Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?

Go down 
+9
Follower of Jesus
topshot rhit
unworthy
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
ishmael81
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Fundy
13 posters
AuthorMessage

Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? Empty
PostSubject: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:08 am

As most people here know, and especially those people that are also on CMR or in the FB group for CHM, I have been a very vocal supporter of Bloodgood's kickstarter. But I gotta tell you, their last update rubbed me the wrong.

I am all for making rewards for going over the goal, in fact I suggested that in a CMR thread before. What bothers me is saying that if they reach the 20k mark they will use David Zaffiro, which would indicate they won't use him if they fall short of that. I don't know, maybe I am just reading more into it than I should. I have no issues with the other rewards, just the whole Zaffiro thing bugs me. It sounds like they are willing to settle for less unless they reach their other "new" goal, even though we met the original goal.

This their last update:

New $20,000 Kickstarter stretch goal!!!
What will happen if BLOODGOOD hits the  
new goal of 20K?

-David Zaffiro, original BLOODGOOD guitarist and 7-time Dove award winner and Grammy nominee, will master the album!

-Everyone in the Kickstarter family whose pledge is $5 or more will get a download of BLOODGOOD'S debut Metal Missionaries ep.

-There'll be more time in the studio to create killer mixes! 

-You'll have a better sounding record with downloads available in FLAC format as well as mp3! 
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:04 am

Yeh, I know what you mean.  Maybe it was something along the lines of they were getting someone else to master it because David didn't have the time, but with the extra money he can take time off work and devote a couple of weeks to doing it?

It is slightly strange but maybe it's because I don't know the full ins and outs of what is going on.  I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:28 am

I definitely agree about giving them the benefit of the doubt .

I just did not think the whole tease about David Z was necessary.  So now, if they do not hit 20k, will people feel disappointed because they don't get the extra bonuses? You should not be made to feel like you failed when you actually did reach the Kickstarter amount
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 7:23 am

Kickstarter, to me, has just gone too far.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 8:52 am

For me, Kickstarter has just gone to far.

I will support Bloodgood to buy the new CD.
But don't give $$$ to their kickstarter project.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 9:37 am

Maybe David said he would master the album but only for a set amount of money and they couldn't afford it unless they went over the 20k mark? I see where you're coming from, but on the other hand, we all know there's a bunch of this kind of thing most bands have little to no control over...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 9:39 am

Hey if you are going to ask for the fans to pay for it why not ask for the moon?

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 11:06 am

^ yup
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 4:56 pm

^ yep
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:20 pm

actually if you scroll back a little bit on the updates you'll understand the zaffiro thing a little more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 8:12 am

undefined wrote:

-Everyone in the Kickstarter family whose pledge is $5 or more will get a download of BLOODGOOD'S debut Metal Missionaries ep.

Not having read any of the project rewards, this one would boil my blood. If they don't make the 20K goal, how much did you need to donate to get the EP download?

Offering them as FLAC costs little as well except some extra bandwidth.

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 9:54 am

Unworthy...i see nothing that would clarify. Please elaborate.

I hope u do not mean the studio time comment. The comment there was made as they get David Z and "also get more studio time" comment, not that they get David Z because of more studio time.

Keep in mind people, i am backing the project. I am an avid supporter. I just did not like the new goals because it seems that another carrot was used as bait AFTER we met the goal, so even though we hit the goal NOW there will be some level of disappointment if we don't hit the new mark. I don't think that is right.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:26 am

Kickstarter rubs me wrong in any case. However, for those who supported the effort and contributed to the original 15k goal, I can only imagine frustration when receiving this new goal, after having reached the first goal. Did the band not know that this was a possibility when the Kickstarter campaign started? It wasn't that long a campaign. Did the band find out about Zaffiro after the Kickstarter began? If this was a possibility before the Kickstarter campaign started, this reeks. At the very least, as soon as the band knew of the possibility, the Kickstarter campaign should have been revised to state the new goal and why. But to trumpet a goal over and over, and get support to that goal, and then announce a new higher goal? I like Bloodgood, and I believe they're good guys (though I don't know them), but this was handled poorly to say the least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:37 am

Zaffiro had been involved in one capacity or another since day one.

One of the Kickstarter rewards is a Metal Missionaries cd signed by the 4 original members. Seeing that, I posted a question to them asking if, since David was around and on good terms if he would play at all on the album or on tour, they said no but that he co wrote a song on there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:39 am

And frustration is a good choice of words to describe it...FofJ
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 4:17 pm

I have said it before and will say it again-- I'm glad they are making new music but I won't buy it until it shows up on iTunes. No Kickstarter for me now or ever.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:48 pm

My question becomes who WILL master it if they dont hit this extra goal....???  

Tennessee Ernie Ford?
Mel Gibson?
Jimmy Swagart?
George Beverly Shea??  oh yea he went to be with Jesus....

The Zaffiro thing was just not handled well at all.....   Does anyone really care if he has 7 Dove awards???  How many metal awards does he have?

I'll just wait for the album to arrive....

I'm just curious who actually contributed to this project $$$.... Are there really that many Bloodgood fans?  Guess so.... I mean Tourniquet did this too didnt they?
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:14 am

Yes they did, and that lp hasn't exactly gotten stellar reviews...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:51 am

mr.electric40 wrote:

I'm just curious who actually contributed to this project $$$.... Are there really that many Bloodgood fans?  Guess so.... I mean Tourniquet did this too didnt they?

I contributed...$50 level.

I wanted the cd and to have it signed by the 5 current members .... there isn't a whole lot of inexpensive signed Bloodgood merchandise out there, let alone anything with the current lineup all signing on the same item.

A little pricey..but I also really wanted to support the band. The video updates they send supporters have been kinda fun. 

I was fine til the 20k thing...
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:04 am

Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? 7dccb0a46f871233f7ec7d23898a312f_large
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:20 am

Yeah...the cover got a big meh out of me.

Would have thought after 20 plus years they would have wanted a more memorable cover.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:00 am

Currently up to $20,153
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:26 am

A lot of people upped their bid to get to the 20k

I did not.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:26 pm

yeah the cover kind of blah.... but it would make a cool t-shirt. By the way B4L, I didn't change my bid either, I am still at $0. Laughing (Or how bout I double it?!?) Will pay $9.99 when it shows up on iTunes.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 7:37 pm

The whole Kickstarter thing angers me.....you want me to hear and buy your music? You better find a way to get it recorded and into my hands.....by paying for it yourself.

I've been in bands....we paid for our own stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?   Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodgood's kickstarter project going too far?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: