Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More Stryper News From Blabbermouth...

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
Fundy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

More Stryper News From Blabbermouth... Empty
PostSubject: More Stryper News From Blabbermouth...   More Stryper News From Blabbermouth... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:08 pm

Christian rockers STRYPER will enter the studio in March to begin work on their next all-new original album for a late 2013 release.

In a 2012 interview with Guitar World, STRYPER frontman Michael Sweet stated about the band's plans for the next studio CD: "We're going into this new record with the mentality and thinking of making it like a 'To Hell With The Devil 2'. That's not to say it will actually sound like that album, but we really want it to be as great as 'To Hell With The Devil', which was our biggest album. We want people to put on this record and go; 'Whoa! Wow! This is as good as or better than 'To Hell With The Devil'!' We want the new album to be a powerhouse and we're going to do whatever it takes to make that happen."

Frontiers Records yesterday announced the signing of STRYPER to a multi-album deal. The first CD to be made available the agreement will be a collection of re-recorded versions of the band's classic songs, due in North America on March 26. Entitled "Second Coming" and produced by Michael Sweet, the CD will contain a total of 16 cuts — two from "The Yellow And Black Attack", six from "Soldiers Under Command", six from "To Hell With The Devil", as well as two new tracks, "Bleeding From Inside Out" and "Blackened".

STRYPER's "Live In Indonesia At Java Rockin' Land" DVD was released in October 2012 via MVD Visual. The set was recorded in front of an enthusiastic crowd in 2010.

The band's covers album, "The Covering", was unlike any previous STRYPER recording in that it was a collection of cover songs from bands that inspired them and helped to shape their sound and musical identity, including hits from JUDAS PRIEST, IRON MAIDEN, LED ZEPPELIN, KANSAS and many others. "The Covering" also included "God", a new original recording from STRYPER.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: More Stryper News From Blabbermouth...   More Stryper News From Blabbermouth... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:09 pm

Actually that may not be new news... But hey!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: More Stryper News From Blabbermouth...   More Stryper News From Blabbermouth... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:27 pm

Fundy wrote:
Christian rockers STRYPER will enter the studio in March to begin work on their next all-new original album for a late 2013 release.

I'm willing to bet this won't see the light of day until sometime in 2014.Laughing

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: More Stryper News From Blabbermouth...   More Stryper News From Blabbermouth... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 7:02 pm

Ahhh staybrite where is your faith ha ha
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: More Stryper News From Blabbermouth...   More Stryper News From Blabbermouth... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 7:08 pm

With Stryper, always add a year to their projected release dates.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: More Stryper News From Blabbermouth...   More Stryper News From Blabbermouth... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 2:03 pm

Timshell64 wrote:
Ahhh staybrite where is your faith ha ha

I'll keep my faith in the Lord, and while I love Stryper, but I'll trust them regarding release dates only as far as I can throw them! Smile

Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: More Stryper News From Blabbermouth...   More Stryper News From Blabbermouth... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Ha ha Ok I hear ya Staybrite !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Stryper News From Blabbermouth...   More Stryper News From Blabbermouth... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:46 pm

with all the projects Michael is talking about it seems to me he has to many irons in the fire...between a solo album, 2 stryper albums and the project with T&N plus a solo tour, stryper tour and now hes talking a full tour with lynch....and a book with a book tour. Shocked
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: More Stryper News From Blabbermouth...   More Stryper News From Blabbermouth... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 9:06 am

I bet that the book tour will coincide with dates that he is playing with one of the bands.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: More Stryper News From Blabbermouth...   More Stryper News From Blabbermouth... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 6:16 pm

Michael is going to have a lot of Irons
in the fire. Sure hope he doesn’t burn out. Its great to be busy
but being too busy isn’t healthy either..

I read an interview yesterday and I
cannot remember where it was I think I saved the web page to my
computer. Anyway. It sounds like from what Mike had to say that the
re-record is going to sound way better than the originals. The
interviewer was sent an advance copy and he said that he doesn’t
even care to listen to the originals anymore that these new versions
are excellent. They both stated that production wise its excellent.
Each persons instrument can be clearly heard.

Will be looking forward to hearing this
CD but I will have to wait. Theres no room in my family's budget for
any extra spending for some time to come...I'm on disability and so
is my wife and we are raising a special needs child so the budget is
tight.

Even thou I've been slightly critical
of some of the things Mike has said and done in recent years. I have
seen many interviews on video of him alone, him with oz and with the
band as a whole and support what they have to say and what they are
doing.

I have a special place in my heart for
Stryper. In 1993 I met my wife. I was going through an extremely
difficult time in my life. I had been going through years of sexual,
physical, emotional and mental abuse from my alcoholic parents. I was
also molested by a female cousin while she baby sat me years ago and
I was also sexually harassed and abused by peers at school. So by the
time I met my wife I was dealing with PTSD and other psychological
problems. After I met my wife I had to go through 3 inpatient stays
in a hospital and 3 stays in a day treatment program. One day I was
visiting my wife and saw the cd case of THWTD. I said who are they. She said they are a Christain heavy metal band. I said Christain heavy metal I didnt think that existed. She said yeah it does. She got the cd for honestly. She said push play and listen..She knew I liked Rock/Hard Rock and Metal. So I pushed play and the first Christain song I heard was THWTD. I said this is so awesome. I thought that I would have to give up the music that I was listening to when I got saved I found out that day that God provided an alternative. Later came Petra then Whitecross Smile

Sorry for being so long winded..Felt the need to share..
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: More Stryper News From Blabbermouth...   More Stryper News From Blabbermouth... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:00 am

Hey Rich, When the stryper cd comes out you let me know and give me your address. This one will be on me. That is is the least that I can do to help a brother out. I also remember the first time I was blown away by christian metal.
So I want to bless you with it.
Tim
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: More Stryper News From Blabbermouth...   More Stryper News From Blabbermouth... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 2:36 pm

I'm not interested in a CD with old Stryper songs.
The new songs on this album I can download.
I think their voices sound a bit older after the many years they have recorded the song on this album.

What makes me really Very Happy is a new studio album in vein of To Hell With The Devil.

I have faith for this new Stryper album.
Back to top Go down
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: More Stryper News From Blabbermouth...   More Stryper News From Blabbermouth... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 6:24 pm

Timshell64 wrote:
Hey Rich, When the stryper cd comes out you let me know and give me your address. This one will be on me. That is is the least that I can do to help a brother out. I also remember the first time I was blown away by christian metal.
So I want to bless you with it.
Tim

Thank you brother. Thats kind of you. Looking forward to it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Stryper News From Blabbermouth...   More Stryper News From Blabbermouth... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 6:33 pm

I listened to some samples of the upcoming album and thought it sounded fantastic...definitly heavier and Michael can still hit the notes.. Very Happy The new tracks have a real THWTD era vibe to them...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Stryper News From Blabbermouth...   More Stryper News From Blabbermouth... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Stryper News From Blabbermouth...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: