For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Prayer Apprieciated :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8866
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Sorry to hear this brother. I know it ain't much consolation, but I can agree with Sketti, I've lost a huge share of friends over the years for one reason or another. One of the hardest ways of losing a long time friend is under your circumstances. I've drifted from some friends, and that was no big deal, but I've also had to confront friends (including a pastor once) on stuff that didn't jive - which lead to difficult parting of the ways.
It totally sucks, but Sketti's right, sometimes you are left with no other options than to cut ties and move on. God always leads someone else your way though, give it time.
We're always here as well, regardless of whether we're just digital relationships, the real "us" are out here and praying for and thinking aboutcha man.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3327
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:35 am

kerrick wrote:
Thanks dude.  Well, without going into too much detail (it's a looooooooooooong story that spans around 15 years...), I think the best course of action now is to just let it go.  I tried to maintain this friendship for a couple years longer than I should have and things only got worse.  The patterns have only got worse as well and I want nothing of it anymore.  It's been hurtful, draining, and unhealthy for all parties involved for years now and there have been no signs of improvement.  I'm exhausted, saddened, frustrated, and accused.  And I realize I'm of no good impact to him anymore either.

I hear ya dude.

Sometimes we have friends that are friends for the rest of our lives. But I think we have just as many, if not more friends who are only friends for a season. As hurtful as it is, maybe it is time to part ways.

The guy that was my best man - we were best friends in high school and college. I thought we'd be friends no matter what. 2 years after I got married, we drifted apart. I haven't talked to him in almost 10 years.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Thanks everyone.  Please keep praying...  I sent my message and received a extremely hateful and bitter response in return - mostly against the others involved who did not respond.  Unfortunately, he is not allowing me or us to move on...  Ugh, I don't know...  Well, if I could, I'd give y'all big hugs right now!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:58 pm

Well, haven't heard from him since... which I think is a good thing.  However, I am really conflicted right now.  He is on a lot of gnarly prescription drugs AND has been checked into a mental health hospital - both of which legally preclude him from having access to firearms.  He does own firearms though.  I don't *think* he'd use them for anything bad, but he is extremely mentally unstable right now.  Do I call the cops?  They are not known for their tact...  Knowing him and his vanity, if a big scene were to be made, that could very well push him over the edge.  He's overdosed in the past and I feel potentially responsible were he to do anything bad.  The risk of him harming himself is much greater than anyone else, and quite honestly, I'd be the one he'd go after anyways - not some random school or something like that.  I've long been family friends with a police officer here (who used to be the pastor at the church I used to attend), so I may talk to him but keep my friend's name anonymous.  I'm concerned though that if I do, there may be some law that forces me to give his name up?  Or do I contact his family and try to convince THEM to do something, since it shouldn't be my place anyways?  I'm not worried about his feelings towards me; he can hate me if he wants to.  But I'm concerned for his health and possibly the health of others.  Is it my place to act at all?  Do I call the cops?  His family?  Wisdom, insight, and especially prayers are very appreciated...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18066
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Dang, terrible position to be in. I can't give you any difinitive answers other than prayer (and probably not a bad idea to ask your cop friend about it)...also stay away from this guy by all means necessary.

My daughter had two boyfriends threaten to commit suicide and I had her call the cops on both of them them. In both cases their "threat" was just an attempt to get more attention from her, and it backfired on them.

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:21 pm

To my knowledge, there's no law that requires you to report anything unless a) a crime has already been committed or b) a crime is being seriously planned (as in the person/people planning it can actually do it). Being concerned that this guy has the access is not a guarantee that he will commit a crime (and yes, attempted suicide is a crime).

I think you should pray about it, but maybe his family would be a better route for this fella, especially since you and he aren't tight anymore.

Is he locked down in the mental health facility? If so, that's a huge barrier to try to cross.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:52 pm

If he's been checked into a hospital the state will be monitoring him, at least for awhile. I sense your compassion and am glad for it but i'd advise leaving him alone for awhile. I think you need the space.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Thanks guys.  For clarification, he spent about a week in the hospital a few years ago, not recently.  I only mentioned that because I have heard that you cannot own firearms if you've been admitted.  So I doubt the hospital will be monitoring him now, and he's had the guns well before he went in anyways.

I've been praying about it and seeking advice from folks I respect, though it seems everyone thinks I should do something different.  Staybrite's right, it's not a fun position to be in!  I trust God that it'll all work out somehow - I just want to make sure I'm not avoiding my responsibility in this situation - whatever that responsibility is.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Prayer!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:28 am

Dude, just move to Alaska - problem solved.

Just kidding. Still praying for you for wisdom.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:56 pm

Alright, me again, and with a slew of more prayer requests...

1.  My dad's health.  About a year ago he had some kidney stones/UTI issues and was in a lot of pain.  Well that passed but then just last week he got hit pretty hard with some similar stuff.  But when he went into the doctor and got checked out, the doctor was VERY concerned that it may be something worse like cancer.  They won't be able to do any tests for a while longer once his infection is cleared up but my dad said the doctor's body-language was what concerned him the most.  Please be praying it's nothing more than a simple infection that can be treated with the antibiotics and such.

2.  Internet drama.  Many of you are already privy of what's being said on facebook about the mods/admins on the "other forum" via some disgruntled past members.  Lies, blind accusations, partial truths, and gossip are being spread and it's all [indirectly] against the Kingdom of God.  It is really affecting me personally too, but at the end of the day it's Christians hurting Christians which is in direct opposition to what Jesus said to His disciples:  "Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples" (John 13:35).  Also, locking the theology section there has bothered some people and I've been having to deal with the fallout of that.  But that's better than all the stuff I was having to deal with when it was still in place so it's definitely a "lesser evil" haha.  Anyways, all this has been on my mind a lot and I could definitely use some prayers for peace.

3.  My grandfather is dying of cancer.  He's always been a "manly man" but this has really been getting him down.  The silver lining is that for the first time in his life he's been exploring a relationship with God.  Please pray for further seeking thereof.  My grandparents are very wealthy and there's already a lot of drama going on with will stuff.  When he does pass, please pray for unity and love within the family to trump greed and such.  Most all my aunts/uncles on this side of the family are not greedy, but there is disagreement with what should be done with their house and property.

4.  My sister has been making some life decisions that I don't agree with and I want more for her.  Prayer for God's instructions in her life are appreciated.

5.  I've been put in charge of a very big project at work and it's getting behind schedule which is stressing me out.  I hate project management and this is a biggun.  The customer is cool though and overall I think they're happy so far.  Nonetheless when I go to sleep it's all I can think about...

6.  With all this other stuff going on, the usual feelings of loneliness that have been at the forefront of my mind for so long aren't quite as intense so that's nice.  However, continued prayer is appreciated for me learn how to thrive in this stage of life rather than dwell on a possible future for myself.  Also to be more grateful for the EXCESSIVE blessings God's put into my life instead of wanting more.

7.  My Bible study group.  My co-leader is going through a rough time with job stuff and it's really getting him down.  Numbers are a bit lower than we'd like and there's been a bunch of inter-personal issues.  We're trying to make sure everyone is loved and cared for, but there are a few folks who just by their nature negatively affect the flow and intimacy of the ministry.

8.  If you read all that, you deserve a medal. I love you  Thanks guys and gals!

Last edited by kerrick on Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:13 pm

Well, I'll continue to pray for you every day.

You also need a huge hug.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:13 pm

Thanks XL.   I love you   I just edited my list with #7 to pray for my Bible study group and the 20s/30s agegroup ministry at large.  As soon as I clicked 'post,' I got a text from a woman who used to be in my group for the past two years but is now in someone else's:

Kerrick's friend wrote:
I have not been going to group for several weeks now.  I feel lonely.  I feel disengaged.

Please be praying for her too.  I can't respond to her now because I'm just getting headed out to meet with my co-leader (who also needs prayer, as outlined above).
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3135
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:35 pm

You got it Kerrick!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:20 pm

That is a lot of stuff on your plate my friend.  Praying that the lord will carry it through it all (especially the family health issues).
Sounds like you might need a break from your duties at that other forum, don't be afraid to ask for some time away from the mod/admin responsibilities as they should be the lowest thing on your priority list.

Number of posts : 2856
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:35 am

Continued prayers for you, my DOOOOOOOM-y friend.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Speaking of doom, here's a picture of Doom Kitty. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Aww thank you guys!  Big hugs all around.  I love you   A few updates:

I just got a text from my dad that the doctor's visit went well and all looks good!  Praise God.  I'll know more tomorrow evening when I go over to my parents' house to have dinner.

I tried calling the woman from my small group yesterday but got her voicemail.  I'll try again this evening.  Continued prayers appreciated.  She's not going to like what I have to say.  I had lunch with my co-leader yesterday and he's doing much better so that's a praise.

Both ex-members of the other forum messaged me on facebook and we've had some exchanges.  I'm at my wit's end.  We just do not see eye-to-eye but they refuse to let it go.  It's really getting me down.  Pray for softened hearts, acceptance of what is, and forgiveness - all for both them and myself.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:42 pm

Thank you for your prayers!  They're working.  Smile

I spoke with that woman from my small group last night and it went really really well.  I couldn't have asked for it to be better.  However, last night things just kept getting worse with the two disgruntled ex-forum members.  This morning I was praying about it a lot and asked God to speak to me through His Word.  I have been reading through Titus and came upon chapter 3:9-11.

The Apostle Paul wrote:
But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. 10 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. 11 You may be sure that such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned.

After reading that, I checked my phone to see two new facebook messages from them.  The arguing has been absolutely exhausting and has taken us nowhere positive.  That was the last "nail in the coffin" as they say so I have now ceased any and all communication.  I hope that this concludes this saga of ugliness...

Thanks again for all your prayers and please definitely keep 'em coming.  Y'all are wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:41 pm

kerrick wrote:
I just got a text from my dad that the doctor's visit went well and all looks good!  Praise God.  I'll know more tomorrow evening when I go over to my parents' house to have dinner.

Fantastic news!

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Apprieciated :)   

Back to top Go down

Prayer Apprieciated :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2