Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
MikeInFla
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! Empty
PostSubject: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 11:16 am

Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! 10438318_686019188117983_4552168869596254646_n

Last edited by MikeInFla on Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 11:50 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! 10438318_686019188117983_4552168869596254646_n

Is it a gate-fold or is that pic just showing the front and back of the same album?

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 4:35 pm

I wish they were doing both the first D albums.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 7:45 am

No I do not think they are gatefold covers. I believe that is the back and the front.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:40 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
No I do not think they are gatefold covers. I believe that is the back and the front.

Thumbs Up That's what I was thinking, either way it looks very cool.

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 3:21 pm

So Ultimatum and Deliverance? Are these pretty popular bands these days with you kids?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 3:24 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
So Ultimatum and Deliverance? Are these pretty popular bands these days with you kids?

Kids?  scratch Everyone else who has posted on this thread is older than you. Especially Driven, he's 100!!!!

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 6:55 am

Actually I am not a huge fan of Deliverance. I like them OK, but that is just it. To me they are "ok". However, when I saw Weapons would be released on Blue vinyl I just thought it looked really cool. Same with Ultimatum, I like them OK and have 2 of their CD's. I listened to Heart Of Metal on Spotify and there are some good songs on it but the vinyl release only has 10 songs instead of 18. Again, me being just a casual fan I don't think I will miss the 8 tunes not on the vinyl. The 4 new songs are good and I like One For All. 

I am more of a Melodic fan (Barren Cross, Stryper, etc) but that won't stop me from enjoying these vinyl releases. 

I ordered them seperately. I ordered the blue vinyl first then a few weeks later ordered Ultimatum on black vinyl (was 5 bucks cheaper than the green). 

And, for those that are Vengeance Rising fans Bill has less than 30 copies left of Human Sacrifice on picture disc. I'm not really a huge fan of VR (I like to be able to understand the vocals) so I decided not to get it. He does it have priced at $20 now to get rid of the last few. I know someday I will regret not getting it but there are other things I want instead.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 9:27 am

I need to get the black vinyl copies of each so I can play them while keeping the blue & green ones for show  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 11:06 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I need to get the black vinyl copies of each so I can play them while keeping the blue & green ones for show  Twisted Evil

if you are going to order you better order quick! The colored are almost out and if you preorder you get a free CD of the vinyl version which will not be available after the preorder.

http://roxxproductions.storenvy.com/

I asked Bill about the numbering. I told him I wanted # 300 of the Blue and he said the numbers were on the INSIDE so you don't know number you are going to get until you open it. So I could get # 1 or 300, I won't know til I get it.

Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! 10440207_714295571969188_1073141219130503992_n
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 11:14 am

Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

Kids?  scratch Everyone else who has posted on this thread is older than you.  Especially Driven, he's 100!!!!

Just a joke... I know who they are and it seems like I keep hearing about the vinyl releases.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 2:45 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

Kids?  scratch Everyone else who has posted on this thread is older than you.  Especially Driven, he's 100!!!!

Just a joke... I know who they are and it seems like I keep hearing about the vinyl releases.

Yeah I figured you were joking....so was I.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 4:55 am

Bummer, releases have been pushed back until August 12th. Apparently vinyl is a booming business and the company pressing them is backed up. 

But the good news, for those who haven't ordered, you have another month to get them in!

They have some other things coming up for reissue on CD including Deliverance "Stay Of Execution" and "Released Upon The Earth" from VR.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Good, this gives me time to order the regular black vinyl for both Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ze_mau

ze_mau

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 3:00 pm

The good thing about vynil is that the artwork is enlarged compared to CD. and that´s it. I´d never spend a single penny in Vynil these days.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 5:17 pm

ze_mau wrote:
The good thing about vynil is that the artwork is enlarged compared to CD. and that´s it. I´d never spend a single penny in Vynil these days.

I agree with this, except that if I found a classic record in a shop for cheap, I'd pick it up.
Back to top Go down
ze_mau

ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 6:25 pm

I don´t even have a vinyl player to play them anymore.
Back to top Go down
ze_mau

ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 6:26 pm

I have never liked vynil. In my old days as a headbanger I would alwyas prefer k7 tapes.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 11:56 am

Vinyl is all I buy now. I will occasionally buy a cd if something catches my eye in the bargain bin. For me it's vinyl or iTunes. Then I rip the vinyl to my iPod.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 8:07 pm

Vinyl shipping now! And it appears to be SOLD OUT! I believe there may be some black vinyl left but it looks as if the colored vinyl is gone. Glad I preordered! Can't wait to hear these!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 7:14 am

Came back in from Pittsburgh last night and found a package! Woo-whooooo!

Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! 0726140601

Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! 0726140602
Here are the CD versions

Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! 0726140602a
I left the shrink wrap on the outside. I took out the paper sleeve (I hate those) and replaced with a poly-sleeve. Deliverance I have number 14. Ultimatum I have number 8!

Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! 0726140608
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 12:21 pm

Are you talking about using a poly vinyl sleeve?  I thought I remember someone telling me those were bad for records?

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 12:37 pm

No, these are antistatic, antiscratch. Maybe some are bad but these are not. Paper sleeves can leave a lot of dust and can cause surface scratches. I replace all of mine that don't come with polylined sleeves. Some people don't like poly sleeves because they fold up. That's why I picked the ones with the rounded bottom but to me they are more annoying than the square ones (I gotta use these up!). 

Here is some good info on them, including a video.

http://www.sleevecityusa.com/Diskeeper-2-0-Antistatic-Record-Sleeves-p/9235.htm

The only DOWNSIDE to these new releases from Roxx Records is that I haven't been able to play them yet! I had to go to work and only had time to open then and take a few pics. 

There are also several forums on the net about paper vs. poly and poly clearly outweigh the paper sleeves. 

I also have many that are paper with a poly-lining inside but they are a bit thicker and sometimes do not want to slide in very easy.

As a side note, I have Paradise Theater by Styx which was released in 1980. All of these came with a polylined sleeve and after 33 years and MANY, MANY plays it still doesn't have a single scratch on it.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 12:43 pm

Here's another helpful video explaining the different types of sleeves.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 1:23 am

Wow, I didn't realize their was such a science behind protecting vinyl!

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!   Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deliverance & Ultimatum vinyl shipping now!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: