Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Media Players

Go down 
+8
topshot rhit
Staybrite
Driven
unworthy
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
Dynamis
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Media Players Empty
PostSubject: Media Players   Media Players I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 11:13 pm

What are some of the better media players out there and why? What are some of the media players that you use and what has been your experience?

The reason I ask is that I use an older out of date version of Windows Media Player and need to upgrade. But before I do upgrade I was wondering if there are better options available.

Thanks,

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Media Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Players   Media Players I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 8:50 am

Most of the time I just use my Zune's software. It does the job.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Media Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Players   Media Players I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:08 am

For years I used REAL player and was pleased with it, then it started to give me trouble. So I switched to iTunes since I have to use it with my iPhone. I use iTunes most of the time since I have my massive collection in Playlists there... however, after about a year of using iTunes, they changed the software and I hate the new format. So for the last few weeks I've been using WMP and am actually quite pleased with it's functions at this time.

Ask me again later this year and I'm sure I'll be using something different. One of these days, I'm gonna design my own media player and make it available as freeware. (I'll have customizable skins with Christian metal themes Media Players 158100 )
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Media Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Players   Media Players I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:19 am

I have used more than one online media player.
To listen to music I use Windows Media Player.

When I listen to online music stations or shows I use VCL media player.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Media Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Players   Media Players I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 12:27 pm

I use WINAMP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Media Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Players   Media Players I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 12:39 pm

I use iTunes, because I've always had Apple stuff as media players. Works well for what I need, but converting from M4A/AAC to MP3 can be a pain if you want to share files with a non-Mac person.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Media Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Players   Media Players I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 1:41 pm

I use WMP and have for years. I've had trouble with Realplayer in the past and refuse to use it. Can't stand the I-tunes player either. I have Winamp for my phone, but IMO it's not as good as plain old WMP.

The only thing I would like to get WMP to do is adjust the volume levels of my music. I will put on a playlist of songs/albums and the older stuff is so much more quiet then the new recordings.

Number of posts : 3874

Media Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Players   Media Players I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 6:31 pm

I have used Foobar2000 for many years since Winamp went down hill after 2.95. I first found it because I needed something that would crossfade for my radio show. It also supports replaygain (normalize volume between songs without changing source). It's the recommended player at hydrogenaudio.org, which is for audiophile enthusiasts. That's where I found out about it.

It's open source with a very active community. Highly configurable. Plays just about anything (may need to d/l extra components in some cases). Low resource usage.

I absolutely detest WMP. Smile

Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Media Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Players   Media Players I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 7:45 am

Hey Staybrite there is a auto volume leveling option on Windows media player! It will set stuff so there is not a big difference when songs change.
Back to top Go down

Media Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Players   Media Players I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 6:44 pm

I love the new windows media player that came on my new computer. (I like windows 8 also)
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Media Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Players   Media Players I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:02 pm

I usually use WMP, but my problem is it always hangs when I start it up. I don't know if it is the size of my collection or what, but every time I start it and click something to play it hangs for several minutes. Anyone else have that problem?
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Media Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Players   Media Players I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 6:06 pm

I mostly use either iTunes or Winamp depending on what I'm listening to.
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262

Media Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Players   Media Players I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Hmm Depends.

for music I use MediaMonkey

for Videos I use Zoom Player.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

Media Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Players   Media Players I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:55 am

Tell me more about Zoom Player, Ahlitah. Can you use it for things to replace Flash? Adobe is such a stinking resource hog--especially with YouTube video. Can Zoom Player view YouTube without Adobe being installed?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262

Media Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Players   Media Players I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 9:40 am

alldat,

well what do you want to know?

It plays all my videos fine.

you don't need to install any codec paks, as it will install the necessary ones when you first install and maintain them, notifying you of updates and asking if you want to install them or not.

It can play flash video, but it won't stream youtube since youtube won't allow it to. they actively discourage developers from doing it.

What I do is download youtube videos (via browser plug-in) then play in zoom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Media Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Players   Media Players I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Media Players
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: