Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Wars 7 in the works!!!

Go down 
+14
MikeInFla
Hardkore
Fundy
Oldiesmann
topshot rhit
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
rockerVu2
ishmael81
Preacherman777
Timshell64
bassdude
unworthy
alldatndensum
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Preacherman777

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:02 pm

I think it would feel very disingenuous to do a sequel with the original actors artificially made younger through technology. I think it would be much better to either use the original actors in a story based later in time with a younger supporting cast or replace the original actors as they did with the most recent Star Trek movie or just come up with a whole new story line dealing with new characters.

On the second option, I was very skeptical when they did this with Star Trek. I am a huge fan of The Original Series and replacing those actors seemed unthinkable to me, but when I saw it, to my surprise, I was mostly ok with it. They did an outstanding job of finding actors to take over the roles of Spock and McCoy and while I think they could have done better with Kirk, Chris Pine was more or less passable, but then how do you replace William Shatner. Not sure anyone could have really filled those shoes. The rest of the cast was at least acceptable and so overall, it worked.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:33 pm

unworthy wrote:
I would so buy a muppet star wars!
You just made me shudder.

Fundy wrote:
Either that or Peter Jackson!
I could deal with James Cameron perhaps.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 8:40 am

Maybe they could talk George Takei into directing the new Star Wars film. LOLOL

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 8:45 am

well, I'll be honest with you... I'm more of a muppets fan than a star wars or star trek fan and would be much more likely to purchase a muppets movie...

in fact, I would venture to say that, in my opinion, a muppets star wars would be 10x better than any movie they could otherwise put together... (unless it was a movie like spaceballs or a comedy version which could have possibilities) ..

they've done Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, and Muppet Wizard of Oz... why not Muppet Star Wars? ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 9:01 am

Seeing that Disney owns both franchises, that would not be hard to do.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Whatever happens, it's gonna be interesting... and I'm going to see it at the cinema and then buy the DVD... no matter how awful it is.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 9:27 am

Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 12120132_1041973019187632_2105846703986571812_o
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 9:28 am

Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 Tfa_poster_wide_header-1536x864-324397389357
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 11:36 am

Nice !
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:01 pm

How come Luke isn't on that poster ?  He isn't the bad guy now is he ? (the one in the hood on the left ?)
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:17 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
How come Luke isn't on that poster ?  He isn't the bad guy now is he ? (the one in the hood on the left ?)
No idea, but I have seen this discussed on other forums and everyone is wondering where Luke is.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 2:40 pm

I bet he is hiding in there somewhere....right next to Waldo!

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 2:58 pm

Maybe he is the "short" Stormtrooper on the left in the photo?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 5:36 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 12:21 pm

New trailer: 

Around 55 seconds into the trailer.... Something to think about and I actually find it disappointing... "Nothing will stand in our way. I will finish what you started" to me answers the question of Luke's whereabouts. Still looks great but I don't like that angle if that is what they are going to do.

Discuss!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 12:24 pm

And another awesome poster going around LOL!

Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 CRnsZ49VAAALf_l
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 2:31 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
New trailer: 

Around 55 seconds into the trailer.... Something to think about and I actually find it disappointing... "Nothing will stand in our way. I will finish what you started" to me answers the question of Luke's whereabouts. Still looks great but I don't like that angle if that is what they are going to do.

Discuss!

Obviously not fact, but this site seems to agree with your theory. "Where's Luke?

Meanwhile, this site argues that is not Luke.

Then again, the next slide on the above site seems to suggest that maybe it is Luke.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 4:48 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
New trailer: 

Discuss!

I've heard that the villain is actually one of the Solo twins.  Luke is almost Yoda-like with his seclusiveness apparently.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 6:56 pm

I personally don't think that Luke is the villian.  I think that he has been in hiding all this time.  I am not sure of the real identity of the new villian inside the mask, but he IS a Skywalker relative.  In one of the previous trailers, you hear Luke saying, "My father has the Force.  I have it.  My sister has it.  And now you have it, too."  Many have wondered if they will try to resurrect Vader simply because of the tense in Luke's statement.  "My Father HAS it."  Since Vader is dead, wouldn't that be past tense?

Had they followed some of the original novels, then you would have had a resurrected Emperor Palpatine who had the ability to give life through the Dark Side.  He was what kept Vader alive--not the suit.  When he was thrown to his death, Vader died.  Later, the Emperor switched bodies or something like that through the Dark Side and came back to life.  He then used his power to reanimate Vader.  I wish they had used that story arc.

Also, since all of the previously done (before Disney) extended universe books are now considered null and void, don't count on seeing the Solo twins.  Everything we thought we knew is now different.

Regardless, I am super jazzed about this and can't wait until December!

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 5:18 am

I wonder if Abrams will blow up Romulus in this movie. (Hey, you never know, he likes to rewrite history and when he blew up Vulcan he made Trek history null and void. I could see him adding something to mix it up but I sure hope he doesn't!).
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 6:28 am

With that, Disney has stated to Abrams that the annoying lens flare technique was not going to get overused here like in Star Trek.  Also, they didn't want to remake Star Wars--they wanted a real continuation.  So, I don't think there will be any revisionist history.

Of course, this could just be nothing, but there are rumors that Hayden Christiansen will possibly return for Episode 8.  Could it be a flashback?  Could it be a Vader resurrection?  Only time will tell.

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 8:57 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
New trailer: 

Discuss!

I've heard that the villain is actually one of the Solo twins.  Luke is almost Yoda-like with his seclusiveness apparently.
Luke appears in the trailer at 1:40 reaching out to touch R2.  The guy in the mask is called Kylo Ren, but that is probably an assumed name rather than a birth name.  He is part of a group called the Knights of Ren.  I don't think much has been released about them, but speculation is they are an order dedicated to reviving the ways of the Old Sith and may even somehow be tied to Revan.

I find it interesting that the defected stormtrooper is fighting Kylo Ren with a blue lightsaber.  Now, somewhere I read/heard that Luke's original lightsaber, the one Obi Wan gave him and the one he lost during the fight with Vader on Bespin, was somehow recovered.  Now, around 1:30 when Han says "the Jedi," the only character on the screen is that dude.  I'm wondering if perhaps he is a Skywalker and that is who Luke is talking to in alldat's quote.

One thing is for certain:  whoever is responsible for the marketing of this movie is a genius!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 9:48 am

Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 Sty9r
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 11:30 am

I'm there!  Opening night!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 2:36 pm

I'm probably going to wait until it has been out a few weeks to so it (I really don't like crowds of people)...but I definitely want to see it on the big screen.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars 7 in the works!!!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next