Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Important influences for the Christian music?

Go down 
+2
Samson
rockerVu2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Important influences for the Christian music? Empty
PostSubject: Important influences for the Christian music?   Important influences for the Christian music? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:16 am

What have been people whose influence was important for the Christian music?
People who have given prominence to the Christian music?
Who started to write lyrics that tells about Jesus?
There have been people who have marked this music in the early days.
Bride, Petra,  Stryper, Whitecross.

What are the bands who mark this music style in 2013?
Bands who strike by their lyrics?
Are there still bands like Bride, Petra, Stryper, Whitecross who strike in 2013.

It will be very interesting to read your opinions about the important influences of the Christian music from then and now.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Important influences for the Christian music?   Important influences for the Christian music? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:23 am

Disciple
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Important influences for the Christian music?   Important influences for the Christian music? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 12:46 pm

I have heard that Kieth Green & Larry Norman were both instrumental in beginning the early Christian rock movement. I think Stryper, Petra, Bride etc. (even Rez) owe a debt to these early "Jesus Music" bands. Bands that weren't afraid to sing hyms or praise music set to modern popular music.

I think there are a still a few bands that sing lyrics that are bold with regards to showing faith (just look at our own Razorigami & Mission of One)...but they seem to be fewer and farther between.

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Important influences for the Christian music?   Important influences for the Christian music? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 1:56 pm

THEOCRACY!!!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Important influences for the Christian music?   Important influences for the Christian music? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 4:47 pm

The early form of what we call now Christian music started with the "Jesus Music Bands"?

I agree for 100% with you about the lyrics of Mission Of One.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Important influences for the Christian music?   Important influences for the Christian music? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 5:17 pm

While I appreciate the pat on the back, I don't think that Mission Of One will be seen as that influential.  I do realize that it's not about the numbers, but I don't have enough fans worldwide to really be seen as an influence to an entire scene.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Important influences for the Christian music?   Important influences for the Christian music? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Great book to read: "Raised by Wolves -the story of Christian Rock". If you have ANY interest in the history, origins, and names that made Christian music what it is today - you MUST read this book.
I'm thinking about reading through again pretty soon.
Some may say it's not the best book, but it's certainly the only one of it's kind and covers a lot of ground in a short distance.
Besides, you can get it for like 4 bucks on Amazon-

http://www.amazon.com/Raised-By-Wolves-Story-Christian/dp/1550224212
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important influences for the Christian music?   Important influences for the Christian music? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Important influences for the Christian music?
Page 1 of 1