Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Worse One of the Bunch

Go down 
+7
rockerVu2
ishmael81
Fundy
Dynamis
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 5:17 pm

Staybrite wrote:
unworthy wrote:
Stryper - Against the Law
See, now I would have said "In God We Trust"
I would have said "In God We Trust" too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 6:09 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
unworthy wrote:
 No 

Worse one of the bunch? How about none of them..they all are good enough not to be considered "worse" of the bunch.

Against The Law is actually one of my favorites, and it is without a doubt the one that is closest to the quality that the secular market was putting out at that time.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 8:57 am

Some people would say Stryper is the worst of the bunch when you mention the heavy hitters of the first wave of Christian metal (you know, Barren Cross, Bloodgood, Sacred Warrior, Saint, Messiah Prophet, etc...)
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 9:24 am

bought4life wrote:
rockerVu2 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
unworthy wrote:
 No 

Worse one of the bunch? How about none of them..they all are good enough not to be considered "worse" of the bunch.

Against The Law is actually one of my favorites, and it is without a doubt the one that is closest to the quality that the secular market was putting out at that time.
Let me tell you that there are no worse Stryper CDs.
"In God We Trust" is the Stryper CD I seldom listen to.
Of course I know others love this CD.
Music is very personal, one loves this while an other doesn't like it.
There's nothing wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 9:32 am

And Jim saw that every entry in the thread he created caused division and disagreement;
And Jim was sorry that he had created this thread, so he sent a strong delusion over those who typed on the thread that they would simply love all albums equally and never post herein again. And it was so....

Ok maybe it wasn't so... Howabout White Heart  ? I know their career spanned many different styles and singers, but which album of them all since the beginning would you consider the worse of the bunch ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:23 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
bought4life wrote:
rockerVu2 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
unworthy wrote:
 No 

Let me tell you that there are no worse Stryper CDs.
"In God We Trust" is the Stryper CD I seldom listen to.
Of course I know others love this CD.
Music is very personal, one loves this while an other doesn't like it.
There's nothing wrong with that.

Of course everyone's musical taste is personal....

my point, which I was trying to be tongue in cheek about, was that a lot of the cds mentioned here as the worst were ones that also failed all the way around. Critical reviews, fan support, and sales numbers. Torn and Colours are both examples of that. In God We Trust was very successful. That's all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:29 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
And Jim saw that every entry in the thread he created caused division and disagreement;
And Jim was sorry that he had created this thread, so he sent a strong delusion over those who typed on the thread that they would simply love all albums equally and never post herein again. 
 ROTFL
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:31 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:09 am

bought4life wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
And Jim was sorry that he had created this thread, so he sent a strong delusion over those who typed on the thread that they would simply love all albums equally and never post herein again. 
 ROTFL
ditto lol! 

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:10 am

I think someone already mentioned White Heart's "Freedom Album". I wasn't a big fan of it, but it has been ages since I've heard it. I also wasn't too keen on their first album either.

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:08 am

bought4life wrote:

Jerusalem ..anything after Can't Stop Us Now
I love the Prophet album. It was probably the first Jerusalem album i ever heard.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:55 am

Quote :
actually, it's "closeness" to the "secular market" in music and lyric is part of what makes it their worst imo. If I wanted to hear "close to the secular market" I would listen to the "secular market" .. Smile  ..
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:03 am

Living Sacrifice - Nonexistent
Deliverance - Assimilation
Mortification - Triumph of Mercy
Petra - Godfixation
Michael W Smith - ALL of them
Tourniquet - Intense Live
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:18 pm

unworthy wrote:
Quote :
actually, it's "closeness" to the "secular market" in music and lyric is part of what makes it their worst imo. If I wanted to hear "close to the secular market" I would listen to the "secular market" .. Smile  ..
I was talking about the quality of musicianship unworthy...my comment had nothing to do with lyrical content of it.

I have always stated that the best Christian metal bands in the 80s and early 90s usually paled in comparison to the musicianship of secular bands that were above average. Hence why so many below average secular bands tried to go under the disguise of white metal bands, because there just wasn't a lot of great competition and they had a better chance of making it in the Christian market.

While I love bands like Barren Cross, Bloodgood, Stryper, etc..and they are the bands I choose to listen to....I fully believe that there were TONS of secular bands that were more skilled.

Against The Law, to me, is THE album that came closest to the talent of the secular market.

Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:01 pm

oteis wrote:
bought4life wrote:

I love the Prophet album. It was probably the first Jerusalem album i ever heard.
I find that a little surprising given where you live.

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 4:30 pm

Staybrite wrote:
oteis wrote:
bought4life wrote:

I find that a little surprising given where you live.
It might be In His Majesty's Service as well. My brother had that one on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 4:43 pm

Now that I would believe.

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Bride - Fistful Of Bees and Megadeth - Risk... Need I say more
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Worse One of the Bunch
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2