Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+19
unworthy
Readi_Sketti
xenonlion
MikeInFla
metaldude
BearDad
Samson
Xid
Redeemed Fool
Through The Dark Radio
LRW
Driven
topshot rhit
rockerVu2
Hardkore
alldatndensum
Staybrite
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What are you watching? - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 7:00 pm

The Man From UNCLE
Antman
Sister Act (the play)

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 10:58 am

Ice Age.
I think it's fun to watch this.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 10:26 am

Soul Surfer Thumbs Up 

Where Eagles Dare

Wow,I don't know if this is based on a true story or not but it was good. There were a few times that it made me wonder what was going on then later threw a curveball that you really wouldn't expect. It was a British movie that had Clint Eastwood in it.

OK ,I just checked,it is based on a book/novel. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_Eagles_Dare

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 12:20 pm

^I've been meaning to check that movie out ever since I heard the Iron Maiden song!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 9:14 am

Finished up the first season of The Big Bang Theory and the latest episode of Gotham.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 11:42 am

gog

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 2:19 pm

I watched Goodnight Mommy last night.  It's a German indie suspense/drama/horror in which the single mother of two twin boys (maybe 11 years old?) returns home after a facial reconstructive surgery (covered with bandages).  The boys begin suspecting that she is indeed not their mother...  The first two thirds of the movie were really great but the final ~third got a little too dark/gross for me and the "twist" was rather generic IMO.  Overall I probably wouldn't recommend it but it wasn't terrible.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 11:24 am

13 Hours
Persecuted
Full Metal Jacket
Terminator - Genisys
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 3:30 pm

I watched Ex Machina last night....wish I would have done something else with that hour and 48 minutes.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:22 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I watched Ex Machina last night....wish I would have done something else with that hour and 48 minutes.

I saw that one a little while ago.  I was quite disappointed with it as well!  I expected more from the guy who wrote the material for 28 Days Later, The Beach, and Sunshine...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 5:55 pm

kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I saw that one a little while ago.  I was quite disappointed with it as well!  I expected more from the guy who wrote the material for 28 Days Later, The Beach, and Sunshine...

I haven't seen the other two you mentioned, but I found 28 Days Later surprisingly good....Ex Machina, not so much.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 7:25 pm

Ah 28 Days Later is one of my favorite movies.  It is just SO well done!  Alex Garland wrote and directed Ex Machina (I believe it was his first time directing).  He wrote the books that the other movies I mentioned were based on and I believe even wrote the screenplays.  Danny Boyle directed them.  Boyle's newer stuff hasn't interested me much now that he's gone more mainstream, but his old stuff is really great.

The Beach is a sort of love-it-or-hate-it flick.  Personally, I loved it.  Many don't though so take my recommendation with a grain of sand...  Basically it's about the unraveling of a utopian society.

Sunshine has a very silly plot (the sun is "burning out" and so a group of folks go to "reignite" it with a big bomb haha) and its "science" got ripped apart by physicists and such, but it's a pretty enjoyable flick.  Not amazing, but I'd recommend it.  Without giving too much away, something I really appreciated was how it shifted genres for the last ~1/5 of the movie.

Danny Boyle is probably most famous for Trainspotting which is a hard movie to watch but very good.  Shallow Grave (his debut) is also great.  In some ways it reminds me somewhat of the Coen Brothers' first film Blood Simple.  Millions is sort of a kids movie but I really liked it a lot.  There are one or two things that I didn't theologically agree with but just keep that in mind going in.  (The main character talks to ghosts of saints and some of the stuff they say doesn't quite line up IMO.)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 7:46 pm

I went and checked out previews of both of those films and was reminded that I had already seen Sunshine. It was a well done film but one of my least favorite genres (basically scifi that turns into suspense/horror), so it wasn't one of my favorites (still miles ahead of Ex Machina).

After watching the preview for the Beach I remembered seeing the previews for it when it was new and totally avoided it because I was not at all a fan of DiCaprio. I have since come to appreciate him a little more, so will add it to my list of films to watch for.

Trainspotting is an incredibly good (and difficult to watch) film. It was my introduction to both Ewan McGregor & Robert Carlyle and I was immediately impressed by both of them.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 1:13 pm

Right on.  Yeah I'm typically not a big sci-fi fan but I do love me some horror films.

The Beach came out while DiCaprio was still riding on his Titanic fame and so I think a lot of folks dismissed it because of that.  It's not a perfect movie or anything, but I think it's really quite good and very underrated.  Also, Robert Carlyle has a small part in it which is cool.  He's a spectacular actor.  If you don't care for horror, then you probably wouldn't enjoy Ravenous...  But he is GREAT in it and it's a very enjoyable horror/dark-comedy with a bunch of other very good actors, clever script, epic scenery, and a very unique atmosphere/style.  Unfortunately, the trailer gives way too much away so I don't recommend watching the trailer first...
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 9:57 am

The Peanuts Movie
Bridge of Spies
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 12:39 pm

Woodlawn - truly an amazing movie based on a true story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodlawn_%28film%29

I know of someone here that dislikes football but if you put that aside for the other aspects of the movie, you will be blown away.

-------

http://www.christianhardmusic.com/viewtopic.forum?t=7414
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 40 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40