For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Just some of my writing...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Just some of my writing...   Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm

The Physical Component of Faith -
I recently had a conversation with a hurting and damaged brother-in-Christ. His marriage had failed him. His wife had betrayed him, leaving him with many burdens, not the least of which was the pain of what she'd done.
As I listened, I sympathized. I understand all too well the pangs of rejection and loneliness. I understand failure and disappointment. Sometimes it really does seem like for every step I take forward, I'm knocked back three.
I recognized myself in his angry, frustrated words. Where was God in my pain? He could have stopped things from going wrong! He could have brought a different outcome! If nothing else, He could reach down and take away my hurt! Why didnt God intervene for me??
This was my friend's frame of mind. He was hurting and he didnt want a sermon. He didnt want to hear about the goodness of God because he wasnt feeling it, lately. He'd walked for many years with God and in his most dire time of need, he didnt feel God was there for him.
The most immediate response to this pain for most Believers would be of the story of Job (and I did mention that this was his Job moment). Job was tried and tested, had everything he'd worked and trusted God for stripped away, but still he praised God.
My friend wasnt feeling very Job-like and he didnt want to hear, "I'll pray for you." What I told him was of my own experiences with pain and disappointment and how I ultimately broke free from it: I CHOSE to believe.
After being broken down to where I had nothing BUT God (my own Job-moment), I CHOSE to praise and worship. I got in a place where I could hear God and He spoke. I CHOSE to love and trust Him more than anything that could hurt me.
My friend's response to this was to ask, "Isnt that flesh? If you choose to not hurt and to just trust, isnt that your flesh and not God working in you?"
Interesting question. The interesting answer is: yes and no.
Yes, I CHOSE to not hurt. I spoke out in the physical against the pain. I declared in my waking mind that I would not be defeated by the world. I WANTED to believe that God is all He has said He is in that Bible and everything He has promised to His children (which includes me) will be.
No, I would not have the emotional strength to act, were it not for that seed of faith that the Spirit of God has placed in me.
While I do the physical 'watering,' by reading the Word, participating in praise and worship, prayer and meditation, the faith was put there by our Father.
Every act of faith begins with a physical component. In Matthew 14:28, Peter saw Jesus walking to them on the water and called out to him, "If it's you, tell me to come to you and I'll walk on the water, too."
Jesus told him to come and Peter PHYSICALLY crawled out of the boat. Jesus didnt have to go over and pull him out. Peter CHOSE to believe. He CHOSE to move out of the boat and to place his feet on the water.
It was only when he dropped his focus from Jesus and put it on the storm that he began to sink.
This is the same choice so many of us, even as Believers, are faced with daily. Do we crawl out of that boat or do we stay 'safe' on the inside? Do we cling to pain because at least we know what we've got or do we trust the love of Jesus to sustain us in the storm?
Never forget, dear ones, 'faith' is a verb.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18181
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Great stuff Sue (not what happened to your friend, but your writing).

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Great stuff Sue (not what happened to your friend, but your writing).

Thank you.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Amazing Grace, Indeed
I am a true grace Believer. I teach grace. I expound grace. I owe my life to grace. Grace and faith go hand-in-hand. It is grace that makes relationship with King Jesus possible.
I’ve heard a lot of well-meaning, but misguided speech against “easy grace” and those who preach it. Too many feel that to celebrate grace is somehow akin to a Get Out of Jail Free card or an excuse to sin at will and disregard the price paid on the cross.
This is a distinct mischaracterization of those who celebrate grace.
Let’s begin with this truth: There was nothing “easy” about the grace we, as Believers, received. Jesus paid a heavy ransom for our souls. The Bible states that so great was the stress on him that he sweat drops of blood while praying in the garden. He knew what he had to do. He knew what was coming and he prepared himself, but the toll was as emotionally taxing as it was physically damaging. This wonderful savior of ours suffered like no other had suffered before or has suffered since, all so that Father God’s unmerited favor could rest with those who chose to follow and accept.
I also see a lot of Believers running back to the old ways, clinging to the law, wishing to be “Old Testament Believers,” whether because they want to cover all their bases or because deep down, they still don’t fully grasp the all-consuming power of grace. They know grace is a good thing, but is it really enough?
Perhaps the first “grace” preacher was the Apostle Paul. He didn’t discount the law. The law is a good thing, in that it’s right for instruction. It’s the most basic rules of living a good life. However, not one person was ever saved by the law. In fact, when Moses brought the law down to the people, 3000 died.
Paul summed up law vs. grace this way:
“For it is by free grace (God’s unmerited favor) that you are saved ([a]delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ’s salvation) through [your] faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [of your own doing, it came not through your own striving], but it is the gift of God;
9 Not because of works [not the fulfillment of the Law’s demands], lest any man should boast. [It is not the result of what anyone can possibly do, so no one can pride himself in it or take glory to himself.]” Ephesians 2:8-9 AMP
Embracing grace and celebrating this life we’ve been given should compel us to live a life that is compliant with the law, but if we stumble, what the law couldn’t do (save us), grace does.
A fuller realization of grace, an appreciation and celebration brings us into the glory of worship. “Those who have been forgiven much, love much,” in the words of our Savior, Jesus [Luke 7].
Faith + Grace = Relationship
We have been given grace, not in tiny rations, but in abundance, as it is God’s way to give in abundance. That He sent His son to die for us is proof of this very thing. Bulls and lambs weren’t good enough, so He sent the best He had and He did it for us. He did it that we might know Him fully. He sent us grace.
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:17 pm

“I hurt,” he said. “I’m not as strong as you!”
I smiled. It wasn’t a smile of triumph. I’d won no competition.
It wasn’t a smile of pride, either.
Few Believers come to the table of God’s amazing grace without battle scars. We’re bound to a fallen, corrupt world. These fleshly bodies are vulnerable. Even the most seasoned Christians can find themselves in a position of trying to reconcile what our hearts know with what our minds perceive.
I have my own scars. My peace did not come without great trials. I’ve had moments where the emotional anguish was such that I screamed out my pain. I challenged God: Take this life or take this pain, but don’t leave me here!
I felt He didn’t care. He wasn’t listening to me, but He was and He did.
No, when I smiled at my friend’s comment, it wasn’t a smile of self-congratulations. I smiled because the love of Jesus covers many scars. I smiled because I have a Heavenly Father who was not moved by my outbursts. He saw in me what I couldn’t see in myself. Like a patient, loving, Daddy God, He looked at me with love, not frustration… and He waited.
We have choices. That’s the beauty of free will. We’re not compelled to come to God, nor are we forced to maintain this walk.
My own options were two. I could 1) throw my hands up and give up on the whole ‘God thing,’ declaring it a sham and going back to the life I was living before. In that life, I had a shiny, pretty exterior, but when I looked in the mirror, the anger and darkness that was with me wherever I went just showed me “ugly.” I was a bitter, sad shadow.
Or 2) I could choose to press in and believe. I could get in the Word and trust that God is everything that Bible says He is. I am all that Bible says I am in Christ and this suffering was just a season of testing.
Romans 12:12 declares, “Be rejoicing in your hope. Bare your afflictions bravely. Be persistent in your prayer.” AENT
James 1:12 further says, “Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.” NIV
Option 1 was far too dire for me to consider, so I pressed in. I believed. I waited for my Father to speak and He did.
He has been faithful to ease my suffering. My faith grows and my Father is shaping my path daily.
I’m not strong, but He who is in me is. I don’t have all the answers, but through God’s Holy Spirit living in me, I know all things.
If you’re hurting or in pain, your life has gotten off track… call on the name of the Lord and let Him do what He does.
Pour out your pain. Empty your well of disappointment and heartache on the altar of God’s love and leave it there. He won’t be angry with you. He won’t turn away from you. He has not left you, nor will He forsake you. Once you’ve done this… press in and believe. Watch our Father do miracles.

Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Beware False Teachings and Vain Deceptions
As the days grow short and the return of our Savior looms imminent, expect to hear from many modern day prophets and teachers of the Word. No doubt, you’ve already ran into your share.
“‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.” Acts 2:17 NKJV
Father God is bringing His message forth to the people through the office of prophets and teachers. We should rejoice in knowing that even in this rushed and hurried modern life, God still speaks. While nothing is greater than getting alone with the Father and meditating on His word and hearing Him for yourself, He’s proven willing to use others as comforters and advisors.
What is the difference between a prophet and a teacher?
A prophet, or ‘seer’ speaks of the things of God that aren’t seen or readily apparent in the natural world. They speak by godly inspiration, in the Spirit, concerning the lives of Believers.
Their words are meant to be encouragement and to bring clarity, bubbling forth from God’s wellspring of love for His children. If the word given causes more confusion, rather than bringing peace, it’s probably not a true word from God.
If it doesn’t speak to the Believer’s current status or doesn’t come to pass, you’ve also likely come under a false prophet.
Teachers are gifted with the ability to discern God’s Word and give wise instruction, based on the Word. The teachings should be plain-spoken and understandable.
If a teacher of the Word speaks in riddles or in a way that is difficult for Believers to grasp, who benefits? If not the Believer, then the teacher is speaking for their own benefit and glory, rather than teaching from a place of godly love and instruction.
With both the prophet and the teacher [or any of the other offices], their words should come from a place of godly love and should line up with what the Bible teaches.
In fact, both prophets and teachers should use the scriptures to back up their words and should encourage others to check the Bible for confirmation of what they’ve said. If their words and teachings are correct, they’ll have no problem with that.
Anyone who claims the office of a prophet, teacher, minister, etc… yet, neglects to back up their words with appropriate scripture is false.
We’re told to test the spirits, or ‘double check’ against God’s Word, in order to protect ourselves from falling in with false or lying spirits.
If anyone mixes philosophies, cherry picking from this fad and that theology and tries to pass it off as authentic Christianity, while avoiding the Word, red flags should go up in your spirit!
“Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.” Colossians 2:8 NLT
True teachings and true prophecy are given in clarity and godly love. They are provable and sound, edifying to the Body and glorifying to our Heavenly Father.

Accept no substitutes.

EDIT: ADDITION*
I want to further add, there are many who [falsely] come in the name of the Lord and use fiery, emotional speech to inflame the passions of those Believers who hear them. Like the Pharisees in the temple, they seek the praise of men, rather than the true will of God to be done. They often have no firm base in the Word and if they ever did, they abandoned it for their own glory. They target those Believers who are weak or are hurting and their ardent professions of Christ fill the immediate need, but ultimately leaves the spirit void. 2 Timothy 4:3-4 warns us: "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths." Do not let emotion and passionate speech alone sway you. Get in the Word, know the Word and test everything against the Word, so that in the proper time you will be able to discern false teachers from those truly anointed by God.

Last edited by Just_Sue on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:57 pm

Just_Sue wrote:

If anyone mixes philosophies, cherry picking from this fad and that theology and tries to pass it off as authentic Christianity, while avoiding the Word, red flags should go up in your spirit!

That seems to be so prominent in our area of Western Washington State. I have heard them called "Cafeteria Christians" they just pick and chose what feels good to them mesh it together and still try to call it Christianity. It drives me nuts, I wish they would just call themselves a god (or call their religion something different) and not besmirch Christianity with their false religion.

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Just_Sue wrote:

That seems to be so prominent in our area of Western Washington State.  I have heard them called "Cafeteria Christians" they just pick and chose what feels good to them mesh it together and still try to call it Christianity.  It drives me nuts, I wish they would just call themselves a god (or call their religion something different) and not besmirch Christianity with their false religion.
I understand.
That latest writing was inspired by someone claiming to be a minister, who talks about astral projecting, being overtaken by demons, the illuminati, all sorts of random, flighty things,yet, never uses scripture to back up anything [because she cant].
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:13 am

Very frustrating talking to people like that.

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:58 pm

When I rise and greet the day - God is still on His throne.
Whether I'm having a good day or a bad - God is still on His throne.
When friends seem few and far between - God is still on His throne.
When my bank account is low and so are my spirits - God is still on His throne.
When I feel battered and bruised by the world, tossed on tumultuous seas - God is still on His throne.
And He sees me. He always sees me. In the quiet places of my heart, He whispers by His Holy Spirit, "Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." [Isaiah 41 NLT]
I rejoice - God is still on His throne.
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:06 pm

World Upside Down:
Over the last couple of days (and frankly, a lot longer than that), we’ve seen the ungodly in America triumphed. Things that 50 years ago, our parents and grandparents would have thought were ridiculous, if we even brought up the notion, today are issues of hot discussion.
The Bible spoke clearly about the coming time of lawlessness and disregard for God’s word in our streets. It’s not to say that we shouldn’t be grieved, but we shouldn’t be surprised, either.
“And because of the abundance of evil, the love of many will grow cold.” Matthew 24:12 AENT
What should our response be, as Christians, to a society that has seemingly abandoned God’s Word and shunned His grace? Are we losing the battle to the world? If you watch the news, it would seem that answer is “yes.”
I’ve seen Believers gather up the forces and take to the streets to protest against the ungodly. They carry signs that profess their opposition to the sin-of-the-day, they march and they publically pray.
While I fully support Christians speaking boldly about their faith (myself being one of those outspoken daughters of the Most High God), many who claim the name of Christ falsely have gone out in the world, as well. Those who are in the world and know no different, can’t distinguish one sign-waver from another. The message is often lost.
This is our fallen world and the ungodly invite God’s wrath and judgment. They turn from godly counsel and instruction and celebrate every sinful strike against morality and the Christian faith. Sadly, even some who have become adept at “playing church” on Sundays revel in the vile muck with the sinful, Monday through Saturday, having turned away from God. Their actions and associations prove far more than mouths that speak of faith, but hearts and flesh that prove otherwise. These are the false Brothers and Sisters who see union with the world as more preferable to denying the sinful flesh nature and standing with God. They want to be “liked” by the world, even at the expense of their souls.
“I said to the arrogant and boastful, Deal not arrogantly [do not boast]; and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn [of personal aggrandizement]. Lift not up your [aggressive] horn on high, speak not with a stiff neck and insolent arrogance. For not from the east nor from the west nor from the south come promotion and lifting up. But God is the Judge! He puts down one and lifts up another. For in the hand of the Lord there is a cup [of His wrath], and the wine foams and is red, well mixed; and He pours out from it, and all the wicked of the earth must drain it and drink its dregs.” Psalm 75:4-8 AMP
While the sinful celebrate their “victories,” as Believers, we must realize this is no victory. Any victory of the ungodly in this world is no victory because these are souls in danger of being lost. God’s repayment of wrongs against He and His righteous ones will come. Evil will be repaid.
In the meantime, we, as Believers, grieved and stressed by the sin in our temporary home, must maintain our righteousness. We must press into our faith and walk all the more confidently, not denying the sin around us, but reacting in the charge of love that has been left to us by our savior, Jesus.
“A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth. Then they will come to their senses and escape from the devil’s trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants.” 2 Timothy 2:24-26 NLT
Many have been given over to the enemy and many will not turn from their evilness. For this, Believers must mourn, because a soul lost… even one… is out of line with what the Father desires.
What He desires is for us to rely on Him and react in love. He wants us to step out and truly be the hands and feet of His church. If we want to affect change in our world, we must become His love in action.
“if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV

We press in with fervent prayer through the madness, joyful praise through the tears and honest love in the face of opposition. In this, we please the Father and we’ll see God’s hand move.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14637
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:38 pm

I love the words you've written about whatever is going to happen, God still is on His throne.
 Isaiah 41.
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:27 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I love the words you've written about whatever is going to happen, God still is on His throne.
 Isaiah 41.

Yup. It was a necessary writing, at the time. That's something that I just wrote on the spur of the moment. I guess I needed to hear it and the Spirit spoke.
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:12 pm

“Who, once having tasted the goodness of God, would turn back to their former way?”
So, today I asked Abba God for nothing but to love Him more. It’s good to do that, sometimes. I asked to be used as He has intended for me to be used from before I was knit in my mother’s womb. I asked for strong ankles and sure footing to walk out the path He had laid out for me and to put that sword of discernment and knowledge of the Word in my hands. I then asked that my sphere of influence be broadened in a way that what teaching He gave me through His Holy Spirit, come to the right people in the right time.
After morning prayers, I usually go into a time of meditation. During that time, the Spirit of God whispered the line above that started this writing.
“Who, once having tasted the goodness of God, would turn back to their former way?”
I immediately thought of  Psalm 34:8 “Taste and see that the Lord is good;  blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” [NIV]
I love that verse and it’s a beautiful directive to God’s people to fully enjoy our union with our Father. After further consideration, however, I don’t believe it is where the Holy Spirit was leading me.
I think closest to what the Spirit was leading me to is found in 2 Peter 2:21-22.
“It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. 22 Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,”[a] and, “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.” [NIV]
I know the life I came out of. I remember very well the desolate loneliness that is separation from Father God. While I had many things in my life to keep me busy and I had many vices, none of them kept me truly happy. I always knew something was missing.
To paraphrase something I once heard: “In every heart without God, there’s a God-shaped hole, waiting to be filled.” It’s just how we’re wired. We came from God, each and every one of us, so it only makes sense that our beings long to return to our source.
From the beginning, we were never meant to wallow in filth and sin. This world, while originally intended to be a paradise for God’s beloved, was corrupted by the fall of mankind in the Garden of Eden. Sin was introduced and every vile and contemptible thing was released into the world. That is why we have heartache. That is why people lie, strike out in acts of violence, steal, fall sick, become addicted to drugs or alcohol… None of this was God’s intent.
In His loving plan for redemption, God made a way. He stepped down among us, in the flesh of His son, Jesus, to provide escape from lives that were rife with pain and chaos. He made a way to bring us back to our original purpose: communion with Him.
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will [a]ease and relieve and [b]refresh [c]your souls.] 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest ([d]relief and ease and refreshment and [e]recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.30 For My yoke is wholesome (useful, [f]good—not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.” Matthew 11:28-30 AMP
I know my own conversion to the faith was like a lifting of a great weight. I’ve given my testimony before and spoke of the very real, physical release of sin’s weight on me, like having heavy chains taken from my shoulders. Why then, would I return and pick up those chains again?
Too many are too willing to return to the same sin and degradation that the Holy Spirit released them from. They run back to those chains, those drugs, that drink, that unhealthy relationship and dive in, headfirst, either expecting different results or expecting God to catch them.
Father God, through the person of Jesus Christ, has provided a better way. Once we’ve felt the in-dwelling of the Holy Spirit, can anything else sustain us? If that former life were so appealing, what drew us to God? Does it not make sense that once we’ve tasted the goodness of God and felt His nearness through His Holy Spirit that nothing else would satisfy us? Certainly, returning to what we were saved from after having beheld God’s loving grace could never give us peace, and in fact, seeing it again with eyes that have once been cleared by the knowledge of God should repulse us and grieve us.
Beloved, cling to the life of redemption with all you have. Once you shed the yoke of sin and take on Jesus’ yoke, trust and have faith that there is nothing more wonderful that the world can offer that what you have in the name of Jesus cant surpass.
We will stumble. We will have bad days. We’ll know tears and stress, but we have a hope to sustain us. A moment in the presence of God is better than a lifetime in the world.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Number of posts : 5629
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:48 pm

Just_Sue wrote:

So true. Every time I start to doubt, I think of the experiences I've had with godly people, and with God Himself...
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:50 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
Just_Sue wrote:

So true. Every time I start to doubt, I think of the experiences I've had with godly people, and with God Himself...

I think of where I came from, what God brought me out of, and there's no way I ever want to go back to that.
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:09 pm

“Intimacy.” 
For most who hear the word, it conjures immediate impressions of romance, sex and passionate embraces between men and women. That, at least, is the image most widely promoted by our current day’s mainstream. 
Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines “intimacy” this way: 1 : the state of being intimate : familiarity
2: something of a personal or private nature
A further look into a thesaurus reveals: belonging, inseparability, closeness, kinship, devotion, faithfulness, constancy… You get the point.
When it comes to the deep, intimate love of our Father God for us, the Bible is full of text-book examples.
Jeremiah 31:3 declares, “Long ago the Lord said to Israel: ‘I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.’ “ NLT
This is the devotion God has for His people. From the beginning of time, He’s given freely, loved deeply and made Himself available for His beloved.
“The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy. He will be quiet in His love. He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.” Zephaniah 3:17 NASB
Most of us tend to be our own worst critics. We judge ourselves by how the world sees us. This can be a near-fatal flaw in our faith lives. If we’re spending too much time looking in the mirror and grieving over our surface, how much time are we spending looking within ourselves and trying to see who the Creator of all things sees? Did not the same God who by His word caused the heavens, earth and sea to come into glorious existence not also create you?
You were worth His time, obviously. You’re here, after all.
“I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” Ephesians 3:16-19 NIV
Time and again, we see a powerful God, maker of all, almost pleading for us to come to Him in closeness and intimacy!
Is this pleading for His own benefit? Yes, actually, it is. The Father loves His children with an immeasurable commitment. He burns for us and we are a delight to Him, but our flesh-blocked eyes and hearts that have been damaged by a corrupt world chain us in place. We run after more money, more status, more friends, more popularity and all the while, we get nowhere. We’re never satisfied. We fill one hole in our spirit and another opens up.
We were created for intimacy and relationship with our Father God. He could have made anything [and did], but it is only us who were created to commune and be the children of God. We were created to be the vessels that He poured His riches and favor into, yet we pollute ourselves with pursuits of the worldly.
I’m certainly not suggesting that we quit our jobs and drag our families into the wilderness to live the rustic, hard-scrabble lives of paupers. I’m not even suggesting that if you have an eye for nice cars or flashy jewelry that you can’t be in intimate relationship with God.
What I am suggesting is that the pursuit of these things should never outweigh the desire to be closer to Father God or to walk in His way. If the importance of these things becomes more consuming than our zeal for Him, we’ve strayed.
If you’re a parent of teens or older children, you can probably relate to that time when you found that those babies you bore, who clung to your side and considered you to be invincible at some point in history, now would rather spend time with their friends than you. They have a cell phone permanently glued to their hands or they’re hunkered over a computer, playing games, chatting, surfing and doing everything short of ignoring your existence. It’s a bit of a sting, to be honest. 
Now magnify that to the scale of God. “For God so loved the world…” He went to unimaginable lengths to have us with Him.
Knowing this, is it a surprise that He longs for us with a jealous love? Deuteronomy 4:24 declares, “For ADONAI your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.” CJB
This is not to say He’s petty or His feelings are easily hurt. What this suggests is that He wants to be first on the throne of our hearts. He doesn’t want our loyalties split between Him and what the world offers. He wants to be our first love because He knows the world can’t provide what we need. Only He can sustain us. 
He wants our intimate devotion. Stop running and looking for things to fill you. Empty out your vessels and receive the wellspring of God’s love and provision. He knows you better than anyone. He loves you more than you know.

Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:31 pm

It’s happened again.
I’ve found myself in another conversation with another Believer, hurt and maltreated by the world. What’s more, he’s not really looking for healing. He’s gripped the pain with both hands, pressed it tightly to his breast and is desperately nursing it to full blown rebellion against God.
He’s not there yet, but you can’t say, “I just don’t want to go to Hell” and expect your faith to flourish, if that’s your only motivation for still going to church and claiming to be Christian.
Psalm 37:4-5 says, “Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also in Him and He will bring it to pass.” AMP
If you’ve got pain in your life because of something that somebody else did, then woe to the transgressor against the child of the Most High God. Their sin will be repaid. However, you don’t assume God ‘allowed’ that pain to come!
We don’t have a God who ‘allows’ or condones pain on us. I know from personal experience, every major heartbreak in my life came from the sin or disobedience of another or of my own doing. That the word of God speaks clearly on sin and God’s will for our lives should be a sure guideline to follow, when assessing who has caused our pain. Blaming God, rather than seeking God won’t get you comfort.
“But God could have stopped it!”
Certainly He could have. He could have caused the ground to open up under the feet of the offending party and swallowed her whole, never to be seen or heard of, again.  He could have turned back the hands of time and prevented this hurting Brother from ever having met her.
Father God could move us all around like chess pieces, using us as toys, rather than treating us as children He values and loves and wants to love Him, in return.  Real love doesn’t come from compulsion. Real love is willing and obedient. Father God loves us, unconditionally, deeply, without measure, so much so that He sent His only son to die, so that we could see, believe, and come to Him willingly, without His having to force us into a relationship. Our God isn’t a tyrant.
We have a world that is full of agnostics and atheists who read the Bible, study the history and feel their intellect gives them a better knowledge of God than actual Believers.
We also have a church full of Believers who give lip service to faith, but crumble under the first sign of trouble. I know. I’ve been there.
These same Believers take high-minded positions and become virtually indistinguishable from the agnostics and atheists because their disappointment in where their lives are won’t allow them to trust God’s love for them.
Just as it is with agnostics and atheists, who study the Bible from their mind, these weak Believers lose the essence of relationship between us and our Father God.
I’ve said it 1000 times and the way things are going, I’ll say it 1000 more: You can read that Bible from cover to cover, know chapter and verse by memory, but without relationship, without reading it from the heart and under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, you won’t ever get a thing out of it. That goes for the non-Believer and the Believer, alike.
“People brought babies to Jesus, hoping he might touch them. When the disciples saw it, they shooed them off. Jesus called them back. “Let these children alone. Don’t get between them and me. These children are the kingdom’s pride and joy. Mark this: Unless you accept God’s kingdom in the simplicity of a child, you’ll never get in.” Luke 18:15-17 MSG
We’ve lost our child-like faith. When we were children, if we fell and hurt ourselves, our parents would gather us up, comfort us, and tell us it would be ok. That always made it better, regardless. We didn’t know how or when or why… but if our parents said it, we just trusted that it was true and it would be better!
If our earthly parents, who are merely flesh and human, could give us such comfort, how much more should we be comforted by our Heavenly Father’s promise to us?
Stop doubting. Stop clinging to pain and worry. Open up those hands and receive, in faith, what the Father has promised you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just some of my writing...   

Back to top Go down

Just some of my writing...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1