Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview

Go down 
+3
rockerVu2
metaldude
ChosenOne
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview Empty
PostSubject: No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview   No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 9:40 pm

So looking forward to the new album Kind of a bit shocking what he had to say about the Christian label but then again, he also lets it be known where he and the band stand. Never really had a doubt in my mind.

http://www.breathecast.com/articles/disciple-bands-kevin-young-tired-of-christian-labels-telling-him-tone-down-jesus-on-albums-15717/
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview   No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 7:53 am

Same here. I know from my own experiences with Kevin what kind of man he is.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview   No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 8:19 am

Will listen to the Disciple interview too.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview   No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:00 am

I don't find it shocking, it's about sales and it seems that takes precedent over talking about Jesus.
Go Kevin!
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview   No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 3:47 pm

So good to hear him say this...

"All we are going back to is a bolder and louder and clearer message. We are just going to say it a little bit louder than we have in a long time."

Makes me almost want to help out at Kickstarter!  But I'll definitely buy the album, just based on that line!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview   No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 3:32 pm

A new Disciple is always on my wishlist.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview   No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 11:58 pm

Kevin posted a clarification to that interview on a Facebook post under the Disciple page:

Kevin Young wrote:
I would like to address the interview that I just did with Breathecast. I appreciated the opportunity to do the interview. However the title of the article was not something I said, nor does it express how I feel about our former record label. Not one time did our record label ever ask us to “tone down Jesus” in our lyrics. Fair Trade Records is a label with the exact same vision as Disciple. I have nothing but the utmost gratitude for everything they have done for this band. They believed in us, invested in us, and even prayed for me and my family throughout many of our medical situations. Even though we are no longer under contract with Fair Trade, there is regular communication between us, and I consider the president of the label to be a friend. I would never want to say anything that would portray him or his record label in a bad light. He is a good man, a good Christian, and I have more respect for him than anyone else in the music business. He has even contributed to our Kickstarter campaign, which I guarantee you has never happened with any other record label in the history of the music business which is a testament to the relationship Disciple has had with Fair Trade Records. While it is true that I personally am very weary of having my lyrics and music under a microscope and needing approval of a song before it could make the record, and that is one of the biggest reasons that we are doing this album independently… I have to emphatically state that putting our lyrics and music under a microscope has been very good for our band. We just needed a break from the stress that goes along with that. Fair Trade made Disciple a better band because they pushed us even when we didn’t want to be pushed. And we have made 5 great records with them because of their desire to push our songs to be better. When discussing my intention to be even more vocal and out front about Jesus on our new record, the president of the label said, “I think that is a great decision.” So there has never been a hint of them ever trying to tone down Jesus in our lyrics. We have the same goals, but just different ideas about how to get there. And that is why we are doing this album independently so we can have the freedom to pursue those goals our own way. There is no way we could have made it this far without Fair Trade, and we have nothing but appreciation for what they have done for us and the music industry.

Kevin
Back to top Go down
els6789

els6789

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2014-04-13

PostSubject: Re: No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview   No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 6:46 am

The above quote gives me even more respect for the man.  It is refreshing to see people in the Christian music industry actually act CHRISTIAN.  So many letdowns and lukewarms out there in the industry.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview   No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 5:14 pm

Yes, I appreciate that too. And it's good to hear about a label that cares about their bands and ministry more then the mighty dollar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview   No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No need to question Disciple's stance, great interview
Page 1 of 1