Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Petra Schlitt/Weaver

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Petra Schlitt/Weaver Empty
PostSubject: Petra Schlitt/Weaver   Petra Schlitt/Weaver I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 12:56 am

I know this is old news but why did Schlitt fire Weaver right around the time of Jekyl and Hyde ...I thought maybe there were bad feelings but Weaver is now part of the Classic Petra Lineup pounding the skins. So what gives....
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Petra Schlitt/Weaver   Petra Schlitt/Weaver I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Have moved this thread to The Buzz.
Back to top Go down
Preacherman777

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Petra Schlitt/Weaver   Petra Schlitt/Weaver I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:28 pm

I've heard conflicting stories over what brought about his departure from the band. Who knows what the truth is, but I do know it was a decision made by John Schlitt and Wayne Seboa who was Petra's manager at the time. This happened during a time when Bob had left charge of the band to John and to my understanding, John did ask Bob about it and Bob told him to do what he felt he needed to do. Bob, therefore, was a only a passive part of it and so I don't suppose there are the same kind of issues between Louie and Bob and that there might be between Louie and John. Reuniting the classic version of Petra was Greg X. Volz idea and he pitched it to the others who were available. Obviously, none of them had any issues about reuniting and playing together again.
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Petra Schlitt/Weaver   Petra Schlitt/Weaver I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:50 pm

Preacherman777 wrote:
I've heard conflicting stories over what brought about his departure from the band. Who knows what the truth is, but I do know it was a decision made by John Schlitt and Wayne Seboa who was Petra's manager at the time. This happened during a time when Bob had left charge of the band to John and to my understanding, John did ask Bob about it and Bob told him to do what he felt he needed to do. Bob, therefore, was a only a passive part of it and so I don't suppose there are the same kind of issues between Louie and Bob and that there might be between Louie and John. Reuniting the classic version of Petra was Greg X. Volz idea and he pitched it to the others who were available. Obviously, none of them had any issues about reuniting and playing together again.

I saw the documentary and judging by what I heard Louie say about the Lineups the problem is between Louie and John. I hope that they can work it out like Stryper and Whitecross did.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Petra Schlitt/Weaver   Petra Schlitt/Weaver I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Preacherman777 wrote:

Bob was completely out of Petra at the time. He had retired and sold the name to John. That is why there are "Petra" shows and "Classic Petra" shows.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Preacherman777

PostSubject: Re: Petra Schlitt/Weaver   Petra Schlitt/Weaver I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:57 pm

No, not exactly. John had the touring side of Petra, but never all of Petra. Bob still owns that and always has. The reason they used Classic Petra was to both distinguish it from the Petra that retired and also in order to create an LLC that was owned by all five members of the new/old group.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Petra Schlitt/Weaver   Petra Schlitt/Weaver I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 12:57 am

Now I understand more about the "Petra" and "Classic Petra" shows.

Sometimes I think in Christian bands things go like it goes in the world too.
Members of a band disagree and leave.
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Petra Schlitt/Weaver   Petra Schlitt/Weaver I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 2:14 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Preacherman777 wrote:

Bob was completely out of Petra at the time. He had retired and sold the name to John. That is why there are "Petra" shows and "Classic Petra" shows.

Bob wasnt out of Petra during Jekyl and Hyde. He was out of Petra for No Doubt. Bob did all the guitars both studio and live for Jekyl and Hyde.
Back to top Go down
Preacherman777

PostSubject: Re: Petra Schlitt/Weaver   Petra Schlitt/Weaver I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 9:56 am

Yes, and actually Bob was never completely out of Petra, just the touring side of it, from No Doubt through through Revival. He came back to touring even before Jekyll and Hyde was released, but after Louie was let go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petra Schlitt/Weaver   Petra Schlitt/Weaver I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Petra Schlitt/Weaver
Page 1 of 1