Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So I saw this rocker chick in CCM...

Go down 
+3
Just_Sue
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

So I saw this rocker chick in CCM... Empty
PostSubject: So I saw this rocker chick in CCM...   So I saw this rocker chick in CCM... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 11:30 am

Her album was heavily advertised with all the typical praise and fluff as though she was to be the next big total rocker chick... I looked her up on youtube and was less than impressed....affraid affraid affraid affraid  (me posting this here is like someone taking a drink of something nasty and saying to their friend "eww this taste bad, here taste it" Laughing  )

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this rocker chick in CCM...   So I saw this rocker chick in CCM... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 12:18 pm

I saw this CD for sale (used) somewhere for like $12 a few years ago.  So I checked out thisYouTube video as well.  It actually sounds a little better if you don't watch her dance.  Kinda sounded like she was going for that 90's alternative riot-girl kinda sound but just couldn't quite pull it off.  It might have been a bit better if she would have used a slightly less aggresive vocal approach.
I decided to pass on the cd.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this rocker chick in CCM...   So I saw this rocker chick in CCM... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 12:34 pm

mmm, I obviously wasn't impressed with the video, but the video aside, I didn't care for the vocals either. Not saying she doesn't have potential and could've stepped it up on a second release, but I found this very difficult to listen to. The band sounds really good though.
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this rocker chick in CCM...   So I saw this rocker chick in CCM... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 11:11 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this rocker chick in CCM...   So I saw this rocker chick in CCM... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 12:42 am

I love your one word answer !! LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this rocker chick in CCM...   So I saw this rocker chick in CCM... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:55 am

The band was awesome.  Deborah was not.  A good producer could have reeled her in and toned her down to make this more palatable.  Sadly, as it stands, this is ruined by her forceful over-singing.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this rocker chick in CCM...   So I saw this rocker chick in CCM... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 8:00 pm

THIS is poo doo....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this rocker chick in CCM...   So I saw this rocker chick in CCM... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:19 am

The music is decent; I liked the intro with the bass slides. Not too sure I like the rest of it...
Back to top Go down
music___me

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this rocker chick in CCM...   So I saw this rocker chick in CCM... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 8:48 am

I'm actually enjoying this somewhat. If I could classify this as grunge, then her voice actually fits the song. We just don't often hear female vocals with this style of music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I saw this rocker chick in CCM...   So I saw this rocker chick in CCM... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I saw this rocker chick in CCM...
Page 1 of 1