Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce

Go down 
+7
unworthy
Guilty/Forgiven
mr.electric40
Follower of Jesus
dale434445
alldatndensum
Staybrite
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce Empty
PostSubject: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:44 am

First, I know a lot of people have had issues with some releases by them being unauthorized, but they also do act as a regular label and sign bands. As for the unauthorized stuff, they take a lot of stuff that has never been on cd, remaster it, put it onto a cd. The cds are all professionally done, silver discs, labels, and front and back cd artwork that mirrors the orginal.

Here is some of the rarities they have there...

http://retrospectrecords.com/time_warp_etc.html

7TH ANGEL '7th Angel' 1988 CHRISTIAN MELODIC METAL ep
ANGEL X 'Children of the Reign' 1992 MELODIC METAL
Angelix - Demos 1990
APOSTLE 'Hymns' 1988 CHRISTIAN MELODIC METAL
ARSENAL - Armored Choir
BATTLECRY 'Red, White & Blue' 1985 CHRISTIAN AOR / MELODIC ROCK
BRENT LAMB 'Tug Of War' 1984 CHRISTIAN AOR
CHOSEN STRANGER 'Chosen Stranger' 1988 MELODIC ROCK / AOR ep
CHRYZTYNE 'Tales of Paradise' 1993 MELODIC HARD ROCK / AOR
D.O.X. 'Through The Fire' 1989 CHRISTIAN AOR / MELODIC ROCK
DESERT VOICE 'Holy Fire' 1994 CHRISTIAN MELODIC HARD ROCK
Du Beel - Box Of Rox 1990 (FF Hair Metal)
DU BEEL 'Yeah' 1989 FEMALE-FRONTED HAIR METAL
Dual Edge - Knock'em Alive 1987
DUBIEL 'Dubiel' 1988 FF AOR MELODIC HARD ROCK ep
ELINOR 'Where Do You Go' 1989 CHRISTIAN MELODIC METAL
FAST FORWARD - Message For America 1985 Christian Metal
FIRST STRIKE - Rock Of Offense 1984 Early Christian Metal
FOLLOWER 'Into the Son' 1985 CHRISTIAN HARD ROCK
GRACE FORCE 'Grace Force' 1993 AOR / MELODIC H ROCK ep
Holy Soldier - Demos
MAJESTY 'Open Your Eyes' 1996 80s-STYLE MELODIC METAL
PRISONER 'Rip It Up' 1986 MELODIC METAL
Prodigal - Electric Eye 1984
PRODIGAL 'Just Like Real Life' 1985 HI-TECH AOR
RECON - Demo EP 1989
SEPTEMBER 'Dreams and Lessons' 1987 AOR MELODIC ROCK
SEPTEMBER 'Lines Are Falling' 1984 CHRISTIAN AOR
THE FRONT 'The Front' 1984 CHRISTIAN AOR w/ Dann Huff
TWENTY TWENTY 'Altered' 1987 CHRISTIAN AOR
TWENTY TWENTY 'Twenty Twenty' 1985 CHRISTIAN AOR
WARRIOR 'Fighting For The Earth' 1984 MELODIC METAL
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 12:19 pm

I'm willing to be several of these are not official re-releases.

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Staybrite wrote:

I am sure, but  I would rather have someone take the time and effort to produce a professional looking copy that I can buy at an inexpensive price than me simply going and downloading it or file sharing it with someone.

If they were charging 30-40 bucks a piece claiming rare then I would have issues.

Although some people do buy them and then try and sell them for huge amounts on eBay
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:58 pm

They also have:

Refugee - Life Goes On

That one is near impossible to find on CD.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Last edited by alldatndensum on Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 5:00 pm

bought4life wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I am sure, but  I would rather have someone take the time and effort to produce a professional looking copy that I can buy at an inexpensive price than me simply going and downloading it or file sharing it with someone.

If they were charging 30-40 bucks a piece claiming rare then I would have issues.

Although some people do buy them and then try and sell them for huge amounts on eBay
I can agree with that (at least on some level).

I have to confess I have never even heard of some of those bands.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 5:10 pm

I am betting that these are bootlegs if there have ever been any.  That Dual Edge would belong to whoever bought out the Intense Records library.  I bet that most of these are hot as could be. 

But, it is tempting to score some of these as they were never released on CD.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 6:06 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I am betting that these are bootlegs if there have ever been any.  That Dual Edge would belong to whoever bought out the Intense Records library.  I bet that most of these are hot as could be. 

But, it is tempting to score some of these as they were never released on CD.

That's what I am saying...and they sound fine..I have a lot of them.

I even got a defective one once and they were real easy to deal with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 6:12 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
They also have:

Refugee - Life Goes On

That one is near impossible to find on CD.
 Do you see any other Christian ones in their list that I failed to add to my post?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 6:15 pm

From this list, I have already purchased
7TH ANGEL '7th Angel' 1988 CHRISTIAN MELODIC METAL ep
ANGEL X 'Children of the Reign' 1992 MELODIC METAL
APOSTLE 'Hymns' 1988 CHRISTIAN MELODIC METAL
CHOSEN STRANGER 'Chosen Stranger' 1988 MELODIC ROCK / AOR ep
CHRYZTYNE 'Tales of Paradise' 1993 MELODIC HARD ROCK / AOR
D.O.X. 'Through The Fire' 1989 CHRISTIAN AOR / MELODIC ROCK
DU BEEL 'Yeah' 1989 FEMALE-FRONTED HAIR METAL
Dual Edge - Knock'em Alive 1987
ELINOR 'Where Do You Go' 1989 CHRISTIAN MELODIC METAL
FAST FORWARD - Message For America 1985 Christian Metal
FIRST STRIKE - Rock Of Offense 1984 Early Christian Metal
Holy Soldier - Demos
RECON - Demo EP 1989

I am quite happy with them. Remember though, don't expect to hear the same quality as a new release. The original source on a lot of these was probably cassette. To me they sound fine though.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 6:35 pm

I emailed them about a long list.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 6:39 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
 Which ones are you ordering?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Never heard of Angel X, but I am totally digging this!

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 7:56 pm

Angel X is awesome...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:43 pm

bought4life wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
 Which ones are you ordering?
Angel X - Children Of The Reign
Apostle - Hymns
Chosen Stranger - Chosen Stranger
Du Beel - Box of Rox
Du Beel - Yeah
Dual Edge - Knock 'Em Alive
Elinor - Where Did You Go?
Fast Forward - Message for America
First Strike - Rock Of Offense
Follower - Into The Sun
Majesty - Open Your Eyes
Prisoner - Rip It Up

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:44 pm

bought4life, you should check on that Refugee album.  Good stuff!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:45 pm

Nice....

I never confirmed that Prisoner was Christian though...but they came highly recommended
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:46 pm

Alldat....i snagged a download of it after i saw your original post. I will take a listen, if it is good i will order the cd.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:47 pm

You will really like DuBeel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Let me know how you like Follower when u get it, please...i can not find a sample anywhere
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:20 am

They have to answer me back before I can order anything.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 8:26 am

You know, up in the main Retrospect section, where i believe it is mostly if not all licensed music, they have the Fierce Heart cd.

Rex Carroll's band before Whitecross
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 8:32 am

Yes, Fierce Heart is a sanctioned release apparently.
I have this one too

http://retrospectrecords.com/products/fierce_heart.html
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:17 am

I had a REAL copy of Fierce Heart at one time.  I sold it.  Why?  Rex may have played on it, but the songs didn't really seem to point to Christ.  It was meant to be a secular release and I just couldn't get into it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:33 am

The Retrospect Release is a real copy of it btw.

But yes, it is a secular release. Just like MASS.

Of course, a lot of people think MASS is a Christian band, it is not. A lot of their song titles and cd titles could you lead you to believe they are, but Louie has explained over and over in interviews what the songs mean and none of it seems to be about God, not even the cd New Birth.

I guess, along with the titles, because he believes in God and because Michael Sweet produced Voices In The Night people try to tag the band as Christian.

A lot of people believe in God, doesn't necessarily make them Christian. Not saying he isn't, just saying he might not be.

Hahaha. ..i took a little detour...sorry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:43 am

I should add that I got taken in to believe they were a Christian band too, because a lot of Christian music sites included them. And back when Voices In The Night first came out, it was sold in Christian bookstores.

If I had known, I would probably have bought Voices In The Night and that is all. As it is, I own like 5 or 6 cds by them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce   Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next