Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Box Set question

Go down 
+2
Guilty/Forgiven
ishmael81
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Box Set question Empty
PostSubject: Box Set question   Box Set question I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:48 am

How much would you spend for a box set?

I really want this. But at almost $200, my wife flipped a script on me about it. It is a lot of money, but a good portion of those albums aren't on CD anywhere else...

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Box Set question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Set question   Box Set question I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:54 am

Kinda like my other thread on collecting... in that you should probably be sure your wife and you are on the same page.
I personally think that set is NICE and worth it, but for a serious collector who has that kind of money. Probably not for the person who may have a mortgage, kids, or bills piled high. Jus sayin.

If you have the money, and your wife's cool with it, I personally recommend boxed sets and I myself would pay that amount in a heartbeat.
If not, there's always a torrent floating around out there of the boxed set (but you didn't hear that from me)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Box Set question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Set question   Box Set question I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 10:24 am

I haven't seen a box set yet that I really wanted, so I don't think that I'd pay very much for one.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Box Set question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Set question   Box Set question I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 10:31 am

I'm the same alldat. Box sets are usually just rereleases or best of collections. This is the only one I've seen in a long time I actually want...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Box Set question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Set question   Box Set question I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 10:57 am

Some Box Sets are great. ie I had ZZTOPs boxed set, came in what looked like an outhouse fashioned box, a booklet with history info and lots of pix.
That's a cool box set. Same with REZ Band's - though it's cheaply made, it has some good info in it and a very good buy if you don't have many REZ albums and want an instant collection.

Then there are poo-poo box sets. For last Christmas my boss bought me the Van Halen box set - has the first 6 albums DLR era. THAT'S IT !!!! No inserts, no booklet, no info, no lyrics, nothing !  I looked at Amazon to see what she paid for it, and it looks like the average cost for each cd would be about 6 bucks each. What a lame box set !! What's the point ? I can find all 6 of their DLR albums for about the same price or less -at least I'd get the inserts of the original albums. Sheesh. I didn't tell my boss, didn't want her to feel bad.

So it's hit or miss. I know someone who bought the Elvis Presley ULTIMATE boxed set = $700.00 (No, I'm not kidding) 30 CDs, a huge book, a numbered and signed (not by elvis) authentication, and a very nice case they come in. Includes songs never recorded on any other album. (I got a rip of all 30 cds from him.. mostly for my mom as she's a huge elvis fan. course I listened to a few too - reminded me of my childhood cuz my Mom played him all the time). I would NEVER pay that much money for ANY boxed set !! ever !!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Box Set question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Set question   Box Set question I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 11:47 am

I've seen the Daniel Amos box set selling for aroudn $100.  I got it for less than half that.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Box Set question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Set question   Box Set question I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 12:58 pm

^ THAT would be cool... wonder what that one looks like, what's in it ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Box Set question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Set question   Box Set question I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 2:59 pm

I've never purchased a box set because the cost always scares me away.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Box Set question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Set question   Box Set question I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:18 pm

I have a few, Message In A Box by The Police and I ordered it from BMG CD club back in the day. It was either very cheap or free, I don't remember which. I also have 2 Motley boxed sets called "Music To Crash Your Car To Vol I & II" and those were free. Normally don't buy a boxed set because as someone said it already contains everything the big fan already owns. If I have every Stryper disc already why would I want a Stryper Box?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Box Set question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Set question   Box Set question I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 4:38 pm

That's the only reason I bought the REZ box set, cuz I only had 4 LPs from the early days, and no cds of their more modern stuff. So I thought it'd be cool to get the set that has a nice selection of their works from many albums in their career.
Was pretty good deal, but I kinda wish boxed sets included EVERY song the band ever did- that would be worth buying.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Box Set question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Set question   Box Set question I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 10:22 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

It's the Alarma series along with a booklet explaining it all.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Box Set question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Set question   Box Set question I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 6:15 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

It's the Alarma series along with a booklet explaining it all.

That's cool. I have all the Alarma albums on the original vinyls. Great stuff, classic albums for sure. I would imagine a booklet "explaining it all" would be invaluable ! Since those albums have some strange lyrics, reading some explanations would be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Box Set question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Set question   Box Set question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Box Set question
Page 1 of 1