Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord Empty
PostSubject: Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord   Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:40 pm

Hello,

I just updated Angelic Warlord to include a review of the new Wayne Johnson solo release, "North Of Nowhere".  Following is the link: http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/j/johnsonwayne13a.html

All in all, it is a good hard rock album.  If you like his work in Under Command then I can see "North Of Nowhere" appealing to you as well.

I also included an extensive news update and release dates update as well.

Upcoming reviews include albums from Visual Cliff, Bride ("Skin for Skin re-issue), Stryper ("No More Hell To Pay") and Theocracy (self-titled debut re-issue).

Finally, this is the sites first official update with the new computer (running Windows 7 Professional) and am relieved at how smoothly everything went.  From transferring the files from the old computer (a real clunker running Windows XP) to the new to installing all the necessary software on the W7 unit, things could not have gone better.

Thanks,

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord   Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:47 am

Love this release....such a shame he was never able to get it onto cd. 

Really nice guy too, met him at a show earlier this year. 

Hopefully one day he will come back to this style one day(he is doing a lot of shows with country artists now) and pick up where he left off.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord   Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:01 pm

I read the review yesterday, I need to go back today and check out the uptades.  Great to hear you are up and running again.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord   Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:02 am

Nice review.  I enjoy the Wayne Johnson release very much as I do with all the Under Command stuff.  Of course, with all the Under Command personnel on this, I still don't see why it's a solo project.  It looks and sounds just like Under Command with the whole band still playing in the studio.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord   Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:22 am

The only difference is that the rhythm section performers on the two projects are different.  For example, on his solo material Wayne Johnson handles bass, while his wife Julie handles bass for Under Command.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord   Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:01 am

After reading this review about the CD of Wayne, it's time to give "North Of Nowwhere" a listen again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord   Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:52 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Nice review.  I enjoy the Wayne Johnson release very much as I do with all the Under Command stuff.  Of course, with all the Under Command personnel on this, I still don't see why it's a solo project.  It looks and sounds just like Under Command with the whole band still playing in the studio.
When I met Wayne, he told me about some issues he had with a label that had signed Under Command. Wayne got screwed over pretty bad by them. The label, btw, is well known to have screwed over MANY artists and fans.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason for using Wayne Johnson instead of Under Command was due to the label having rights to any new Under Command material.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord   Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wayne Johnson - North Of Nowhere review at Angelic Warlord
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: