For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Major prayer needed-vehicle problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Samson

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Major prayer needed-vehicle problems   Sun May 25, 2014 2:34 pm

Copied from my Facebook page:

Major prayers needed, everyone. My truck is dead. It wouldn't turn over this morning, so I got a ride to church. I just spent 24 bucks on a brand new pair of good jumper cables (since I needed them anyway), and tried to boost off another car. I waited for 15 minutes and tried again, and nothing. Wouldn't turn over. There's not even a clicking sound of any kind. I left the cables connected to my battery while taking the other ends and mashing them together to see if they would spark. They did. So that means my battery has juice in it., so it should at least turn the engine. But nothing happened.
I don't have the experience, knowledge, or patience to try and figure this out. I only know that it is not the alternator, because I had it replaced 5 months ago. Not sure if it's a starter, ignition switch, solenoid, or something else. If only this were the end of the problem.
NOW...for the rest of the story. This truck also needs a new oxygen sensor and especially needs to have a new transmission put in, because it's slipping badly. I'm not sure if I'm ready to invest any more money into this thing. I'm really convinced it's time to find another vehicle.
So...please pray that God would provide me a dependable vehicle, and the money I need to get one, because right now, my funds are zilch. And I need something that I can drive to work.
Back to top Go down
https://gabrielkinson.wordpress.com/
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18176
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Major prayer needed-vehicle problems   Sun May 25, 2014 3:50 pm

Praying, I know vehicle problems can be a serious pain (and quite expensive).

Number of posts : 3196
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Major prayer needed-vehicle problems   Sun May 25, 2014 5:20 pm

If it's not turning over and the battery has juice it probably just the starter. The solenoids go bad in those and they won't even click.  If you, or somebody you know can get the starter out, most auto parts stores can and will test it.

I'm assuming that when you turn the key to the on position your indicator lights on your dash light up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2056
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Major prayer needed-vehicle problems   Sun May 25, 2014 6:15 pm

+1 on the starter. How old is the truck? What make and model? If the starter is accessible you might try tapping it with a hammer; sometimes that'll keep it alive long enough to get it somewhere.

In this video the guy bangs on his starter with a rock. If your truck is a later model Ford, like his is, the starter is behind the front passenger wheel, so you would need someone you trust to turn the key while you bang on the starter. REMEMBER TO HAVE YOUR HELPER MAKE SURE IT IS IN NEUTRAL FOR A STICK SHIFT OR PARK FOR AN AUTOMATIC, or your next post here might be from the hospital!

Sometimes the starter for older trucks is up top under the hood, making it a little safer to bang on, but you would still need a helper.

You might also be able to bypass the solenoid.  It's a simple thing to do, but if you are the type that usually takes your car to the dealer to have the windshield wiper changed ( Smile ) then explaining it to you will only cause your head to explode! Smile
Back to top Go down
Samson

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Major prayer needed-vehicle problems   Sun May 25, 2014 7:54 pm

Ummm, yeah, don't bother explaining. You would have an easier time explaining rocket science to a rooster.
Back to top Go down
https://gabrielkinson.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major prayer needed-vehicle problems   

Back to top Go down

Major prayer needed-vehicle problems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1