For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Your thoughts about this.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14671
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Your thoughts about this.   Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:44 am

My son asked me last week if I believe there are UFOs.
Or on an other planet is life too?

I have told him what's written in Genesis.
That God created the earth, the star and the moon and all life there is on earth.
I haven't read God created on an other planet the same as He did on earth.
That makes me believe God only created life on earth.

What are your thoughts about this?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18174
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts about this.   Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:35 am

I think that it is possible that there is life out there somewhere. However, until I meet a little green man from Mars in person, I am not a believer. I love science fiction, but I have yet to encounter any aliens other than the illegal kind that sneak into the USA.

With any close-encounter stories that I've read over the years, the "aliens" almost always seem malevolent. I wonder if what people are experiencing is demonic activity instead of true alien life forms.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts about this.   Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:58 am

1. we, on the planet, are in a very special position in the universe. Perfectly placed so that life is possible. Pretty much every other area of the known universe pales in some respect to ours as far as the ability for life to exist, thrive, and for the ability to explore. Thus the reasoning for there to be life on any of them is minute. If such it will only be very small animals, as there isn't much chance of another planet being in our peculiar position. (the right distance from the sun/at the right angle/right orbit/right position in the solar system/etc) Not to mention all the other aspects of the planet which make life permissible. (such as the right force of gravity, the right amount of oxygen in the air, and the composition of our atmosphere which keeps out things which would incinerate us) To me it is almost impossible to conceive of another planet being composed in such a manner.

2. Life did not come from "the right circumstances," it came from God who was the one who created all of them. To say that God could not create another planet like ours and put life on them is to say too much. However, the Scriptures give no hint of such so any mention or thought of them is absolute speculation and, in my opinion, absolutely ignorant.

3. Our physical composition and what allows us life is based on the only physical makeup which would allow life. Any concepts of aliens which are not like us is fantasy because it's physically impossible.

4. God made us unique and the concept of aliens takes away from that and therefore I would not even contemplate the issue.

5. The "alien" stories are ALWAYS physical anomalies or spiritual interaction with ours; same as the "ghost" stories.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18213
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts about this.   Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:04 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I think that it is possible that there is life out there somewhere. However, until I meet a little green man from Mars in person, I am not a believer.

If there is any other life other than what is on this planet it would still have to be created by the only Creator God.

Number of posts : 3363

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts about this.   Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:10 pm

Ever read The Andromeda Strain? Given that something like 2% of creatures on this planet are humanoid, and something like 5% are large enough to see without a microscope, if there is life, we probably wouldn't see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts about this.   Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:18 pm

I believe we are the only planet with human life on it. I do not believe in UFO's.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14671
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts about this.   Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:43 am

I think I've seen a citizen from Pluto.
He had long ears. geek
He's playing in a Disney movie.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18213
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts about this.   Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:23 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
I think I've seen a citizen from Pluto.
He had long ears. geek
He's playing in a Disney movie.

lol! Thats funny!

Number of posts : 419

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts about this.   Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:08 pm

I think anything is possible.........it seems a little pretentious for humans to believe that God created an entire universe and only put life on one little speck of a planet in a out-of-the-way corner of a spiral galaxy.

But, until I see some evidence of other life I will agree with alldat.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Number of posts : 5638
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts about this.   Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:35 pm

I think God would mention it in the Bible if there were UFOs out there. I cannot see the possibility of making multiple peoples… "Let man be made in Our image…"

As well, a lot of people think there are UFO conspiracies within the government. I think it's all paranoia.

As to bassdude's point, "the heavens declare the glory (vastness) of God". I sometimes look out at night and look at the stars, and think that God holds the universe in His hands, and yet dwells within us.

This is a good book upon the subject: http://www.alienintrusion.com/main.html
Back to top Go down
unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts about this.   Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:26 pm

I stand by what I said ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts about this.   

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts about this.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1