For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Wed May 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Thanks for everyone's input and for listening to me rant. This digital footprint has been removed.  

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Wed May 14, 2014 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2056
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Wed May 14, 2014 1:30 pm

^^ Wow G/F; that sounds a lot like what I vocalized to my 13 year old the other day when she started sassing at her mother: "If you think you can find a better family, there's the door." I'm not sure how I'll feel if she takes me up on that. :/
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18236
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Wed May 14, 2014 2:22 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Ok.... geez... Today I've just come back to the conclusion that I believed before I got married, that having kids is a bad idea. I'm sick of this whole thing, and for all I care, the little unappreciative, selfish brats can just go off their own way and fend for themselves without anymore help or support from us...

I'm done.

I've felt like that at least one or two days a week since my daughter turned 18.  
We had some family friends that were having so much trouble with their 19 year old daughter who just refused to live by her parents rules that they kicked her out of their home.  They said it was the hardest thing they had ever done, but within a year it had improved their relationship with her substantially, apparently it had forced her to grow up some.

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Wed May 14, 2014 2:23 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Staybrite instead of a marrige you are getting your first grandchild, now that's very drastical.
I hope for you both Guilty/Forgiven and Staybrite God is giving you the wisdom you need to deal with the situations at home.
Staybrite, when will your first grandchild be born?

We are expecting him/her in mid November.

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Wed May 14, 2014 2:40 pm

Thanks for everyone's input and for listening to me rant. This digital footprint has been removed.  

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Thu May 15, 2014 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Wed May 14, 2014 4:11 pm

Since  this  is  just  my  way  of  blowing  off  steam  and  sharing  with  the  only  people  who  will  listen,  give  advice  and  commiserate.... I  will  be  editing  out  my  comments  now.

This wasn't something I wanted to imprint on the internet forever.
So, I do appreciate the prayers and having a sounding board... it served it's purpose and now I'm going to remove my whinings   Laughing
Back to top Go down
Samson

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Wed May 14, 2014 4:30 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Ok.... geez... Today I've just come back to the conclusion that I believed before I got married, that having kids is a bad idea. 

Maybe it was a good thing that I never had kids. 

(Just trying to lighten the mood in here, yo.)
Back to top Go down
https://gabrielkinson.wordpress.com/
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Wed May 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Thumbs Up 

been trying to lighten the mood elsewhere with silly pictures and jokes, but this thread is/was my "dumping" ground.... sometimes ya just gotta get it off your chest ya know  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Samson

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

I get sore when I think about fathers, because mine was an abusive piece of garbage. I think that after everything he put me through, I decided I would eliminate any chance of repeating the same things by not having any kids at all.
Back to top Go down
https://gabrielkinson.wordpress.com/
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Wed May 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
This wasn't something I wanted to imprint on the internet forever.
So, I do appreciate the prayers and having a sounding board... it served it's purpose and now I'm going to remove my whinings   Laughing

I completely understand.  Praying you can hold it together and not pistol whip the girl the next time she comes over.

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Wed May 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Quote :
Praying you can hold it together and not pistol whip the girl the next time she comes over.
affraid  How'd you know ?!?!!

LOL !! JK  Razz  Though I want to give my kids noogies, I could never get more violent than an Indian burn
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 2960
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Thu May 15, 2014 2:21 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :
Praying you can hold it together and not pistol whip the girl the next time she comes over.
affraid  How'd you know ?!?!!

LOL !! JK  Razz  Though I want to give my kids noogies, I could never get more violent than an Indian burn

OK, now you've done it and offend me.  I will see you in Tribal Court!!!  Everyone knows it's now Native American Burn or First Peoples Burn.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

Number of posts : 2354
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Thu May 15, 2014 2:30 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Thu May 15, 2014 2:44 pm

How do you know me and my family aren't all Indians ?  Razz
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3245
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Thu May 15, 2014 5:04 pm

All my friends are Indians.  All my friends are brown and red: Spoon Man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Thu May 15, 2014 10:34 pm

Xid wrote:
All my friends are Indians.  All my friends are brown and red: Spoon Man.

RIP Spoon Man.

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Fri May 16, 2014 8:59 am

^Did Spoonman pass away?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 2960
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Fri May 16, 2014 12:58 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Because if you were, you would've known that it's Native American or First Peoples, which you obviously did not Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Fri May 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Xid wrote:
^Did Spoonman pass away?
I don't think so, I just thought it interesting that his celebrity seems to have waned to nothing.  Used to hear about him all the time in the 90's (especially after being the subject of that popular Soundgarden song), no I never hear about him at all.

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Fri May 16, 2014 2:35 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Because if you were, you would've known that it's Native American or First Peoples, which you obviously did not Twisted Evil

Wow, and all this time I thought Adam & Eve where the first peoples.

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Fri May 16, 2014 2:43 pm

Pardon the hijacking, but the last post reminded me of this.

I was once trying to have a spiritual conversation with my children (elementary school at the time)  so I asked, "Do you know who is the first person God created?" My daughter looks at me, thinks about it,  and answers "Grandmother?"

Gotta love 'em. This concludes my hijacking.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Fri May 16, 2014 2:58 pm

metaldude wrote:
Pardon the hijacking, but the last post reminded me of this.

I was once trying to have a spiritual conversation with my children (elementary school at the time)  so I asked, "Do you know who is the first person God created?" My daughter looks at me, thinks about it,  and answers "Grandmother?"

Gotta love 'em. This concludes my hijacking.

Oh man that is hilarious!  I love it.

(and I think the thread was already irreparably derailed back on page 2)

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Mon May 19, 2014 11:14 am

Thanks to all who "listened" to me ramble and rant. I needed an outlet, and all of you have been very supportive and helpful - your prayers were also very appreciated.

I've "erased" my "digital footprint" for the most part in this entire thread as it was quite personal and private - I wanted to vent and unload in the only place where I trust the people who occupy this board.

You've all been extremely helpful in this, even when I was whining like a kid not getting his way  Laughing 
Thank you for your patience, help, and especially for the "ear".

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Tue May 20, 2014 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kerrick

Number of posts : 2354
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Mon May 19, 2014 11:25 am

cheers  Awesome!  I'm so glad to hear things are working out.  This is good news and hopefully sets the bar and direction for future interactions!
Back to top Go down
Xid

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   Mon May 19, 2014 1:01 pm

Very awesome indeed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14   

Back to top Go down

Writing to get it off my chest...UPDATE 5-19-14
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next