Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switchfoot protesters

Go down 
+4
rich71
Staybrite
Redeemed Fool
topshot rhit
8 posters
AuthorMessage
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Switchfoot protesters Empty
PostSubject: Switchfoot protesters   Switchfoot protesters I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 9:59 pm

Wow.

Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Switchfoot protesters   Switchfoot protesters I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 10:59 pm

Rolling Eyes That's to the protestors.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Switchfoot protesters   Switchfoot protesters I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:22 pm

Hypocrisy, how can you preach against worldliness when your clothes come from Walmart?

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Switchfoot protesters   Switchfoot protesters I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:24 pm

I read something about this somewhere else very briefly. What happenef. Did someone protest because the music is watered down.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Switchfoot protesters   Switchfoot protesters I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:31 pm

According to the guy with the megaphone it sounds as if the protesters don't believe that rock music can be Christian, and if you listen to Christian rock music it will lead to something more evil like Gangster Rap, Heavy Metal, fornication, and masturbation....oh yes and watching rated R movies.

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Switchfoot protesters   Switchfoot protesters I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:12 pm

So weird. What kind of music isn't in the world?
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Switchfoot protesters   Switchfoot protesters I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:44 pm

Staybrite wrote:
and if you listen to Christian rock music it will lead to something more evil like Gangster Rap, Heavy Metal, fornication, and masturbation....oh yes and watching rated R movies.
I think if you listen closer he didn't say that it leads to it, but these people already did those things. Plus he claimed he was without sin.

Definitely related to the av1611.org folks.  Evil or Very Mad 

Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Switchfoot protesters   Switchfoot protesters I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:14 pm

It isn't 1985 anymore, folks. Time to move on.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Switchfoot protesters   Switchfoot protesters I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 8:57 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
and if you listen to Christian rock music it will lead to something more evil like Gangster Rap, Heavy Metal, fornication, and masturbation....oh yes and watching rated R movies.
I think if you listen closer he didn't say that it leads to it, but these people already did those things. Plus he claimed he was without sin.

Definitely related to the av1611.org folks.  Evil or Very Mad 

Yikes I missed that....there is some thinking that leads straight to the pit of hell (if you are without sin you don't need Christ).  I did notice the "King James Onlyist" speaking style.

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Switchfoot protesters   Switchfoot protesters I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Seems awfully silly to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: Switchfoot protesters   Switchfoot protesters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 8:18 am

I'm not a big fan of Switchfoot.  However, I just don't see where these fanatic type church groups really have the right to call people out--even if the band were steeped in sin.  If my life were a total wreck, I'd rather be called out by a friend, family member, pastor, etc.  You know--someone close to me.  If it were a total stranger, I doubt I would listen or care.

Rants like this are just to get a bit of media attention for the protesters.  These guys and Westboro do more harm to the Christian faith than they help it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Samson

Samson

PostSubject: Re: Switchfoot protesters   Switchfoot protesters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:17 am

I don't say this lightly, but I really believe that those people (Westboro in particular) are going to be some of the folks Jesus talked about casting out saying "I never knew you" while they cry "Did we not toil in Your name?"
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Switchfoot protesters   Switchfoot protesters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 6:15 pm

It always feels weird when these types of people always say how the 1611 KJV is the best and most accurate English Bible. They most likely don't even use a 1611. They probably use the edition from the 1700's or 1800's. (I forget which) The 1611 KJV has wonderful 1600's English. I personally think it's fun to figure out the words, but many people would have trouble figuring it out. Some people would much rather read the Bible without trying to decipher everything as if it were a code. I like doing that so...

Here are a few pictures of text from 1611 KJV Bibles so you know what I'm talking about:

Switchfoot protesters Image

Switchfoot protesters Screen-Shot-2012-05-07-at-11.58.32-PM

Switchfoot protesters KJV1611gothicfont2
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

PostSubject: Re: Switchfoot protesters   Switchfoot protesters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 11:08 pm

For those who like reading out of the KJV, more power to them. But that translation is just too archaic for me to want to delve into.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switchfoot protesters   Switchfoot protesters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Switchfoot protesters
Page 1 of 1