Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Day Of Fire

Go down 
+4
alldatndensum
Staybrite
ChosenOne
rich71
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Day Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Day Of Fire   Day Of Fire I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 5:10 pm

Anyone here remember Day Of Fire. I had their 1st self titled cd and thought it was great. My wife and I both really liked the song "Cornerstone". The whole cd i thought was really good. They came out with 3 cd. My wife and I really didn't care for the last 2 albums. Last I knew I read that the lead singer was going through some personal struggles and that the band.broke up. Anyone here a fan of.theirs and do you know what happened to them officially.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Day Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire   Day Of Fire I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 7:31 pm

Loved Day of Fire. Have all 3 of their albums. They were on tour for Losing All (their 3rd and sadly final album) and then their tour support from the label got pulled and shortly after words they went on hiatus.

They did post a message on Facebook a few months back that they got together to talk but nothing further. There was also talk of releasing a b-sides album.

Josh Brown, lead singer, has gone back to his pre-Day of Fire band Full Devil Jacket. They just released a new cd this past Tuesday. I read an interview awhile back where he talked about marriage struggles but there isn't much that I have found lately regarding Day of Fire or how he is doing in his faith.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Day Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire   Day Of Fire I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 8:45 pm

I was seriously bummed when they quit too.  they were one of the few modern rock bands that I really  liked.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Day Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire   Day Of Fire I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 10:08 pm

I liked their sound a lot, too.  I thought the first one was their strongest, but the 2nd and 3rd discs found them playing with that sound to find something a bit different than all the other modern rock/alternative acts out there these days.  I had hoped that they would be able to regroup and put out more music.  Alas, that has not happened.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Day Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire   Day Of Fire I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 11:33 pm

1st off thats really sad news that Josh brown went back to his old band

What is a b-sides cd. Never heard of that term before.

Was looking forward to seeing more cds from them. Thats disappointing. Im going to pray for Josh and his family. I hope his marriage is ok.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Day Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire   Day Of Fire I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 11:38 pm

rich71 wrote:
1st off thats really sad news that Josh brown went back to his old band

What is a b-sides cd. Never heard of that term before.

Was looking forward to seeing more cds from them. Thats disappointing. Im going to pray for Josh and his family. I hope his marriage is ok.

B-Sides would be like songs that they recorded for the albums that were released but were cut from the album. Sometimes a band may record like 15 songs or so and so like 5 may not make the cut. I remember they had a song called The Calling that was left off of Cut & Move that was really good.'

I have not heard the newest FDJ cd Valley of Bones yet so I'm not sure how it is lyrically. If the lyrics are clean then I don't have a problem with it. Maybe someday someone will do an interview with him and he'll talk about where he is at in his walk.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Day Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire   Day Of Fire I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:19 am

I hope we see a B-sides disc from Day of Fire.

as for the band "Full Devil Jacket", I listened to the sampler vid for the new album and didn't even like most of it musically (didn't hear enough of the lyrics to have an opinion about that).

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Day Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire   Day Of Fire I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 9:09 am

I like Day Of Fire too.
Have some of their CDs
It's good those guys are back.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Day Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire   Day Of Fire I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 9:22 am

I like Day Of Fire.
Let's see if they can come back with a new CD.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Day Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire   Day Of Fire I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 3:09 pm

Truthfully, I always wonder about guys who come out of secular bands with guns blazing. I'm not saying I know where Josh is spiritually but now he seems silent about his faith.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Day Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire   Day Of Fire I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 3:50 pm

I believe he has taken up the messianic (spelling may be wrong) Jewish believe. I do remember an interview with him a few years ago talking about it. I'm not really versed in the Messianic Jewish faith but I think that his where he is at spiritually.
Back to top Go down
phydeaux72

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-10-26

Day Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire   Day Of Fire I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 5:15 pm

One of the major differences is that Orthodox Jews are still waiting for their messiah to come. Whereas, Messianic Jews believe in Jesus Christ as the Messiah.
Back to top Go down
rtz

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Day Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire   Day Of Fire I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Just watched a fan video posted 2/1/14 of Josh with FDJ.  Sadly Josh was dropping "f" bombs all over.  I really dug Day of Fire. Once I had heard DOF was done and Josh was returning to FDJ I thought maybe that things were starting to go backwards for Josh.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Day Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire   Day Of Fire I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:56 am

Welcome back to CHM rtz.
Back to top Go down
rtz

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Day Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire   Day Of Fire I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 10:19 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Welcome back to CHM rtz.
Thanks! Good to be back ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Day Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire   Day Of Fire I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Day Of Fire
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-