For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Universalism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Number of posts : 3681
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Universalism   Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:05 am

"Not again" I hear you say! But do not worry, it's not a debate thread, just a question..........

Universalists believe that in the end everyone will get to heaven as God wouldn't be cruel enough to send some to hell.

My question is (if the above statement is true) "What about the devil and his angels?" Will they be in heaven aswell?

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 17978
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Universalism   Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:16 am

First of all, I am not going to entertain a huge Universalism debate like on CMR. I believe that it is a false doctrine, and I believe that it has been adequately debated and thrown down with strong Biblical evidence in the thread at CMR.

To answer your question, Fundy, the answer is a resounding NO. The devil and his angels will not be there. Hell, or everlasting fire, was created FOR THEM. Here is a great passage about eternal fire, and pay close attention to verses 41 and 46 below.

Matthew 25:31-46

31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.' 37 Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.' 41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.' 44 Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?' 45 Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14568
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Universalism   Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:06 am

That was my thought too.
Again an Universalism thread.

No satan and his angels never will go to heaven.
They end in the eternal fire.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Number of posts : 3681
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Universalism   Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:14 am

Sorry guys, I think I made my question a bit unclear. What I meant was "do universalists think the devil will be in heaven"

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18063
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Universalism   Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:44 pm

I got the meaning of your question. But I think you would probably have to ask a Universalist directly (maybe send a pm to Rage/Norm).
I would be interested in hearing what a Universalists has to say about it as well.
However I don't want to get the rest of the staff here all riled up, so maybe you could pm me if/when you get some kind of answer.

Number of posts : 14568
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Universalism   Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:42 am

Hebrews 10:27

but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

That's one I found.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Universalism   

Back to top Go down

Universalism
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The WORD - Biblical Discussion and Prayer Requests-
Jump to: