Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell

Go down 
+2
Xid
BearDad
6 posters

The Main Event
Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Love Comes Down
Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell I_vote_lcap33%Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Zuid Afrikan
Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Walk On
 0% [ 0 ]
Talk To Me
 0% [ 0 ]
I Think You Know
 0% [ 0 ]
Shadows
Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell I_vote_lcap67%Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Save Me From Myself
 0% [ 0 ]
Nervous World
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell   Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell I_icon_minitime6/8/2014, 9:41 pm

Had I been the one naming this album I would have called it Redeemed, as that is what the band did IMO; they redeemed themselves from the semi-techo-fiasco of the previous record. They still played with the keyboards a bit -- "Walk On," "Talk To Me" and "Save Me From Myself," the latter of which even had some vocal reverb -- but it was tastefully done and didn't detract too much from the pure rock and roll of the remainder of the album.

The record starts out with a real pounder in "The Main Event" and rolls right into the awesome call-and-response hard rocker of "Love Comes Down" before slowing down a bit for the band's second foray into the subject of Apartheid, "Zuid Afrikan." Other notable songs are "I Think You Know," which moves at a great, foot-tapping and head-banging tempo, and "Shadows," another one of these guys' great story songs. The album ends with a look ahead at the year "2000" ... really?  Ahead?  Wow, I feel old now! LOL!

It should also be noted that the band changed their name again, shortening it to simply Rez. No doubt that was easier for the fans to shout at the start of the concerts: "REZ -- REZ -- REZ -- REZ"!!  Headbang  And of course they still had that 80's rock look, but give them a break ... it takes time for your hair to grow back out! LOL!

I'm a bit torn concerning my favorite. "Shadows" almost always garners a press of the repeat button, while "Love Comes Down" guarantees a volume increase! Smile  "Love Comes Down" it is ... I just LOVE call and response songs.

Oh, and since it was the 80's, a cheesy video showing the band in pseudo concert mode, choreographed dancing, and with a story line that appears to have absolutely nothing to do with song was pretty much required!

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell   Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell I_icon_minitime6/8/2014, 10:03 pm

Love comes down is a great rocker but Shadows gets my vote.  Love the story, very touching, very real.  Especially hit home when one of my highschool classmates took his own life a couple of years after graduation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell   Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell I_icon_minitime6/8/2014, 11:47 pm

I totally dig this album!  My favorites from the album would be "Love Comes Down", "Zuid Afrikan" "I Think You Know" & "Shadows".
Having to pick a single song is really tough because "Love Comes Down" and "Shadows" are both such fantastic songs.  I went with "Shadows" only because I'm a sucker for the emotion in Glenn's voice in that song, and the killer hook in the chorus.

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell   Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell I_icon_minitime6/9/2014, 6:31 am

This one is easy for me. Shadows is one of the most impressive songs in the Rez catalog,  in my opinion. All these years later, it still sounds fresh to me. There are several good songs on the album, but for my tastes, Shadows just stood out above the rest.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell   Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell I_icon_minitime6/9/2014, 8:29 am

"Love Comes Down" easily.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell   Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell I_icon_minitime6/9/2014, 9:40 am

Went with the crowd on this one. If four is a crowd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell   Favorite Rez Song - Between Heaven and Hell I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1