Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Remember Big Dismal,Well.........

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Remember Big Dismal,Well......... Empty
PostSubject: Remember Big Dismal,Well.........   Remember Big Dismal,Well......... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:33 pm

They were a band signed to Wind-up records and had a hit song called "i remember" as well as 2 songs on the passion of the christ soundtrack. Well they split up and thier vocalist Eric Durrance is back. He is a christian as well. Now I warn you don't be expecting rock or another Big Dismal but something must truly be wrong with me as I really like his new stuff. Hre is the link. I must say the song "I lost it all" is very touching and moving.

http://www.myspace.com/ericdurrance

Incidently, the guitarist from Big Dismal, Chuck Shea, I believe is the 2nd gutarist now for Seventh Day Slumber as I know he played and co-wrote on thier fine album "finally awake"
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Remember Big Dismal,Well.........   Remember Big Dismal,Well......... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 6:23 pm

I Lost It All is definitely a very touching song. I often wonder how some of these guys you see holding the various signs reading "Help, Need Food" or Help, Hungry And Stranded etc." at intersections landed in the boat they did. I know some are bogus but some probably have a similar story to this song also. I'm one of those strange metalheads that actually likes a little country every once in a while. Probably something to due with my wife having always been a huge country music fan.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Remember Big Dismal,Well.........   Remember Big Dismal,Well......... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 9:26 pm

Well, seeing as how the music Big Dismal played followed trend at the time. It doesn't surpirse me at all to hear he is playing alt/country. It's done well, but not really my cup of tea.

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Remember Big Dismal,Well.........   Remember Big Dismal,Well......... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 11:03 pm

I admit I'm as metal as the next person but I really like this. I used to not be able to stand country and still can't,however in the last year I discovered Smalltown (feat ex members of the Brave), Eric Durrance and LoneStar. Now LoneStar has a song on thier Mountains CD called "Hey God" that ranks right up thier with mainstream songs with a powerful message, It is all about thanking God for everything in your life that he has given you. This is about as far as I will go thou with country. As Stryper once sang "You Can't Stop the Rock" so bring on the rock.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Remember Big Dismal,Well.........   Remember Big Dismal,Well......... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 5:36 am

Quote :
I'm one of those strange metalheads that actually likes a little country every once in a while. Probably something to due with my wife having always been a huge country music fan.

I think you're going soft there, bro.! lol!

As for me, I was force fed country music all of my childhood years. My wife even liked it when we first got together. But, I managed to cast that demon out of her. I might like some pop nowadays, but I am NOT ready for country. I will leave that for my dad & brother.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Remember Big Dismal,Well.........   Remember Big Dismal,Well......... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 8:44 am

To be honest Eric Durrence is not my cup of tea.

I often wonder that we like Christian hard music while our spouses have a complete different music tastes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember Big Dismal,Well.........   Remember Big Dismal,Well......... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember Big Dismal,Well.........
Page 1 of 1