Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I've discovered that...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

I've discovered that... Empty
PostSubject: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:01 pm

As I've been searching hundreds of music sites across the interweb and I cannot figure out HOW to search for the metal/rock that we like. For example, when i punch in "Christian Rock", I consistently get stuff like Big Tent Revival, PFR, Audio Adrenaline, etc.
However, when I punch in "Christian Metal", I consistently get stuff like As I Lay Dying, Underoath, Norma Jean, Demon Hunter, War of Ages.... you get the picture.
What I'm getting at is, what does Barren Cross, Crystavox, Deliverance, Guardian, etc fall under ?? I call it Christian metal, but apparently it falls under another title.
If I want to find any of these 80s/90s metal bands, I have to search them by name. But if I do a genre search on most sites, I get all the extreme metal of today. (makes me miss radrockers)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:11 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

If I want to find any of these 80s/90s metal bands, I have to search them by name. But if I do a genre search on most sites, I get all the extreme metal of today. (makes me miss radrockers)

Makes it tough doesn't it. That's why I love CHM everyone here loves to share new bands they have discovered. BTW have you dug through the Band Links thread? RockerVu2 does a fantastic job of keeping it up. Sometimes I have discovered other bands by info on another band's website (especially posts about who they are touring with...etc.).

http://www.christianhardmusic.com/t29-band-links

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:35 pm

I checked it out long ago much to my loss - Cuz I should spend more time over there. Really is cool and informative.
Maybe when all my many projects are complete (haha) I could start a thread where I go to all these bands sites and copy their touring schedules and post them - keeping them current. That would be cool.
But on the subject at hand, one example is searching Christian music on ebay. There may be, say, a Bloodgood, but if you search Christian Rock or Metal it won't be there... you'd have to search "Bloodgood" and then it would appear. That seems to be the case on most sites. The ones we like are there, you just can't find them by any genres.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Christian AOR?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:59 pm

hmmmmm...... I'll give it a try, though I don't think Bloodgood would be considered AOR ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 5:38 pm

Samson wrote:
Christian AOR?

I'm guessing you will get one hit for the band "Sweet Crystal" and that's it lol!

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 6:12 pm

Laughing maybe even Sweet Comfort Band.... hmmm maybe not....
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 6:17 pm

All joking aside I typed it into google and got a link for this video. Never heard of this band. scratch

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:55 am

I have. I've got 2 albums by Solid Rock - good stuff !
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 5:40 pm

You have got to share those!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:01 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
You have got to share those!

Well he doesn't "have to", but if they are OOP it sure would be nice. Laughing

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:19 pm

.. and what's in it for me... Twisted Evil
JK, I already have everything... pretty much.
Gimme some time to upload those - been ridiculously busy these last 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:59 pm

One of their members passed away a couple of years ago. From the comments section of that youtube video:

Bass player Kevin Bartel very sadly passed after a lengthy battle with cancer on 10/22/11
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:01 am

Solid Rock sounds very good.

Quote :
Well he doesn't "have to", but if they are OOP it sure would be nice.

That really would be very nice.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:21 am

K, here's the Interdesign album:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ha39fgj99ylfkke/Solid_Rock_-Interdesign_%5B1983%5D.rar
When I get another chance, I'll upload the Reel To Real album.
(And yes, they are very OOP, in fact these are from vinyl as there are no cds of these that I know of)
ENJOY !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:49 am

Cool beans!

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:41 am

Downloading this album is not working for me.
Have to try it later again.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Finally downloading the Solid Rock stuff.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:57 pm

Will upload the 2nd album when I have time to breathe. Life's been SO busy since my daughter's moved back from college.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:48 am

I have a question about uploading the Rock Solid album.
Do you have to register to get the download?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:56 am

I don't think so... but I've never used the program in another country - sometimes they don't work in other countries.
When I get some time, I'll see about uploading the file to my website.. then you can just download it directly from my site. (I have the time to start it, but it takes like an hour just to upload - and if I do it at work, it robs bandwidth and other employees notice their internet moving slower) - maybe I'll upload it when I go to bed and let it load while I sleep.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:03 am

After trying to download the Rock Solid zipfile I can listen now .
Yippee.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:12 pm

Here's a link to the Real to Reel album:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2s1m80ygvp8tmq0/Solid+Rock+-+Real+2+Reel.zip
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:11 am

Cool!

PostSubject: Re: I've discovered that...   I've discovered that... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've discovered that...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: