible study that requires preparation and sometimes have been asked to lead the study. I have seen souls saved, but I can only say I read and talked to them, and to see that The Lord Jesus Christ save them is a very humbling yet joyous occasion. But when I weigh those experiences against all my lost oppertunities, it reminds me of my own failures, and I know there is more I can do.

We all can be encouraged to know that we can do mighty things In Him, but can do nothing in ourselves.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3371
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:31 am

In our previous church (membership = 70 people) I was the worship band's drummer.

In our current church (membership = roughly 1200) I serve on the Prayer line as a Prayer Partner. We stand at the front during a portion of the song service and people can come pray, confidentially of course, with one of us. You know, that whole 2 or more ask in my name kind of thing.

Also, I'm currently working with our Youth Pastor as I have felt called into ministry and am exploring wha that is supposed to look like.
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:46 pm

That is awesome Ishmael81!!!! I was in youth ministry for about 12 years it is an awesome ministry!!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Have been involved in many ministries over the last 25 years... haven't been involved recently due to many reasons. Ministries included ushering, sound, web design, sermon recording, 4th and 5th grade boys, youth group, booking bands to play, and countercult studies and seminars.
I've planted lots of seeds over the years but only one person wanted to get saved cuz of my faithfulness to God - She was raised catholic but strayed away. All she needed was a simple explanation of the true Gospel. She accepted Christ, had an amazing transformation of heart... and later we got married and recently celebrated our 15th anniversary. Her fruit surpassed mine years ago ! God is very cool.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3371

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:00 am

That's a great story Jim!
Back to top Go down
bassdude

Number of posts : 419

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:31 pm

I am a musician in my church, I play bass guitar, lead guitar, or acoustic guitar depending on what's needed that week.

My wife works in early childhood, mostly newborns to 2-year-olds. She also delivers a small gift to people who fill out a visitor card their first time at the church.

We co-lead a small group Bible study on Weds. nights.
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:53 pm

Awesome Bassdude!!
Back to top Go down
unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:24 pm

I am called into the ministry full time in the pastorate.

actually, I've been called multiple times.. and reminded by my wife about 30 times (at least) lol ...

soon I shall be entering into the educational standards of the Church of the Nazarene... to be ordained. (though the process thereto is long)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:27 am

That is awesome Unworthy!!
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:09 am

UnWorthy I want to bless you with a blessing that Paul gave to the Ephesian church. Going into full time ministry is a most admirable thing to do!! It is very rewarding and also very challenging!! But if God calls you, He will provide for you and your ministry!! He always does if we stay true to Him and maintain our first love!!

16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and heightó 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

I pray this blessing for you and that the Lord would grant you Wisdom and courage to face every challenge. Also just from my experience, people will not always remember what you preached or taught, but they will remember if you loved them and cared for them or not!!

Be blessed my brother!!

Tim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?   

Back to top Go down

Just Curious? Anyone here involved in any time of Ministry?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1