For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Performance Appraisal Meeting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Performance Appraisal Meeting   Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:39 pm

I know that others here have more pressing and important issues at hand but would also please like both some words of insight and prayer in regards to this matter.

Last week I had my annual performance appraisal meeting with my manager, which did not go as well as expected. What I find odd is that there was NO disagreement between the two of us in regards to my performance for 2012; by and large the appraisal was a positive one and in no way came as a surprise.

I do not wish to go into too many details here, but my manager did not act professionally during the meeting to discuss the appraisal. My concern actually revolves around the manner in which the appraisal was presented (and not the appraisal itself).

So tomorrow morning I plan to send a follow up e-mail to my manager requesting that we meet to discuss the matter further. But because of the unprofessional behavior from her, I am considering copying her boss into the e-mail as well. Or perhaps I should not but instead send the e-mail directly to my manager and if any follow meeting does not work out then get her boss involved? What does everyone think?

It is issues like this that drive me nuts, and make me strive towards dealing with the artists that I review in an honest, forthright and professional manner.

Any thoughts and prayers (particularly that I remain calm) are appreciated ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18213
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Performance Appraisal Meeting   Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:11 pm

Oh man that doesn't sound good at all. I hesitate to give you any kind of advice on this because it could go either way. Praying that she was just having a bad day during your last meeting and that things will go much better the next time you meet.

Number of posts : 14671
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Performance Appraisal Meeting   Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm

That's what I pray to for this situation.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18174
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Performance Appraisal Meeting   Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:48 pm

I would not go to your supervisor's superior until after the 2nd meeting. However, save any messages that you send to her via e-mail so that you can show them if you need them. If this next meeting doesn't end with a more amicable ending, then bringing in her boss would be the next stage. Give her the change to correct things first before you go over her head as that will just hurt your working relationship with this lady.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Performance Appraisal Meeting   Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:03 pm

Just want to thank everyone for the sound advise. I followed Chris' suggestion and talked with my boss one on one, and it turns out to be one of those bad-days-super-busy-not-enough-time-caught-at-the-wrong moment type things. So everything went well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18174
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Performance Appraisal Meeting   Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Glad it all worked out!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14671
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Performance Appraisal Meeting   Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:01 am

Glad to hear it all worked out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Performance Appraisal Meeting   

Back to top Go down

Performance Appraisal Meeting