Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The time after the band.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

The time after the band. Empty
PostSubject: The time after the band.   The time after the band. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:01 am

Bands come and bands go.
That's how it goes, if you like it or not.

I was thinking when a band quits playing what the member are going to do.
Are they starting a new band?
Or like the older bands like Bride, Crystavox and more.
Are the members of the bands still active in the Christian hard rock, or they have a family with a day job and their instruments are hanging in the trees.?
Or they produce other bands.
Have you an idea?
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: The time after the band.   The time after the band. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:14 am

I think allot of them have taken day jobs to support families!! Unfortunately we live in a day and age when Lady gaga can make millions and people with real talent have to work day jobs, night shifts and anything they can get!!!

Not fair, but Jesus never said in his Word that life was fair, He just said He is Good!!! I am just glad they put out those cds, even if it was only one. Because they encourage me and challenge me in my faith not to be complacent. Also those times when I am tired and weak, I am not filling my spirit with things that may make me want to compromise!!!!

Tim
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: The time after the band.   The time after the band. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 5:13 pm

Timshell64 wrote:
I think allot of them have taken day jobs to support families!! Unfortunately we live in a day and age when Lady gaga can make millions and people with real talent have to work day jobs, night shifts and anything they can get!!!

Not fair, but Jesus never said in his Word that life was fair, He just said He is Good!!! I am just glad they put out those cds, even if it was only one. Because they encourage me and challenge me in my faith not to be complacent. Also those times when I am tired and weak, I am not filling my spirit with things that may make me want to compromise!!!!

Tim

what he said.
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: The time after the band.   The time after the band. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 5:22 pm

Thanks Sue Ha ha ha
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The time after the band.   The time after the band. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:20 am

Timshell64 wrote:
I am just glad they put out those cds, even if it was only one. Because they encourage me and challenge me in my faith not to be complacent. Also those times when I am tired and weak, I am not filling my spirit with things that may make me want to compromise!!!!

Tim

Absolutely! In a world where Christians are laughed at and secularism is the be all and end all I find it quite amazing that we have any Christian rock/metal at all! And I take my hat off to bands like Saint, Bride et al who realise they aren't going to make loads of cash (if any) out of it, but do it because they like their faith to shine.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The time after the band.   The time after the band. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:43 am

I just dont see how any of them can survive WITHOUT day jobs. Richard Lynch said they were not in it for the money. I believe he has a day job working with the state of Oregon. Tracie Farrie said he couldnt tour with Stryper because he couldnt afford to leave his day job.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The time after the band.   The time after the band. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:10 am

What I think is there is a big differance between Christian bands and secular bands.
Probably most Christian band members have a job and the band is for leisure.
Do you know if there are Christian bands who have the band as full time job?

More secular bands are professional.
No, I don't mean Christian bands are not professional.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The time after the band.   The time after the band. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:24 am

Most secular band members have to hold down regular jobs as well. I believe Johnny Lee Middleton of Savatage and now TSO works for his father's HVAC company when he's not on the road. Unless you are at the top of the heap, you usually cannot make a living on music. Or at least not a very good one. If you were in a big town and gigging 5-6 nights a week you could probably eek out a livable salary, but you still couldn't support a family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The time after the band.   The time after the band. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The time after the band.
Page 1 of 1