For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Deperately need prayer today, folks!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18088
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:29 am

As a youth pastor, sometimes I get called in to help counsel with a family if one of the kids is in trouble.  Sunday, however, I was cast into a much larger situation than I have ever had to deal with (outside of online debates).  One of my church families came to me and confessed that he and his wife were divorcing most likely because of her infidelity.  I've been asked to counsel with the daughter who is in my youth group.  Dad was going to be there, but now the mom is going to be there as well.  I would imagine that she wants to insure that I don't try to turn her daughter against her.

While I do want to focus on the needs of the teen daughter, I also want to be able to discuss the situation with just the parents.  I might be the last line of defense before this family gets ripped apart.  The unfaithful wife has already cut ties with our senior pastor and most of the church folk.  So, I think it is of utmost importance for me to try to show that God still loves her, there will be consequences for her actions, and that the only way to really have peace with the Lord is to obey His commands to repent.

I feel so unprepared for this.  I trained in Bible college to preach/teach the word, but I did not take any counseling classes.  So, this is a HUGE step with potential for so many grave mistakes.  If I say the wrong thing at all, this marriage will end.  I need Jesus to give me the words that start this family on a road to healing.  I need the Holy Spirit's wisdom to flow from my mouth into the hearts of these people tonight.  Please pray and pray harder than you ever have for this situation today.  The Lord will be faithful to our prayers if we are definitely praying for His will to be done here.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
LRW

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:42 am

I pray that it would not be your words, but God's words today. Very tough situation pal.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14634
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:05 am

A tough situation that needs lots of prayers and the guiding of the Holy Sprit to give you words of wisdom, word from God.
This situation is in my prayers.
Trust God that when you need wisdom and what to do in a rough situation like this is He shows you His way and what to do.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18176
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:34 am

Praying God will give you wisdom & insight (and courage).

Number of posts : 2905
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:58 am

alldatndensum wrote:
If I say the wrong thing at all, this marriage will end.
What you say or do not say will not decide what happens with this marriage.  The participants (husband and wife) will decide on what happens with this marriage.  You can show them God's never-ending love for both of them.  But in the end, the choice is theirs and theirs alone.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:59 am

Praying here.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Praying for much wisdom, gentleness and boldness my friend.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 2940

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
If I say the wrong thing at all, this marriage will end.
What you say or do not say will not decide what happens with this marriage.  The participants (husband and wife) will decide on what happens with this marriage.  You can show them God's never-ending love for both of them.  But in the end, the choice is theirs and theirs alone.
+1. Frankly, I think you'll do better than someone that has professional training. I'm sure you've heard the famous saying, "God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called." Out of context perhaps but I still think Matt 10:17-20 would apply in situations like this. Rely on God to give you the words to speak in love, not condemnation. She may well not have any intention of repenting at this point (or ever). He may not have any intention on forgiving at this point. It's pretty simple to point out what God expects though.

alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:02 pm

He wants to forgive and to heal the marriage.  She--not so much.  But, as long as she actually comes to the meeting tonight, there is hope.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:03 am

I hope she came to the meeting.
It's hard but what happened can be forgiven.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:01 pm

She did, and I said everything that I felt that the Lord was laying on my heart to this family.  Whether or not they make the decision to stay together now is between them and God.  I will be glad to assist with counseling if they decide to reconcile.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:31 pm

You did what God had called you to do. Now it's in God's hands and the hands of that couple. Continue to be of support to that family especially the daughter.  I pray that this marriage stays together, but when there is adultery involved it makes it tough. It is a Biblical reason for divorce, however for the sake of their daughter I pray they reconcile
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:19 am

It's good to pray they reconcile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:54 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
It's good to pray they reconcile.
my pastor says not to take sides other than to take the side of the marriage
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:19 am

I cannot take a side and will not.  I will advise either of them by God's word alone at this point.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:47 pm

I'm praying for the restoration of that marriage.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:43 pm

That's what I do too.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:04 pm

Things are degrading for this couple.  They are now trying to drag their mutual friends into the middle of this and take sides.  It's so childish.

Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:49 pm

Unfortunately in situations like these it's the kids who suffer the most
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:15 pm

It's those kids I work with. Sad.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:18 am

My prayer will be that God shows them to stop this.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18176
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:56 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
My prayer will be that God shows them to stop this.
Me too.

Number of posts : 3737
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Same here.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deperately need prayer today, folks!   

Back to top Go down

Deperately need prayer today, folks!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1