Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not to brag but...

Go down 
+5
Mac
alldatndensum
Driven
LRW
ishmael81
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Sep 2013 - 18:22

Bouncing smiley I just bought Angelica's first album ( the on with Rob Rock on vocals) for $9. Aren't you happy for me?
Back to top Go down
LRW

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2013-03-04

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Sep 2013 - 19:12

I actually am really happy for you. Nice score! Can't beat that price!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Sep 2013 - 20:43

Now get the second album for $1 like I did. Razz

Nice find, though.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Sep 2013 - 7:12

I think I gave about that much for the split disc that had that and "Rock, Stock, & Barrel" on it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Sep 2013 - 10:01

When you say "album" I assume you mean an actual album/record and that you are not just using album as a generic term? 

'Cause the cd is available for like $6 on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Sep 2013 - 19:28

No I mean the cd. The one that's $6 on amazon is an authorized cdr. Mines an original.
Back to top Go down

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Sep 2013 - 20:59

Wow..didn't know it had become such an expensive item.  I got one of the originals last year for only 11 or 12. Of course, I originally had one when it first came out and foolishly got rid of it years ago...along with the resat of my collection
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Sep 2013 - 11:43

YEah, the original is about $20 on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Sep 2013 - 16:50

I got this when it first came out in the 80s
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Sep 2013 - 17:31

I got some European reissue version several years back that is also OOP. The album is great, but the production/mastering left a little to be desired.

ishmael81

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Sep 2013 - 18:01

Cheese,
I probably would have except the year it came out I was 8 years old and not really listening to metal yet... Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Sep 2013 - 18:48

ishmael81 wrote:
Cheese,
I probably would have except the year it came out I was 8 years old and not really listening to metal yet... Smile
Slacker!

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Sep 2013 - 19:10

Cliffy the remastering genius posted it over at CMR one time after he worked on it.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2013 - 5:43

Geez now I feel old!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2013 - 7:49

Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Cheese,
Slacker!
I know... I was more into Lego's and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... Metal just didn't appeal to me yet.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2013 - 7:49

She Eats Cheese wrote:
Geez now I feel old!
You're not old- I'm just young! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2013 - 10:36

bought4life wrote:
Cliffy the remastering genius posted it over at CMR one time after he worked on it.
Thankfully he did, I have it among more than a few other Cliffy remasters.

ishmael81

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2013 - 12:08

Staybrite wrote:
bought4life wrote:
What did he do to it? The original has it's issues but it's nothing like, oh... Messiah Prophet's Rock the Flock or that Bloodgood album with no bass.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeWed 18 Sep 2013 - 20:49

I sold my original a couple of years ago for $20-25.... never listened to it.... love rob rock but the tunes werent that memorable imo other than the opening tune.... Walking in Faith however is a totally different story.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeWed 18 Sep 2013 - 21:29

ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
bought4life wrote:
What did he do to it? The original has it's issues but it's nothing like, oh... Messiah Prophet's Rock the Flock or that Bloodgood album with no bass.

Never really compared it....
Just snagged it from him while I could
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2013 - 7:58

Just scored Atomic Opera's Gospel Cola for free! Amazon had one left at $5.45 with free shipping for Prime members, and I was able to use cash back rewards from my Discover card for the purchase. Smile
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2013 - 11:17

Nice.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2013 - 14:12

So I shouldn't have pseudo-bragged about my Angelica CD. I don't really care for it. I'm going to give it a week or so but honestly I may trade it off.

I know folks love Rob Rock but the only stuff he's done I care for is his solo work.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2013 - 15:30

Personally I've never thought Angelica was "uber awesome," but I don't think they were so bad. That CD was their first if I'm not mistaken, and while it's not Rob's best vocal work it was early in his career. And the Ken Tamplin song on that CD is pretty good.

IMO, don't trade it off. I've lost count of how many times I've gotten rid of a CD only to regret it later. Sometimes I look at my collection now and think, "Is there anything I don't listen to that I'm willing to part with?" and the answer is always, "nope!" However, if you have your mind made up I am sure someone here or over at CMR will trade or pay for it.

As for Rob's solo work being his best, I agree concerning the song writing. However, as good as his solo work goes I think over all his work with Impelletteri is better; I don't think he has ever been able to find a guitar player to match Chris.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2013 - 18:55

I'll pay you, and maybe trade you (if you want anything in particular) for that first CD…
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not to brag but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to brag but...   Not to brag but... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not to brag but...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next