Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jacob's Dream

Go down 
+3
Redeemed Fool
BearDad
Fundy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Jacob's Dream Empty
PostSubject: Jacob's Dream   Jacob's Dream I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 2:55 pm

I've only got the S/T album and also Theater Of War.  And it's the S/T that I find rather interesting, it's one of those albums that I keep going back to and listening to more.  When I first bought the album there were only two tracks I listened to...

1 - Kinescope was a thumping opening track and really slapped you in the face as soon as you pressed the play button!  I couldn't get enough of that song and kept replaying it over and over again.
2 - Mad House Of Cain was the other track that really caught my attention.  The brooding nature of that song was (and is) compelling, talking about how corrupt the world is.  Really love the feel of this song.

Apart from those two songs I couldn't really get in to any of the others at all, and I probably only listened to the other tracks a few times.  Then jump forward to about 2008 and I was listening to Mad House and let the next song run through and it caught me on the hop for I didn't realise it was so good.  I'd listened to it in the past, but this time round it really pulled me in.  Now I count it as good as the other 2.

This year I was listening to all the tracks again, and whilst some still don't do alot for me The Bleeding Tree has come out of no where and I'm finding I can't stop listening to that song either.

I don't think I've ever had an album that has done anything similar to me before (from not liking tracks at all, to completely turning around).  Generally if I like it, I like it.  Sometimes songs grow on me, but both Tale Of Fears and The Bleeding Tree I didn't use to like at all, but now I LOVE them, and the message is solid too.

Great album!  Maybe I'll have to try Theater Of War next (for I only like Sarah Williams on that album!)

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Jacob's Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream   Jacob's Dream I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 3:30 pm

I love Jacobs Dream! I have all five albums, and unlike you I can't say there are any songs I do not like. I will admit, however, that I prefer their original lead singer (David Taylor) over Chaz Bond.  

Their 5th CD, Beneath the Shadows, is a concept album.

Check out this little gem:

It seems that David starts to sting prematurely at 0:10 ... oops! Smile  Check out the guitar solo at 2:40 ... is that guy even out of high school yet!!?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Jacob's Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream   Jacob's Dream I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 3:44 pm

I have through Drama. The last couple i'd like if the production weren't so muddy.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Jacob's Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream   Jacob's Dream I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:41 pm

This is a band I just can't seem to get into.  I have owned most of their albums at one time but they just never really clicked with me.  To each his own, I guess.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Jacob's Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream   Jacob's Dream I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:35 pm

I totally dig the band, with their self-titled probably being my least favorite. I too wish the production on some of their later albums was a bit better, but it's still great stuff in my book. I will go against what Beardad said and claim Chaz as my favorite singer. It's not that I thought David was a bad singer (he is fantastic) I just feel like Chaz's voice had more personality. I think their last album was some of their best work. I'm a bit concerned with what they will sound like without Chaz at the mike.

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-06-03

Jacob's Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream   Jacob's Dream I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 2:34 pm

The band is still active and will release a new album called "Where Vultures Gather" in the next weeks:

Jacob's Dream 86381jacobsm2waij35fs
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Jacob's Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream   Jacob's Dream I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 2:44 pm

http://jacobsdreamusa.wix.com/jacobs-dream
Back to top Go down
Acurus_

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-06-03

Jacob's Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream   Jacob's Dream I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 2:55 pm

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialJacobsDream

Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Jacob's Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream   Jacob's Dream I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 3:58 pm

I like em. I don't love em. I haven't been able to get into them as heavily as some bands, but I still love to throw them into a shuffle on occasion. I dig most of their songs.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Jacob's Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream   Jacob's Dream I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 4:03 pm

I like em. I don't love em. I haven't been able to get into them as heavily as some bands, but I still love to throw them into a shuffle on occasion. I dig most of their songs.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Jacob's Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream   Jacob's Dream I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 7:31 pm

So nice, he said it twice!

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Jacob's Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream   Jacob's Dream I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 11:44 am

lol!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Sponsored content

Jacob's Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream   Jacob's Dream I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down