Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This Weekend's Scores

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

This Weekend's Scores Empty
PostSubject: This Weekend's Scores   This Weekend's Scores I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 2:23 am

I scored big time this weekend. (most happy about the MATW CDs and especially Holy Soldier!!)

This Weekend's Scores 1weeke10
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend's Scores   This Weekend's Scores I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 8:54 am

I love two of the three of those MATW discs.  I really love Seasons Of Love.  Great rock album!  Ferris Wheel is pretty cool, but it does start the demise of MATW with a more alternative jangly sound.  On Flowers In The Rain, you have a very new wave pop sound with a few rockers sprinkled in.  The rockin' songs are great, but the new wave pop stuff just is bad especially with Roger Rose's faked British accent.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend's Scores   This Weekend's Scores I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 11:16 am

agreed. however, the H5 and the White Heart finds all but make up for that Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend's Scores   This Weekend's Scores I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Wow, that's a whole lot of stuff. A bunch of it I have never heard of before

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend's Scores   This Weekend's Scores I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 12:45 pm

A lot of CCM, Alternative
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend's Scores   This Weekend's Scores I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 2:28 pm

My favorites are the MATW albums.
My absolute favorite MATW album is "Seasons Of Love".
The Creed album is from the USA Creed?
Yep, there's a German Creed too.

I've the same Staybrite has, a lof of those CDs I've never heard from.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend's Scores   This Weekend's Scores I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:06 pm

yeh, that's Scott Stapp's Creed. Good stuff, not exactly a Christian band, rather "Christian Friendly" as Scott has had an on-again off-again passion for Christianity.
It's really a good album-  though not for everyone (and I only got it cuz it was a buck).

Let's see: lots of CCM - Kathy Troccoli, popular for the radio hit "Everything Changes"; Clay Crosse, CCM, never listened to, but for a buck I thought I'd give him a try; Bruce Carroll is a genius as is Steve Grace, both have beautiful vocal gifts and writing abilities that they glorify God with; Sierra is the Christian version of Wilson Phillips; Everyone knows H5, Newsboys, White Heart, Rich Mullins, Bleach, U2, Switchfoot, Pillar; The One-21 is really punk, reminiscent of DRI and some Suicidal Tend, but with very Christian lyrics; Ballydowse is an incredible celtic rock band out of the Jesus People USA group (same group that REZ comes from) -most their songs have a "pirate drinking" type sound - very fun !;  Shorthanded is a fun fast punk band with great lyrics; Furthermore is a very unique hip hop band that was ahead of their time; and I only got the Plus One "Christian version of Backstreet Boys" cuz it was a buck and cuz I've never heard it, so I didn't wanna judge them until I give 'em a good listen Embarassed 

So yes, quite the potpourri of music, with MATW and H5 being my favorite finds.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend's Scores   This Weekend's Scores I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 6:42 pm

Is Bleach a 90's alternative band?

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend's Scores   This Weekend's Scores I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 10:46 pm

It is.  They announced a couple of years back that they were regrouping and releasing a new album but nothing ever came of it.

Maybe it's just because of me shopping quite a bit in Christian bookstores, but I had actually heard of everything you bought.  I wouldn't have bought some of it, but I had heard of it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend's Scores   This Weekend's Scores I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:02 am

Staybrite wrote:
Is Bleach a 90's alternative band?
Yep.
 I dig Bleach, they have a modernized Cheap Trick sound. This video was the first I'd ever heard of them and I liked them ever since:

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend's Scores   This Weekend's Scores I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:09 am

Alldat, I agree that some of those would not have been on my list of "I gotta have that" - that's for sure, but they were only a buck a peice on the ones in question, so I decided to gamble. If I listen to say, Plus One and decide this is simply awful, then I can at least say I've listened to it and then pass it on to some 13 year old girl who may appreciate it more Laughing .  But having a large palate for so many styles of music, I like to pick up anything that's Christian and taste it, in case I discover something that's quite tasty.
For example I just got some GLAD LPs, I doubt I'll like them, but I never know - they love the same Savior I do and who knows, their music may touch me.

It's my mom's fault Very Happy  . Though Rock and roll/Metal will always be my first love in music-  while growing up, my mom introduced me to a large music appreciation of all styles.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend's Scores   This Weekend's Scores I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:43 am

Hmm, I might have to check out more of this Bleach band.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend's Scores   This Weekend's Scores I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:40 pm

That song doesn't rep all their songs - but if you're pretty open to a bit of the modern alt stuff, they've really got a lot of great songs. Some upbeat and infectious like the one I posted and some attempting to please the teens of the 90s (a little pop punk).
Overall they're a band with a heart for Christ. They had to grow up in a hurry when a band members brother who was a soldier overseas was killed in the line of duty. I read their interviews during that period of their lives and it was very sad and considerably difficult for the band members. 
I've got all their albums if your interested in hearing more, just lemme know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Weekend's Scores   This Weekend's Scores I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Weekend's Scores
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: