Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saint Desperate Night track by track

Go down 
+5
unworthy
Timshell64
ishmael81
Driven
MikeInFla
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Saint Desperate Night track by track Empty
PostSubject: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 11:21 am

1."Crusified" is the opening track. Reminds me of "In The Night" from "Time's End". Good opening track. Also reminds me of a song from "The Revealtion" but I can't pin-point it right now.

2. The Key. Featuring Mr. Lynch on vocals. This is a very good song and his voice fits it. I see Saint kind of like Kiss in the vocal dept. Rich has a style much like Gene Simmons and when done right the songs he is featured on are good. In comparison of his vocalization, I prefer Rich's version of "The Judas In Me" from Crime Scene Earth. I just feel his voice fits that song better, as does this one. I believe JOSH is on backing vocals on this one. I love the guitar "crunch" on this one at 2:15 into the song. This is the only track to feature Rich on lead vocals and he shows he is capable on this one

3. End Of The World. Classic Saint topic here. Judgement Day is here! Cool sound effects at 1:31

4. Let It Rock. The only ballad... HAHAHA Got ya, this one will kick your teeth in at 10 seconds into it! Turn it up loud, but not too loud. It has a low intro, very cool effect on the start of the song like it is being played thru a phone. So far my favorite song on this release. Outstanding backing vocals from Rich. The bass tone is awesome too (and the bass sounds better on this album than any other Saint release, it is much fuller than in the past). Great musical breakdown around 1:30 with a 70's feel on the "back" guitar and another good crunching sound. LET IT ROCK!

5. The Frey. "Alright, last time, here we go!" We get classic JOSH SCREAMS on this one. Great guitar work from Herr Schenkerr at about a minute into it.

6. Inside Out. What else can I say? Another tune in Classic Saint style. Plods a bit but there's nothing wrong with plodding. Sounds like it would fit on Hellblade.

7. Desperate Night. Featuring Brian on vocals with a classic Saint SCREAM at the start of the song. Let me ask you this. If they never told us Josh wasn't on this song would you know the difference? You might but it would really be hard to tell. He shows he is a capable vocalist on this one and I look forward to more songs with Brian singing. Let's just hope Josh is involved at some capacity on the next release. I think it would be cool to have them sing together and both be featured on the next release. This one "plods" too. Awesome guitar solo from Jerry again on this one. GREAT SCREAMING at 3:54. Brian is a very good vocalist and on this song he really shines.

8. Zombie. I like to call this "Zombie Shuffle". I think this would be a great song for AMC to use for "The Walking Dead". It has very creepy backing vocals and this is a good heavy song. Josh's vocals here remind me of Judas Priest, especially something from "Sad Wings Of Destiny". Sounds a lot like the vocal delivery of "The Ripper" (studio version) by Priest. With Zombie love being at an all time high right now this would be great used in a movie or Walking Dead. Love the evil laughs on it.

9. Judgement. Starts with a heartbeat and gun shots. Another good bass tone from Rich on this one. Another great Saint classic theme, "Come Lord Jesus". Judegement is here!

10. To Live Forever. MUCH better than the original from "The Perfect Life" which featured Tim Lamberson on vocals and a drum machine. Guitars are better on this one and we have real drums. Honestly, I am not all familiar with the original as I have only heard it a handful of times as I don't play The Perfect Life very much. Jerry shows he's a capable guitarist in replacing Dee (but we already knew that anyway).

11. Escape From The Fire! Very heavy track and the albums closer. Fast, heavy, just the way I like it. Rich & Josh on vocals. Great screams from Josh again. How does he do it after all these years? Sounds like another track in the vain of Hellblade. Burn forever and ever you'll burn! This is a great ending track.

Over all an excellent release and I think it DOES top Hellblade. I'm not saying that because it is a new release, I just think the songs on this one are a bit stronger than Hellblade. Definitely something classic fans will want to get. SAINT has consistantly delivered great releases since coming back with "In The Battle". There are no other classic bands that have done this, not even Stryper. No slam on them at all but we've had 3 releases from them, one being a cover album and the next one will be re-records. That's fine but I would rather have new material and that has what Saint has done with all of their releases since 2004. To Live Forever IS a re-record but it also seems new because it is different from the original. The original seems more of a demo (and Im gonna pull that one out and listen to it again and compare because I just don't remember much about The Perfect Life.

Here we go again with another drummer but Jared is ON IT. How does he get so much sound out of such a small drum kit (if you look at his pics he has a small drum set and this album makes it feel like it's one of those huge kits from the 80's that every drummer from every metal band used to have). Larry London was excellent, I really liked him on drums and Bill Brost was good on the last release but Jared fits in nicely. I am also glad they used him for mixing as he seems to have an ear for this. I think it may be his behind the scenes work that makes this one sound as good as it does. He's "the wizard behind the curtain".
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:14 pm

They used standard, Drop D and Drop C tunings on the album. As well, Zombie's my favourite Razz
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:14 pm

Can't wait to get my hands on this!
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 7:31 am

I am listening to this as I write!! I got it the other day and only got to listen while riding around in the truck with the roommate who wanted to talk on the phone and kept turning it down (I hate that lol).

I think I like this cd better than the others that have come out lately!! Maybe it is me but it just seems more uhhh Melodic for lack of a better word, to me!! I guess I will know more after the 20th listen or so!!

I would highly suggest checking this out!!

Tim
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 11:00 am

Yes so far my favorite release in 2012
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:53 pm

yep.. Saint will most likely claim spot #2 for the year...

personally, my favorite song is Inside Out... and my least favorite is zombie...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:44 am

after listening to it several times over.. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to change my favorite song on the disc to "Crucified" .. with Inside Out being a close second.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:39 am

I really dig "Let It Rock". Fantastic Track. "The Key" and "Crucified" a close second.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:54 pm

Got mine in the mail today. Nice for a digipack. The layout is cool, has lyrics and some great artwork. And the disc holds GOOD without falling out. This is not a Retroactive Records release but Armour Records so the band is doing them on their own this time around. Sounds awesome those of you that have been waiting for a physical cd need to get it now! Mine was signed by the band too!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Hmmm the new Saint is a digipack.
MikeInFla, now you have gotten your new Saint CD, I'm sure mine is coming too.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Should be on the way… I feel like checking the mail all of a sudden Razz
Back to top Go down
Joe C

Joe C

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:17 am

danielbandfan wrote:
Should be on the way… I feel like checking the mail all of a sudden Razz

That may depend on the Canada Border Services Agency. Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:26 am

I got mine as well. I still hate digis.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:34 am

Yeah I still hate digipacks too but at least this one doesn't fall out. In case anyone is wondering the band signed the back panel so it wouldn't take away from the album art. This is very nicely done for a self released album.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:38 am

Since I hate digis I figured out there are two digis.

The most worse digis are those with less information about the band. No added lyrics.
The better digis are with information about the band and when the band added the lyrics.

Please bands stop releasing your wonderful CDs on digipacks.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:14 pm

I hate digis too, but I downloaded my copy from Amazon so it didn't bother me at all! Laughing
But seriously this is a fantastic album! I haven't listened to it enough yet to tell how it stacks up against Hell Blade, but on first impression I would say it is at least nearly as good. Really dig the title track with the new singer, obviously a little different from Josh but he still brings that Saint sound to the band.

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:06 pm

This and Hell Blade are probably my favourite new Saint albums. Time's End is probably my favourite "old"/"classic" Saint album.

Listened to Hell Blade in the car today, incidentally. Arise and seeā€¦
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:32 pm

[URL=https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/685/despnight0001.jpg/ASaint Desperate Night track by track Despnight0001[/URL]

In case anyone is wondering, here is how they sign it. It doesnt take away from the album art at all.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saint Desperate Night track by track   Saint Desperate Night track by track I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saint Desperate Night track by track
Page 1 of 1