Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CDs fulfilled by Amazon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

CDs fulfilled by Amazon Empty
PostSubject: CDs fulfilled by Amazon   CDs fulfilled by Amazon I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 12:56 am

Has anyone else encountered this ?
I've purchased 2 albums that this has happened with.

You do the album search, find the one you want, order it "fulfilled by Amazon.com", then when it arrives: the conundrum.

A beautiful brand spankin new CD arrives, you unwrap it and excitedly open the inserts to read all the band's info and lyrics only to find there's only a simple song listing. No pictures, nothing. The back tray art also contains only the song listing. The CD itself is a monochrome print with just the band's name and album name.
Then you take magnifying glasses and read the following on the back: "Manufactured by Amazon.com, Lexington, KY"

Come to find out, the album is either OOP or was only released as a digital download album only. Amazon has a service that makes these albums available as CDs on demand.
The good side is, for us CD lovers, we get an actual tangible CD of the album we wanted.
The bad side is, no lyrics, no band pix, no band acknowledgments as in normal albums... basically no authenticity. They merely took the music, threw it on a cd, printed the album's cover art as well as a nice printed CD topside and sold it for 10 bucks.

It's bittersweet to me. On one hand, I really love to have the actual album in my hands, but on the other hand, it's not an actual album by the fact that the art stops at the cover and what's on the CD itself.

Granted, I could have read the fine-print before buying and realized it's an "On Demand" recording CD fulfilled by Amazon.

Anyways, has anyone else bought one of these CDs and what was your reaction ?
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: CDs fulfilled by Amazon   CDs fulfilled by Amazon I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 1:18 am

What???  I've never heard of that before!  Ooh I would be pissed!  I mean, it's cool and all if they do that, but they better make it dang clear what they're selling...
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: CDs fulfilled by Amazon   CDs fulfilled by Amazon I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 6:48 am

Yes, 99 % of the Frontline Catalog is done this way. RECON, Shout, all the old good stuff is CD-R with a front album covder insert and thats it. Amazon doesnt hide that fact.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004USTZ6S/ref=dm_dp_cdp?ie=UTF8&qid=1384516181&s=music&sr=1-1-catcorr
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: CDs fulfilled by Amazon   CDs fulfilled by Amazon I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 7:21 am

If it says that, just buy the downloads.  I've bought several CDs from Retrospect Records and the discs are just as plain.  On these types of discs, my desktop computer will not play them.  I have to rip them on my laptop, then transfer everything over to the desktop to load onto my Zune.  Some of those types of discs won't play in my wife's car either.  My truck doesn't seem to mind.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: CDs fulfilled by Amazon   CDs fulfilled by Amazon I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:58 am

I have heard of them, and seen them for sale but never purchased one,
What album was it?

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: CDs fulfilled by Amazon   CDs fulfilled by Amazon I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 11:09 am

Most recently I got RED LAMB. But there were 2 others I got a few weeks ago, that's when I first learned about this whole "Fulfilled by Amazon" thing.  Unfortunately I don't read the fine print, and just charge ahead with buying what seems to be a regular CD with a regular CD price.
So far they've all worked well with all my players, but I do miss having the lyrics and pics and stuff.

Oh well, I still like having them in my collection. But I'm gonna be more careful in the future to avoid these kind of plain wrap generic albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CDs fulfilled by Amazon   CDs fulfilled by Amazon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CDs fulfilled by Amazon
Page 1 of 1