For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

prayers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: prayers   Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:38 pm

sorry, I haven't been over in this neck of the woods lately.... until I have my own prayer needs - typical human nature. Sorry...

1st and foremost, my mom's brother just died 30 minutes ago- he was 59 (too young to die, but pretty much asked for it considering a lifetime of chainsmoking and drinking)... nevertheless, we're pretty sad. He's my mom's youngest sibling so it's even more difficult.

Prayers for my mom and my uncle's daughter (he left behind 1 daughter - she's 26?)

Also, we've been experiencing a dog-hating neighbor the last week, who complained to the Town about their barking. I skype my house everyday while I'm not there and the dogs barking is very minimal, yet they got the Town involved despite every neighbor in the surrounding area having dogs that bark all day long. The complaint was filed at 9AM, which is the time of day when most dogs bark... we keep the dogs in the house all night and are with them all evening and they never bark in those times. We spent the whole weekend building a 6' wood fence to surround the area the dogs run around in. (this should cut down on their visual stimulus). In the process of elimination, the only ones who could've complained are the new people next door as they are the only ones without a dog (and they're a very unfriendly family).

So my prayer is that the fence will help keep it more quiet and I also pray that no one does anything to our little dogs. We love our dogs too much, and if someone did something to them, things would get very ugly.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18277
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: prayers   Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:13 pm

Sorry to hear about your uncle, praying for your mom and cousin.

Aren't neighbors lovely. We have a neighbor how get's down right angry with us over the dumbest stuff (most of it we didn't even do). Yet we never complained about her (even though we could) and have even helped her out repeatedly. Some days I think I would just like to live on about 100 acres of forest and have no neighbors.

Number of posts : 3371
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: prayers   Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:22 am

Praying for you and your family. Sorry to hear about your uncle.

I have a neighbor who called the city about me not mowing my lawn often enough to please him. Needless to say, a nasty phone call later (from me to my landlord) stopped it.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: prayers   Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:53 am

Thanks guys.

Quote :
Some days I think I would just like to live on about 100 acres of forest and have no neighbors.
That's for sure. The funny thing about that is, no matter how far apart neighbors are, you still have the possibility of one being trouble. My brother and his wife live on 5 acres. About the time he came to faith, a drug dealing lady (who was a squatter -she didn't own or pay rent in the place she was staying) moved in and began giving my brother so much trouble with all night parties and screaming obscenities in the middle of the night. He tried to make peace with her and when that didn't work, he called the police several times and that just made her more mean. Told you all that to make a point... she was 10 acres away from their house. that's a pretty good walk ! Yet she was still a neighbor from hell for 4 years until she went to jail.
Quote :

I have a neighbor who called the city about me not mowing my lawn often enough to please him.
Stupid You' ve GOT to be kidding !! What, do you live in one of those special gated communities ??? That's crazy !
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: prayers   Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:03 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Thanks guys.
I have a neighbor who called the city about me not mowing my lawn often enough to please him.
You' ve GOT to be kidding !! What, do you live in one of those special gated communities ??? That's crazy !
[/quote]

Nope. We live on a dead-end and our landlord owns the U-shaped portion at the end. We live on one side of the U, there's an empty house across from us and in the curved portion of the U is a big field. I should add that the neighbor is retired and mowed his lawn 3 times a week all summer...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: prayers   Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:21 pm

It's sad when someone's life is reduced to worrying about the most pointless things in life.

I called the Town last night and let them know all the steps we took to quiet our dogs, even though they're not the ones barking the whole time. I watch them on Skype all day at work and have the volume up so I can hear if they bark or not.
For weeks I've done this, and their daily routine is to SLEEP ! The only time they bark is when a neighbor's dog barks, and it's only for 15 seconds or so. So I really don't get the whole complaint thing.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: prayers   Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:22 pm

I pray for everyone on here and CMR every day.. if you want me to name you specifically I just need to know your name...

but yes, been prayin'...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: prayers   Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:49 pm

The prayers of a righteous man named Unworthy avails much !! Thanks brother.

Name's Jim btw, nice to officially meet you Very Happy

My desire in this is that God receives the glory as He is due. My flesh gets in the way and I get upset at my uncle for smoking and having a horrible diet his whole life - he could have lived longer.

I get upset at the neighbors cuz they didn't even bother talking to me first or leaving a note on our door... they went straight to the Town, so I dislike them now and am paranoid that they'll harm my dogs. I don't want to think that way, I just want God to be glorified in these things and for my flesh to not get in His way.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14729
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: prayers   Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:18 am

A long time ago we had a prayer schedule.
Prayers for the CHM members who wanted to have prayers.
For each day of the week one or more CHM members to pray for.
Maybe we have to start this again?

Sorry Guilty/forgiven for the loss of your uncle.
Not cool when people complain about your beloved pet.
Hope it's solved soon.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

PostSubject: Re: prayers   Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:30 am

well, you must remember that we don't have control over when we die. No matter what choices we make. Now, I wouldn't say that as an excuse not to do our best to live godly and make good choices regarding our health. All I am saying is you can't blame someone for dying or be angry at them for their bad choices. Honestly I don't believe he could have lived longer because he died on the day God ordained for him to die lol ...

As to your neighbors. Man, why get yourself emotionally wrapped up? Your stress is merely adding to the situation. You have done what you can do, leave it up to God to work it out! There are people like that everywhere and honestly I have found that the worse I respond to them (even if it's merely within my spirit and not an outward expression) the more likely the situation will be exacerbated or I will run into people like that elsewhere as well. I have found the best solution for people who "rub me the wrong way" is to allow God to use them to make the change He wants IN ME.

Situations are not about the situations. God will and can change situations in a second. What the situation is really about is YOU and what God is doing with the situation to evoke a change IN YOU.

My suggestion would be to "heap hot coals on their head" (Romans 12:20) lol. I just mean to be as kind as can to them and genuinely show them the love and grace of Christ. I mean can you really be angry after you've been forgiven so great a thing? Can you not extend to them the same grace that has been extended to you so freely? Look for ways to show them God's love. Let God do the work in you to change YOUR heart before you look for Him to remove the difficult situation. Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: prayers   Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:19 pm

You, my friend, are 100% correct. Thank you for that.
I've since forgiven them in my heart and don't feel that animosity towards them anymore.

We've completed 2/3 of our 6' wood fence and today I posted on the fence the following printout from my computer (in the spirit of the Scripture that says to live peacefully if possibly with all men):

"Neighbor Notice:
We apologize for any barking from our dogs
during the day. They are stimulated by
all of the other dogs who are also barking
in the yards surrounding us. We are doing our
best to block the visual stimulus that gets them
barking (our fence will be complete on Sunday).
Our dogs are primarily indoor pets, but have to
have access to the backyard to “relieve themselves.”
We wish to live peacefully with our neighbors as
we’ve been here for 16 years (and dislike barking
dogs as well). We will continue to train them when
we are home, and we also watch them while at work
via surveillance. Our video system also records sound,
so we are aware of when/if they bark.
Again, thanks for your patience until we complete all
we can do to solve this problem.

Jim and Lisa"
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: prayers   Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm

Nice. That sends the right kind of message.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: prayers   Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:36 am

sometimes its so hard to walk in the spirit instead of our first fleshly reactions.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

PostSubject: Re: prayers   Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:26 am

I like the spirit of the message Jim and I'm glad you are working to see what it is that God wants to do in you through the situation. It is never easy to deal with difficult people (I should know as I am one lol) .. however, there were a couple of lines in your message which struck me as a bit of your flesh coming through and I just thought since I'm the nitpicker here that I would bring them to your attention and let you know why I feel that way...

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
as we’ve been here for 16 years

This didn't add anything.. it almost seemed like a piece of an argument to justify your rights, position, etc.. to me it's like telling a coworker who says something about how you're doing something that you've been working there for 16 years...

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Our video system also records sound, so we are aware of when/if they bark.

This, to me, kind of struck me as "we know how much our dogs bark/don't bark already" ...

Again, I understand your frustration and I'm proud for how you are handling it and you're always in my prayers.

God bless.

"the nit picker"
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: prayers   Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:31 pm

You're right. When you're right, you're right.

There was some flesh in those sentences...

The 16 years thing is my flesh saying hey, we've been here 15 years longer than you, as has all the neighbors surrounding you... so shut up Tongue

Definitely wrong.

and the surveillance thing is a clever way of saying "you'd better not poison my dogs cuz I'm watching you"

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: prayers   Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:13 pm

Even without those sentences, or even if they were phrased differently, your point would be made.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: prayers   Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:34 pm

It's just a temp sign as we will be finishing the fence before sunday. The fence will block ALL visual stimuli for the dogs, and I pray that the dogs will ignore the other barking dogs.

There's really no winning in this. I called the Town and they were just satisfied that we're taking steps to do anything... she said most people don't even bother calling, and no one ever takes care of things immediately as we have. so, the Town's happy, I just hope our efforts please the neighbors. Who knows, since the Bible says all things work together for good, this may be an op for being a witness to the neighbors.

I think I'm just paranoid cuz I know two people who've had their dogs poisoned cuz they barked. I would be crushed if something like that happened to our mutts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: prayers   

Back to top Go down

prayers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1