Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Son of God Movie

Go down 
+4
Redeemed Fool
Xid
alldatndensum
BearDad
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Son of God Movie Empty
PostSubject: Son of God Movie   Son of God Movie I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 11:10 pm

I’ve had my doubts about this movie, but after reading this woman’s blog I’ve about made up my mind: no-one in my house will be wasting our money on it.

The “Son of God” Movie Is NOT What We Think–Do You Know The Voice of Your Master

And if that blog is not enough, the fact that Joel Osteen is supporting it should be a loud cry of “stay away!”

Rick Warren, Joel Osteen among prominent pastors participating in nationwide Theater Take-Over campaign for “Son of God”
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Son of God Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of God Movie   Son of God Movie I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 7:04 am

Regardless of the claims of this blogger, I wasn't going to see it anyway.  I've seen Jesus on film so many times that I just don't care anymore.  The Passion Of The Christ was plenty for me.  I'd rather see stories about people who are put through the test of their faith and how God works in their lives.  I don't even care if the story has a happy ending or not.  I just don't know that I need another Jesus film.

As to the claims of Roma Downey being a New Ager, this blogger had best be making sure that her claims are true.  She doesn't site enough references to actually prove this.  She mostly quotes another blogger who isn't named.  The National Enquirer does the same thing with "sources close to Roma" or something of that nature.  Only time will tell what fruit she produces.

Now Capt. America, that's a movie I want to see!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Son of God Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of God Movie   Son of God Movie I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 9:19 am

I have/had no plans to see it either.  I watched part of "The Bible" series and it was so full of inaccuracies that I couldn't take it.  Now they want me to pay money to see another one of their "biblical" films?  I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Son of God Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of God Movie   Son of God Movie I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 10:24 am

I'm with you guys and especially alldat. More movies about persevering in the faith would suit me.
One person said that the last supper scene seems to have Jesus in cahoots with Judas portraying him which is odd.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Son of God Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of God Movie   Son of God Movie I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 11:30 am

I've never even heard about it. But my wife picked up their book in the store and after reading just a few pages put it back saying "No thanks".

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Son of God Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of God Movie   Son of God Movie I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 11:53 am

alldatndensum wrote:

As to the claims of Roma Downey being a New Ager, this blogger had best be making sure that her claims are true.  She doesn't site enough references to actually prove this.  She mostly quotes another blogger who isn't named.  

I noticed that too, and actually discussed it to some extent with my daughter, who is the one that sent me the link. However, what "sold" me, if that's the appropriate word here, was Roma and Mark's involvement with Osteen, Oprah, and other people who profess beliefs that are not biblical.

A point was made at CMR that bears repeating: "Movies based on books create their own interpretations of the books and people tend to accept the version they see on the screen rather uncritically." How often are movies based on books true to the story the book's author was telling? The movie is someone's interpretation of the book; even when the screenwriter is the author it is a retelling of the same store, a new interpretation. So it becomes a "he said, she said" game, where the last one to tell the story is the one folks are likely to believe, no matter how distorted his version may be.

Movies and TV shows based on the Bible should never be made; based on a Bible character perhaps, but never to re-tell what the Bible is already telling us. Personally, I don't even like biblical Christmas movies like "The Nativity Story." 

I believe it is our responsibility as Christians to dissuade other brothers and sister from supporting this movie monetarily, and to persuade non-believers to read The Book instead.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Son of God Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of God Movie   Son of God Movie I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Son of God Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of God Movie   Son of God Movie I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 9:42 pm

How about something like this short? Pretty impressive for amateurs.

Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Son of God Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of God Movie   Son of God Movie I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 9:58 pm

They did a good job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

Son of God Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of God Movie   Son of God Movie I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 6:01 pm

I also wasn't planning on watching it. Whether the stuff on the blog is true or not, I don't plan on watching the movie. These types of films are usually really inaccurate, which bugs me a lot. Plus, I not really much of a movie person anyway.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Son of God Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of God Movie   Son of God Movie I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 11:40 pm

If I had to pick a favorite Jesus film it would be "Jesus" from 1979. Saw that one back when I was 13, and loved it ever since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Son of God Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of God Movie   Son of God Movie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Son of God Movie
Page 1 of 1