Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date

Go down 
+13
topshot rhit
phydeaux72
MikeInFla
Readi_Sketti
KellyM
Guilty/Forgiven
mr.electric40
Mac
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
Fundy
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:56 pm

I hope this is not true MikeInflo.
For the security I checked my e-mail to see if I have a confirmation e-mail from the order.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:36 am

I had a friend share the downloads with me until my CD arrives.

Upon my first two listens, this album fits in nicely behind "All Stand Together".  Actually, this has got me hoping that they really will re-record "All Stand Together" so we could all hear the awesomeness of that album even more.  I think that people's opinion of that record would be so different if they could hear it with today's sonics and clarity.

But, back to "Dangerously Close".  The songs are well written.  If you like openly Christian lyrics, Bloodgood delivers that as well.  The dual guitar attack of Paul and Oz really fattens up their sound.  You can hear the thunder of the bass on these songs which is something that all of Bloodgood's earlier albums lacked.  Les shows that he still has the pipes in his 60s.  The only down side is that the drumming just seems a bit uninspired and plain.  What he does is okay, but there are some places that bigger fills would have been nice.  Regardless, I don't think that this will really be a problem for me--it is just something I noticed.  All in all, this is a great return for Bloodgood and I hope they continue making music up until the time they are physically unable to do so.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3121
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 11:03 am

I emailed them yesterday asking what was up. I was told Kickstarter CD's were sent out first, then the rest in the order that they were received. Since I ordered mine last week I figured I was pretty far down the line. This AM the e-mail came in saying it had shipped. So I guess it will be here Monday or Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 11:56 am

What I've read about "Dangerously Close" it must be a great album.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 12:19 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I had a friend share the downloads with me until my CD arrives.
What? You have a friend (sorry, I couldn't resist).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 4:27 pm

I have two friends, but one of them doesn't like me very much.  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 5:13 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I have two friends, but one of them doesn't like me very much.  lol!
Wow, that's one more than me! Laughing 

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 5:24 pm

You can't have it all I think.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 8:46 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
The only down side is that the drumming just seems a bit uninspired and plain.
I noticed that in the video. Boring. Hopefully it won't bother me if I get this. The other thing I noticed that concerned me more was lack of high end in the mixing/mastering. Have they fixed that?

Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 8:51 pm

Quote :
Upon my first two listens, this album fits in nicely behind "All Stand Together".  Actually, this has got me hoping that they really will re-record "All Stand Together" so we could all hear the awesomeness of that album even more.  I think that people's opinion of that record would be so different if they could hear it with today's sonics and clarity.

But, back to "Dangerously Close".  The songs are well written.  If you like openly Christian lyrics, Bloodgood delivers that as well.  The dual guitar attack of Paul and Oz really fattens up their sound.  You can hear the thunder of the bass on these songs which is something that all of Bloodgood's earlier albums lacked.  Les shows that he still has the pipes in his 60s.  The only down side is that the drumming just seems a bit uninspired and plain.  What he does is okay, but there are some places that bigger fills would have been nice.  Regardless, I don't think that this will really be a problem for me--it is just something I noticed.  All in all, this is a great return for Bloodgood and I hope they continue making music up until the time they are physically unable to do so.
This is a fair and accurate analysis.  I agree that adding a second guitarist lends a heavier edge to the Bloodgood sound.  Also, they definitely captured the bass sound they were looking for.

I plan to have a detailed review online tomorrow afternoon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 5:33 am

KellyM wrote:
My interview with Michael Bloodgood airs Friday November 29, 2013 on Divine Aggression Radio.
We talk alot about the new album, Oz joining the band, the recording of the Metal Missionaries demo, what it took to make Alive in America and Shaking the World, the re-releases by Intense Millenium, being inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame and tons more. It starts at 8PM (EST) on http://www.audioaccess.fm I'll post the archive on my Twiiter page & Facebook if you miss it.
Missed it, how can I find it. I'm also curious to know what was said about Intense Millennium Records.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:15 am

topshot rhit wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
The only down side is that the drumming just seems a bit uninspired and plain.
I noticed that in the video. Boring. Hopefully it won't bother me if I get this. The other thing I noticed that concerned me more was lack of high end in the mixing/mastering. Have they fixed that?

There is plenty of highs in the mix to my ears.  Nothing is muddy on the mix.  The highs have been brought down a little to prevent ear fatigue.  But, the cymbals are still in the mix and the leads definitely come through nicely.  Les' voice also has enough highs to make him sound great but without hurting the listener's ears.

Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 11:20 am

Been listening to samples and I might actually get this. Les's voice has aged nicely and that's been the sticking point for me.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 8:41 am

For those who have ordered "Dangerously Close" have you gotten a confirmation e-mail your CD is shipped?
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 9:33 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
For those who have ordered "Dangerously Close" have you gotten a confirmation e-mail your CD is shipped?
I got confirmation on Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and my CD arrived yesterday. I figure I must have been one of the first ones to pre-order since I got the CD before other pre-orders were even shipped.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9959
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 11:56 am

My confirmation of shipment came Friday, and it arrived Saturday ! Been listening to it all weekend and I rate it a TEN !!!! EXCELLENT ALBUM all the way !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 4:50 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
You can hear the thunder of the bass on these songs which is something that all of Bloodgood's earlier albums lacked.  
I agree...

I always thought it was soooooo weird that the bass was severely lacking on the Bloodgood albums, considering that the namesake of the band IS the bass player.

It is nice to hear him finally push his work out to the front more..
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 5:55 pm

Quote :

I always thought it was soooooo weird that the bass was severely lacking on the Bloodgood albums, considering that the namesake of the band IS the bass player.
True, but I think that the mix and final masters were more of the doing of the label at the time.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 10:01 am

I still haven't gotten an confirmation e-mail.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 1:35 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I still haven't gotten an confirmation e-mail.
You might want to e-mail them they told me all of them would be shipped out by the weekend. Also check your paypal account to see if the money was taken out.
Back to top Go down
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Bloodgood "The Word"   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 3:55 pm

I saw a track listing on Angelic Warlord of Dangerously Close. It states that The Word is one of the songs..Is this a song just for Kickstarter supporters. I dont see it as a song listed on Amazon or Itunes.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 4:52 pm

I believe that it was.

Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 10:33 pm

Quote :
I saw a track listing on Angelic Warlord of Dangerously Close. It states that The Word is one of the songs..Is this a song just for Kickstarter supporters. I dont see it as a song listed on Amazon or Itunes.
I wrote the review off pre-release promo download files received prior to the official release of the album.  So I took it for granted that "The Word" would appear on the both the CD and download versions.  Sorry for any confusion.

As a matter of fact, I purchased the CD version and when it arrived I was surprised that "The Word" was not included as part of the track-listing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:35 am

I downloaded the version from Amazon, and it does not come with "The Word: track (just FYI)

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:24 pm

If you missed the Bloodgood interview, there is a link on the FB page https://www.facebook.com/divineaggressionradio
and I have the link on the Twitter account
http://twitter.com/aggressionradio

If you are not on either, send me an email divineaggressionradio@gmail.com and I'll send you the link. For whatever reason, dropbox links don't seem to work on this forum.

Another unique way to hear the interview is by calling (832) 999-8235 and select option 5. After that, you can press 1 to pause, 2 to rewind and 3 to fast-forward. You can also press 4 for more options, like leaving me a voicemail or listening to past shows.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date   Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodgood announces November 29 as official release date
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next