Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alvin Lee

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Alvin Lee Empty
PostSubject: Alvin Lee   Alvin Lee I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:46 am

(From Mylon's FB):
In Honor Of Alvin Lee

My prayers and condolences to Jasmin, Evi, Suzanne and everybody who loved Alvin. Everybody knows he was a great musician and guitarist but he was a lot more than that to me. He was my brother and friend from the first time I met him in 1970. He was a good man with a good heart. He was an honest, creative, intelligent man. As far as I know, he did everything he ever told me he would do. He never lied to me one time in 43 years! He was generous, kind and loyal to our friendship. He had a great sense of humor. He was a Rock Superstar and I was just a country boy from Georgia, with a bunch of dreams. But from the beginning he treated me like an equal. We met when my band opened for TYA on one of their first American Tours after Woodstock. At first we just hung out after the gigs, got loaded and jammed. Eventually we started to write some songs together. After one of the five tours we did together we decided while on vacation in Jamaica to lay down some tracks and see where it led us. That was the beginning of "On the Road to Freedom". I learned to love him like a brother and I will truly miss him. It was an honor to be his friend.

God bless you all,
Mylon Le Fevre

Alvin Lee Alvin_10
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Alvin Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alvin Lee   Alvin Lee I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:11 pm

It's sad we are starting to loose all of those 70's (and even some of the 80's) musicians. (just lots Dana Key a little while back).

It's it just me or is that picture reversed? The text on that button is backwards (or maybe it's supposed to be)

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Alvin Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alvin Lee   Alvin Lee I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 9:29 pm

yeah.. it's reversed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Alvin Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alvin Lee   Alvin Lee I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 1:18 am

Quote :
It's it just me or is that picture reversed? The text on that button is backwards (or maybe it's supposed to be)

I thought the same, but notice their shirt buttons - they are in the correct direction for men's shirts.
So I kinda think his button was intentionally backwards. I could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Alvin Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alvin Lee   Alvin Lee I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 1:25 am

K, I flipped it with Paintshop.... it does look more correct this way... what do you think ??
Alvin Lee Alvin_11

Which prompts the question, why would someone reverse the picture in the first place ? weird !
Back to top Go down

Alvin Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alvin Lee   Alvin Lee I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:48 pm

I like Alvin Lee and have some of his music. He was a great guitarist. I didn't care much for the album he did with Mylon Le Fevre but I don't care for Mylon to begin with....
RIP Alvin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alvin Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alvin Lee   Alvin Lee I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alvin Lee
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: