Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them)

Go down 
+4
metaldude
BearDad
Guilty/Forgiven
Redeemed Fool
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them)   Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 1:21 pm

Yeah they're not easy to find...  Here's their Metal Archives page with all their albums and info.  You can find After The Fall relatively easily/cheaply though.  I think I had to order a couple from France and one from Spain or something.  It was a year or two ago probably though.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them)   Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 1:39 pm

Thanks. I can't spend that but i'll keep an eye out.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them)   Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 3:18 pm

metaldude wrote:
Well,  I've found myself in a full blown Maltese doom binge. I'm holding this thread responsible. 

Drums     Rockin' 
            Headbang

Good . . . Good . . . Let the DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM flow through you.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them)   Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 3:20 pm

I got my Forsaken from eBay.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them)   Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 9:04 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I got my Forsaken from eBay.
Which one? Not that it matters,  they're all awesome.
Back to top Go down
Acurus_

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them)   Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 1:38 pm

Forsaken is one of my favourite bands. Musically a little bit similar to Candlemass from Sweden. Nomad Son are nice as well, but they have a slightly 1970th touch. Both, Nomad Son and Forsaken are from Malta. This is obvioulsy a doomed Island. If you like them, you should give In Aevum Agere a chance. It is a normal (no christian) Power Doom Band from south Italy:

Back to top Go down
Acurus_

PostSubject: Re: Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them)   Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 6:33 am

Here is an another Italian masterpiece of epic Doom: "All Souls' Day". This band has published one CD, only: "Into the Mourning". But I do not know, about exactly they are singing. There are no lyrics in my booklet. Hope and think, it is "clean" Metal.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them)   Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:28 am

Yep, with the organ, Nomad Son has a bit of a '70's vibe to it.  But that's what I like about it.
Back to top Go down
Acurus_

PostSubject: Re: Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them)   Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:33 am

Here is another great epic and in this case christian doom band: "Evangelist" from Poland. Their CD/LP "Doominicanes" is beautiful:

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them)   Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 1:16 pm

I've heard of Evangelist before!  I need to look more into them...  Thanks for the links!
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them)   Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 4:05 pm

Very nice. I just picked up Doominicanes.
Back to top Go down
Acurus_

PostSubject: Re: Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them)   Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 11:12 am

Good choice. You will like the whole album.

Focusing my collection, there is another nice doom band, DOOMSHINE from Germany. They released two albums in the last ten years. I like both very much. It is very catchy doom, not that epic and not that typical Candlemass Power Doom style. Reading the lyrics, I am sure, it is a little bit influenced by christian believing. Am I right? Here is my absolutly favorite from Doomshine: "Shine on sad Angel":

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them)   Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 4:38 pm

I discovered NS about a year ago and they quickly became my fave "Christian Doom" band. Evangelist is good and I really like Benson/Griffin-Evil Killer. Musically that thing is a beeeeeeeaaaaaast!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them)   Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 1:04 pm

Fave songs are 'The Vigil' & 'The Light At The End'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them)   Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nomad Son (bet Kerrick knows about them)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2