For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Dating and Relationships Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Redeemed Fool

avatar

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 49
Localisation : In a van, down by the river....
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:22 pm

I think it can get you into trouble. If she is highly emotional she might resent your stoicism so it might be good to find out how she responds to this type of personality.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 17736
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
I think it can get you into trouble. If she is highly emotional she might resent your stoicism so it might be good to find out how she responds to this type of personality.

On the other hand she might be anchored by his seemingly strong emotional demeanor. When she is losing her head, it might comfort her to think that he will be a constant rock she can depend on. Or it could swing the other way, she might see him as emotionally stunted (unable to show proper emotion...other than at an Iron Maiden concert). I guess I'm just trying to say....IT DEPENDS!

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

avatar

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 49
Localisation : In a van, down by the river....
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:56 pm

It depends, true, but we've known many women who complain about their husbands being emotionally distant.
The key is, are you both willing to stick it out and WORK on it. And trust me buddy, the rainbows and bunnies don't last.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

avatar

Number of posts : 2284
Age : 30
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:10 pm

Thanks all for your wisdom!  Things are early yet with this one, but it's something that I feel is going to come up regardless of the couple involved and applicable to everyone.  And I suppose there are SO many more factors that affect the compatibility of two people with regards to emotions (i.e. how those emotions are processed and acted upon, what causes them, what heightens them, etc.).

I haven't experienced her as being highly emotional, it's just that she seems to feel she is.  More time spent together is necessary, which I'm looking forward to!

RF, I agree, though I dated this gal a couple years ago for a little while and we both tried to stick it out and work on it for far longer than we should have - due to our mutual stubbornness and persistence.  Within the confines of marriage, obviously that's a different story!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

avatar

Number of posts : 2823
Age : 46
Localisation : Texas
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:51 pm

Staybrite wrote:
And hey, what's with this engineer bashing?  Isn't it bad enough that we can't dance and don't tend to dress attractively?

It's better than engineers bashing other engineers Wink  But I'm used to that since I'm an industrial engineer (i.e. imaginary engineer).  And on top of that, I got my minor in Music History Razz
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 17736
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:12 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
And hey, what's with this engineer bashing?  Isn't it bad enough that we can't dance and don't tend to dress attractively?

It's better than engineers bashing other engineers Wink  But I'm used to that since I'm an industrial engineer (i.e. imaginary engineer).  And on top of that, I got my minor in Music History Razz

Now there is a crazy combination!

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

avatar

Number of posts : 2823
Age : 46
Localisation : Texas
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:02 am

Staybrite wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
And hey, what's with this engineer bashing?  Isn't it bad enough that we can't dance and don't tend to dress attractively?

It's better than engineers bashing other engineers Wink  But I'm used to that since I'm an industrial engineer (i.e. imaginary engineer).  And on top of that, I got my minor in Music History Razz

Now there is a crazy combination!

Darn tootin' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

avatar

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 49
Localisation : In a van, down by the river....
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:19 am

Three phrases to help your relationship.

Yes Dear.

You're right Dear.

It was all my fault and i'm sorry.

And if you really blow it try:
You know, i'd love to spend a week with the inlaws.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

avatar

Number of posts : 8782
Age : 47
Localisation : Here
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:25 am

^ that cracks me up... some truth to that. I was blessed to have married a Christian woman who analyzes the sexes and realizes what is stupid in women as well as men, and we have a great relationship where she will acknowledge when she was wrong just as I will when I am wrong.

Had a previous relationship where everything I did was wrong, hated it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 17736
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:47 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Three phrases to help your relationship.

Yes Dear.

You're right Dear.

It was all my fault and i'm sorry.

And if you really blow it try:
You know, i'd love to spend a week with the inlaws.

And don't forget the flowers!

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

avatar

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 49
Localisation : In a van, down by the river....
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Funny thing is, if I said my I wanted to spend a week with my inlaws my wife wouldn't want to. Her Mom is very difficult and hasn't always been nice to us.
G/F, my wife and I joke all the time about the foibles of the sexes.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

avatar

Number of posts : 8782
Age : 47
Localisation : Here
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:15 pm

Quote :
 
G/F, my wife and I joke all the time about the foibles of the sexes.

It healthy to do !  I've known so many people who "sex bash" (my dad was like that when I was growing up, he'd always trash talk women - I hated it. I'd tell him, Dad, I think women are smarter than men... overall - he'd get pissed  Laughing  )
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 17736
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:38 pm

I sometimes joke about women (but only to my wife, daughter and mother-in-law)...but I never do it in front of other men because I don't want them to take me seriously.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

avatar

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 49
Localisation : In a van, down by the river....
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:31 pm

Just show them your BFF pic with Doug then no one will take you seriously.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

avatar

Number of posts : 2284
Age : 30
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:42 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I sometimes joke about women (but only to my wife, daughter and mother-in-law)...but I never do it in front of other men because I don't want them to take me seriously.

My sister always makes the best sexist jokes (towards women).  It's pretty hilarious.  Also our family's sense of humor is pretty dry/straight-faced so I wonder how many people have heard her say something like, "a woman's place is in the kitchen wearing high-heels and an apron" or something to that effect and thought she was serious...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 17736
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:58 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Just show them your BFF pic with Doug then no one will take you seriously.

 Thumbs Up 

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 17736
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:01 pm

kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
I sometimes joke about women (but only to my wife, daughter and mother-in-law)...but I never do it in front of other men because I don't want them to take me seriously.

My sister always makes the best sexist jokes (towards women).  It's pretty hilarious.  Also our family's sense of humor is pretty dry/straight-faced so I wonder how many people have heard her say something like, "a woman's place is in the kitchen wearing high-heels and an apron" or something to that effect and thought she was serious...

Gotta love people who can tell a joke with a straight face. I do it all the time. Problem is I have done it to my kids for years, and now on occasion they will ask me if I'm serious. It really makes my wife unhappy she will tell me "stop it, they don't know you are kidding". You wouldn't want to be my kids when it comes to me telling them about the "birds and the bees".

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
kerrick

avatar

Number of posts : 2284
Age : 30
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:19 pm

Hahaha!  Oh gosh, I hope you have fun with THAT conversation!

Yeah I tend to get myself in trouble with my straight-faced humor...  Case in point: I went to Starbucks one morning with a coworker.  She got some cream and sugar for her coffee but I got none.  When she asked if I wanted any, I matter-of-factly replied [quoting Airplane!], "no thank you, I take my coffee black; like my men."  She didn't get it.

On topic of the thread... I'm going to see that gal tomorrow before Bible study!  Unfortunately our schedules don't align well AT ALL but we both seem to have taken a liking to each other and are seeing each other when we can!  We text a fair bit (which I have mixed feelings on...) so at least we're able to communicate often that way.  We're still just getting to know each other but I think we both really like spending time together and so we'll see where things go!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 17736
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:56 pm

Great to hear things are going well with your new female friend (too early to refer to her as a girlfriend etc.).  

Love the "Airplane" quote (I would have totally gotten that....then asked you if you had ever been in a Turkish prison).

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
kerrick

avatar

Number of posts : 2284
Age : 30
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:53 pm

Thanks!  Nope, definitely not "girlfriend" yet but the forecast is good.

(Never been to a Turkish prison, though I do enjoy gladiator movies.)
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

avatar

Number of posts : 2823
Age : 46
Localisation : Texas
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:49 am

kerrick wrote:
(Never been to a Turkish prison, though I do enjoy gladiator movies.)

WHUT?!?!?!???! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 17736
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:32 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
kerrick wrote:
(Never been to a Turkish prison, though I do enjoy gladiator movies.)

WHUT?!?!?!???! Shocked

Confused? So you mean to tell me you have never seen a grown man naked?

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

avatar

Number of posts : 2823
Age : 46
Localisation : Texas
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
kerrick wrote:
(Never been to a Turkish prison, though I do enjoy gladiator movies.)

WHUT?!?!?!???! Shocked

Confused?  So you mean to tell me you have never seen a grown man naked?

Hodor.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

avatar

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 49
Localisation : In a van, down by the river....
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:34 pm

lol! 
Invite me to your wedding and don't go on about 'oo killed 'oo if I show up with a sword.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

avatar

Number of posts : 1689
Age : 18
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:03 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Eat beans before the date. If she can't handle you passing gas it's over.  Twisted Evil
Kerrick, you should try this. haha  Twisted Evil 

I told Kerrick that I will cry when he gets married one day. I'll be so happy for them. He grew up so fast!!!! haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   

Back to top Go down
 
The Dating and Relationships Thread!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Forgotten Gems!
» The Joke Thread
» Foreign Films Appreciation Thread
» "This" or "That" Thread
» The Iguana Chronicles thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: