Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide" Empty
PostSubject: Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide"   Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 8:51 pm

Just saw a post on Oz Foxs fb page about the link to Michael Sweets single Im Not Your Suicide. Im assuming that this is the first single off his up and coming solo project. I have not been able to get a listen yet. Why is it being released on Big3 records. I thought Stryper signed with Frontiers. What is this different because the solo stuff is different then Stryper stuff.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide"   Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:24 pm

I would venture to guess that he has a separate deal w/Big3. I'm guessing the Frontiers deal is for Stryper. I know that the new project he is working on with George Lynch of Dokken will be on Frontiers as well. He probably signed the deal w/Big3 back when Stryper originally signed.
Back to top Go down
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide"   Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 10:43 am

So educate me on this. Why is Big3 a good fit for Michael Sweet but not good enough for Stryper
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide"   Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 11:41 am

Perhaps Big3 wasn't offering as much of a recording budget for Stryper as the band would have liked.  Besides, Frontiers has a larger following and has a lot more bands from that era signed to them.  It is a great marketing move for the band.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide"   Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 1:30 pm

I doubt Sweet alone is a big enough draw for Frontiers.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide"   Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:32 pm

Big3 I believe did the samething w/John Elefante. Frontiers released Mastedon 3 and then Big3 released the same album as John Elefante and Mastedon. I know Michael has been posting over at the CMR, I could ask and see if he responds, but I'm guessing it is a budget thing.

In my opinion by the way, Frontiers Records is the best label out there. So they are perfect for Stryper
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide"   Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide" I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 4:16 pm

I really like the new song. It's on the poppier side, which is why it isn't really for Stryper. But it's catchy and has a pretty good message. I'm really excited to hear MS's new solo album. I'm more excited to hear what he and George Lynch come out with!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide"   Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet "Im Not Your Suicide"
Page 1 of 1