Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview

Go down 
+2
Dynamis
Guilty/Forgiven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview  Empty
PostSubject: Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview    Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 3:03 pm

Back in the day, King's X was originally known as "Sneak Preview" - here's a cool video of their early sound.

I am currently looking for an mp3 copy of their Sneak Preview album (which goes for over $300 on ebay) -
can anyone help me out ?

Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview    Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 9:21 pm

The self-titled Sneak Preview album was recorded by the group in 1983 but was never officially released.  There are some bootleg copies floating around but, as you mentioned, they are a bit pricey.

The album is long overdue to be officially released.

Also, I recently updated Angelic Warlord to include a review of the Rock Candy re-issue of the King's X 1988 debut "Out Of The Silent Planet".  The review goes into detail about the groups beginnings which date to the late seventies and includes the Sneak Preview era prior to signing with Mega Force Records.

Please note that King's X are not a Christian band, something the group vehemently denies to this day.  That said, back when "Out Of The Silent Planet" was released all three King's X members professed faith and the lyrics to the album reflect such.  Following is the link: http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/k/kingsx88.html

BTW, hope I am not stirring the pot or opening a can of worms by posting a link to the review.  That said, "Out Of The Silent Planet" is a great album both musically and lyrically.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview    Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 9:48 pm

Great info. Definitely aware of their beliefs or lack thereof, as well as sexual orientation...Nothing I personally care about. Perhaps I should have posted this in a different thread...
I've always been a big fan of King's X though.

Now, that said - I still wish someone could hook me up with their Sneak Preview album   Very Happy 

please ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview    Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:48 am

I was never a fan of the band (mostly because of the singer), but this song seems "catchier" than most of the stuff I have heard from them.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview    Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:43 pm

Yet another reason I want to get my hands on the first album's songs... It sounds pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview    Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 7:33 am

I'm not really a King's X fan.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview    Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview  I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 11:44 am

At one point Sneak Preview had TWO guitar players.... I visited Doug Pinnick in 1990 for a couple of days and he played quite a bit of cool stuff for me.... I saw video that was just smokin....

I still dig King's X....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview    Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview  I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 3:14 pm

I like them as well. I think they are one of the most unique sounding bands ever. I really liked Gretchen Goes to Nebraska.  It had pretty strong Christian lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview    Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview  I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 3:26 pm

Me like too.

Me still want mp3s of their demo "SNEAK PREVIEW"... oh to find someone who could bless me with this request  Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview    Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 3:11 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Me like too.

Me still want mp3s of their demo "SNEAK PREVIEW"... oh to find someone who could bless me with this request  Laughing

I might have a few files, but not the full album. A friend of mine is a KX freak...I'll check with him for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview    Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre-King's X: Sneak Preview
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: