Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hurricane.

Go down 
+4
unworthy
Staybrite
Hardkore
rockerVu2
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:51 am

Maybe CHM members are living in the area where Isaac is.
I hope you are doing good and have no damage to your property.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Where I am all we have is some wind and lots of rain. It has been raining since yesterday and is supposed to continue til Friday. It's not windy enough to cause any damage but we are under a Tornado watch. Plus there is enough rain that some areas are flooding.

Oh, I just remembered seeing a vid of a newscast not too far from here. It was about a sailboat that wasn't tied down or anchored. It ended up hitting some power lines with its mast and caused a blackout where it was.

http://www.weather.com/weather/videos/news-41/top-stories-169/runaway-boat-causes-big-trouble-30383
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm almost as far away as you can get and still be in the U.S.

rockerVu2

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:25 pm

Hardcore, glad it's not windy enough to cause damage, but the tornado watch must be scary.
I hope the tornados leave your area alone.

Thanks for the vids.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:56 pm

when katrina hit we got some wind all the way up here so it wouldn't surprise me if we do with Isaac....
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:20 pm

We will probably have a couple of windy days and some rain. That's usually about all we get from hurricanes. TN is too far away to really be affected.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:41 pm

Ontario rarely, if ever, gets anything from hurricanes. Toronto (the southernmost area of Canada, more or less) got Hazel in the '50s, and that was the worst recorded hurricane up here.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 pm

unworthy wrote:
when katrina hit we got some wind all the way up here so it wouldn't surprise me if we do with Isaac....

Here's a little trivia for you...Today is the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. Folks in NOLA are not excited about the coincidence.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 10:49 pm

It looks like the center of the storm will be right overhead for me sometime Fri. night or Saturday here in Missouri. We are looking forward to getting some rain, they are saying we might get 4-6 inches out of what is left of the storm.

We really need the moisture, it won't flood here......the massive cracks in the ground from the drought will soak it all up in no time.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:02 am

It has almost been 24 hours since the eye made landfall yesterday and it is still in southern La. This thing is hardly even moving.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hurricanecentral/tracker/2012/isaac
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:06 am

Hardkore wrote:
unworthy wrote:

Here's a little trivia for you...Today is the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. Folks in NOLA are not excited about the coincidence.

7th anniversary, right?
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:51 am

danielbandfan wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
unworthy wrote:

7th anniversary, right?

Yep,Katrina hit in 2005.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina
Back to top Go down

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:06 pm

So if Bush was the cause of Katrina, did Obama cause Issac? Suspect
Back to top Go down

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 11:31 am

At least this will bring some much needed rain to the midwest.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 3:55 pm

May the Lord be with all those affected by this hurricane, and open their eyes to their own mortality awakening them to come to the faith that is only given freely by the Lord Jesus.

Amen.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 4:56 pm

I hope the wind and the rain don't cause a flood or any damage.
Try to keep it dry.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Rain.......I love it so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hurricane.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane.    Hurricane.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurricane.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: