Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010)

Go down 
+2
Follower of Jesus
Samson
6 posters

Favorite song on Back to the Rock (2010)
Beam Seat
Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) I_vote_lcap14%Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Clean
Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) I_vote_lcap29%Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Angel of Light
Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) I_vote_lcap14%Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Rose Colored Stained Glass Windows
Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) I_vote_lcap0%Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Godpleaser
Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) I_vote_lcap0%Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Second Wind
 0% [ 0 ]
More Power to Ya
 0% [ 0 ]
Let Everything That Hath Breath
 0% [ 0 ]
Grave Robber
 14% [ 1 ]
Adonai
 14% [ 1 ]
Back to the Rock
 0% [ 0 ]
Too Big to Fail
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) Empty
PostSubject: Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010)   Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:47 am

And there you have it folks. Three weeks of Petra polls come to an end with this album. I thought this one was really nicely done, and they were good enough to record two new songs as well. I'm going with Clean as my choice.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010)   Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:52 pm

This was hard. I love nearly every song on this one, and I still regularly enjoy this release. Besides the improved sonics, it is also a nice collection of Petra's biggest hits from '79 - '85. The songs that were "most improved" IMO were Bema Seat, Clean, and Angel of Light. I voted for Clean. That's always been one of my favorites. They didn't include two other songs that I wish they'd also re-recorded:  It Is Finished and Chameleon.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010)   Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Adonai is a great song to begin with, so I picked that. Too Big To Fail was a close second.

The thing about this album is that they downtuned their guitars slightly (not to mention the radically different production scheme and Volz's maturing voice), so it makes for quite a different listen compared to the originals.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010)   Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 4:06 pm

I didn't have the originals for any of the albums these songs came from, so most of these songs were my first exposure to them.
My favorite would have to be Grave Robber, but I also really liked Rose Colored Stained Glass Windows and Adonai. Overall it is a great album.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010)   Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 5:24 pm

I had to go with "Too Big To Fail".  I just love the lyrics to that song!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010)   Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 8:59 pm

Angel of Light. Never heard Beam Seat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010)   Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite song from Petra-Back to the Rock (2010)
Page 1 of 1