Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guardian Update

Go down 
+3
rockerVu2
Staybrite
silentthunder89
7 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:17 am

As of last night, Guardian was able to raise the money necessary to successfully complete their kickstarter campaign! (they raised $30,694 when they needed $30,000).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:31 pm

Great news!

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Now that means we can expect a new Guardian album.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:03 pm

I am glad to see that they will be continuing making some new music. Even though I don't like Kickstarter, I did pledge to this one as I made several comments to them saying that the rewards were too expensive. No one wanted a $30 CD. So, when they dropped the CD down to $20, I kept my word and pledged.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:54 am

I hope this new album is in English not in Spanish.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 12:27 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I hope this new album is in English not in Spanish.

I think they will probably do both an english and spanish version. I think the band might have a bigger following in Central and South America then they do in the U.S. and Europe combined.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 12:30 pm

I havent been keeping up with this like I should but I feel $20 is a bit steep for a CD myself. Doesnt mean I wont get it but I'd like to see the price dropped down a bit. Glad the exceeded the goal.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Staybrite that means we are getting the same CD the US and Europe CD combined.

Funny that Guardian is populair in Central and South America.
Back to top Go down
Preacherman777

Number of posts : 74

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:37 am

My understanding is that CDs will only be pressed for those who contributed to the Kickstarter campaign, so $20 ended up being the cheapest available price for a CD. Who knows, maybe they'll change their mind after seeing how much the fans really just wanted a CD at a reasonable price, but if they stick to the original plan, the album will only be available as a download once it's been made and now that the campaign is over.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Preacherman777, welcome to CHM.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 5:59 pm

The $30 K goal was supposed to be so that they could do both an English and Spanish version.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Preacherman777 wrote:
My understanding is that CDs will only be pressed for those who contributed to the Kickstarter campaign, so $20 ended up being the cheapest available price for a CD. Who knows, maybe they'll change their mind after seeing how much the fans really just wanted a CD at a reasonable price, but if they stick to the original plan, the album will only be available as a download once it's been made and now that the campaign is over.

All that means to me is that I will never hear it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Preacherman777

Number of posts : 74

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:22 am

Quote :
The $30 K goal was supposed to be so that they could do both an English and Spanish version.

Was that ever stated officially? I've heard people speculate about that, but never heard it in any official capacity.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 10:07 am

Well, if they dont make a CD I'll look for it on itunes. Works just as good for me.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:14 am

Is that how it goes?
When you don't give $$$ to a Kickstarter project of a band you are not able to buy that CD?
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:30 am

I don't think that is always the case. Just with this release.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:56 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Is that how it goes?
When you don't give $$$ to a Kickstarter project of a band you are not able to buy that CD?

If not for the interest of some of the fans, Guardian wasn't even planning on releasing CDs. They were going to just go with digital downloads. The only people who will get a CD are the ones who pledged $20 to the Kickstarter project. Everyone else will have to buy the download.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:44 am

Hmmm, it sound a bit like "only when you pay to the Kickstarte project" you get a CD.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:56 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Hmmm, it sound a bit like "only when you pay to the Kickstarte project" you get a CD.

As I said, not always the case, just for this project. I know John Schlitt will be releasing a CD version of Greater Cause
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:11 pm

Preacherman777 wrote:
Quote :

Was that ever stated officially? I've heard people speculate about that, but never heard it in any official capacity.

I believe in thier video that they did to kick off the kickstarter, Jamie mentioned it or it was in one of the updates. I know that a large contingent of thier fans is in the South America region, so I suspect it will be in Spanish as well. I'm just glad they reached thier goal so a new Guardian cd will come out.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:14 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I am glad to see that they will be continuing making some new music. Even though I don't like Kickstarter, I did pledge to this one as I made several comments to them saying that the rewards were too expensive. No one wanted a $30 CD. So, when they dropped the CD down to $20, I kept my word and pledged.

I admit it, I pledged $30 right off the bat. I got the feeling that not many CD's were going to be pressed and I wanted to make sure I got one. Only later on did they make it all pledges $20 and up get a cd. I guess part of me thought it would get funded right away and I would miss it. I normally wouldn't spend that much on a cd however.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guardian Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Update   Guardian Update I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guardian Update
Page 1 of 1